Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK
Trying to recall a fun little game I played years ago

Likely 90s, maybe early 00s.

A fairly simple game with a Star Trek theme. You're the Enterprise and your mission is to fly around a 2-D map (top down view) to different planets and evacuate them by sending down away teams. You then had to return them to starbases, and I think you also had to destroy all enemies on the map. It used WASD controls I think.

You could get Klingon ships as allies, starbases could help fight if they were close enough, etc. I think most enemies were Romulans and maybe Cardassian? And there were neutral Ferengi ships for some reason.

There was an option to add extreme difficulty by adding in a Borg cube that would basically wreck absolutely everyone's poo poo.

Any idea what game this was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

POOR YORICK

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Sounds like Rescue! There's an open-source version.

Looked up screenshots of the original Mac game, and that’s exactly it! Thanks!

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

POOR YORICK
I’m trying to remember a game I think I played on a black and white early Macintosh computer. It was an adventure type game where you explored a pyramid starting at the top. So the levels would get bigger and bigger as you went down. It was first person point and click, you’d use the compass directions to move around picking up loot and encountering creatures. I distinctly remember my younger self being terrified of coming across a sleeping monkey who would gently caress your poo poo up if you woke it up and couldn’t throw a net over it.

Any idea what game this was?

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

POOR YORICK

Yes! Thanks!

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

POOR YORICK
Looking for an educational game I played in the late 90s at school.

The main character was a faceless dude with a red cap, bright teal coat and red sneakers. He had some kind of electronic device that could shoot rays. His mission was to defeat the main boss - a Dr Wiley lookalike - by deducting his location inside a TV broadcast station by solving math problems in different rooms to get their codes and figure out which room the boss was hiding behind. I think there was at least one sequel too.