Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004
Long shot as possibly an obscure system, but that will give less choice in what it could be perhaps?...

Link 480z educationalish game at primary school in the mid to late 80s, you had to make a castle or base or something and I think it got attacked and you saw how well your choices worked to defend it. Maybe could have moats and fences and stuff?

Single screen game as far as I remember.

Thinking about it it could have been on the BBC B but I don't think my school had any of those...

Have tried searching for images etc but nothing looks right and it's difficult to search with such a vague memory of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

legooolas posted:

Long shot as possibly an obscure system, but that will give less choice in what it could be perhaps?...

Link 480z educationalish game at primary school in the mid to late 80s, you had to make a castle or base or something and I think it got attacked and you saw how well your choices worked to defend it. Maybe could have moats and fences and stuff?

Single screen game as far as I remember.

Thinking about it it could have been on the BBC B but I don't think my school had any of those...

Turns out that I guess my primary school must have had a BBC as well, since I'm 99% sure this was Fletcher's Castle, not that anyone is likely to care about a terrible edutainment-ish game ^_^

I would post an image but the Awful Android app currently hates me, and the only link I could give would probably count as :filez:
(Will edit from a computer later to put in a terrible screenshot for posterity)

Edit : found a forum thread about it from elsewhere, which also includes someone giving their strategies for beating it (!) : https://stardot.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4126

legooolas fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 25, 2021

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

MassiveSky posted:

This one has been ruining my brain for years.

C64 game. You were supposed to collect objects jet set willy style.

But there was a twist, there was a bird you could call who would pick you up and drop you off at several locations. Also you could punch the bird for some reason. And then the bird wouldn't pick you up for a while.

This made me think of The Alchemist on the spectrum ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemist_(video_game) ) but there you turn into a bird rather than getting picked up by it. And it's not on the C64. But other than that...