Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

All I know is if there is a God, he's laughin' his ass off.

Gambl0r posted:

Also as an alternative to positioning semi-transparent gifs with z-index in CSS: You could keep one master image of the entire city and split it up into 256x256px tiles and use those as a custom tile overlay in Google Maps. Then you could even put markers on the map with the artist's and building's name or something!

Oooh, I like this idea. I'll try to get something made, despite my utter lack of artistic ability.

Edit: drat this is hard.

Theseus fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 13, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

Are we allowed to break the 2-1 rule if we aren't making right angles? For example, I want to have a tent that's displayed at an angle, and I can't do that with just 2-1 lines.

Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

I finally got around to making something. It's a on a big tile, but is a little sparse since I wasn't up to drawing all the grounded ships. It's my first pixel art so please be gentle. Also, my touchpad finger hurts now.

Click here for the full 1156x706 image.

Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

Rattus Amicus posted:

Click here for the full 1155x905 image.

Probably gonna improve it at some point, maybe add some zombies. The size or height will not change though.

Is this...is this a 28 days later reference? I think I love you. :awesome:

Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

drunkill posted:

Who made the 'Escape from New Caprica' set piece? (above the rubix cube, below Wall-e plot) That is looking fantastic, needs some :psylon: 's walking around shooting the rebels.

More :bsg: things please!

That was me. I wasn't pleased with how it turned out, but I tried to replicate the scene as closely as possible. If you look really close you'll see I gave Tigh a white pixel for one eye for his eyepatch during the escape.

The big problem is that the other things in the scene are mostly grounded ships, and those would be an enormous pain to make - I'm not good at pixel art, though of that bit I'm most proud of the Galactica I did. I was going to make vipers for it to be launching, but it's just too small and I really don't want to draw it again.

Edit: Screw it, I might start working on making a bigger version. Looking at what I did under the flames it looks like it might scale okay, so it may just be a matter of redrawing the flames.

Theseus fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 17, 2008

Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

And from this I learn that drawing large pixel art flames is really, really hard.

Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

Is there a place I can upload images larger than the waffleimages limit? The PNG transparency is eating a ton of space.

Theseus fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 17, 2008

Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

Click thumbnail for huge

This is an update to the earlier Escape from New Caprica. I think the scale is better, though I'm kinda iffy on the flames. If anyone cares to offer advice, I'd take it.

Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

Shakra, could you please update the Escape from New Caprica section with the latest version? Thanks.

http://g.photos.cx/in_progress_bsg_big-92.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

I'm surprised nobodies made the ferris wheel or something from Prypiat yet.