Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It will be Hootle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Calling it now, there will be at least one cutscene where Shionne is at an emotional low point and someone hugs her and bears the pain of the curse to prove she's not alone.

The question is will it be the Iron mask boy or the whole party at once?
it will be -

bobjr posted:

It will be Hootle.
yeah that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there will be a skit about her wanting to hug hootle but not wanting to hurt him

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Calling it now, there will be at least one cutscene where Shionne is at an emotional low point and someone hugs her and bears the pain of the curse to prove she's not alone.

he has a name

Alphen

might have heard of it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Junpei posted:

he has a name

Alphen

might have heard of it

No no you're thinking of Alvin, the cool guy in Xillia.

Endorph posted:

there will be a skit about her wanting to hug hootle but not wanting to hurt him
That'll be a series of shits of her trying out different ways to pet the owl. Buying mittens and blankets and the like and it all failing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hellioning posted:

GIANT RAPPIG.

Then your party gets x99 pork ingredients for cooking :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know what I've always liked as an idea even if I haven't played around with the effects of them much?

Tales's mine/trap artes. Like Raven's Serpent and Firefly, Rose's Sleeping Dragon and Burrowing Dragon, and Magilou's Water Mine, Fire Mine and Gravity Mine spells. I haven't played around with them much but I appreciate them as interesting ideas that could lead to a lot of fun with baiting and kiting and so forth.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I don’t care unless they’re helping me do sick wombo combos

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Any game with trap skills demands skills that affects enemy position ala Radiant Historia

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RevolverDivider posted:

I don’t care unless they’re helping me do sick wombo combos

Gravity Mine is a top tier wombo combo move, bro.

Anyway, detonation-style moves seem like they’d be really fun with a taunt mechanic but I don’t think those are a huge thing surprisingly; there’s definitely characters meant to facetank poo poo like Asbel/Pascal in Graces and Pascal especially would love the ability to draw aggro and charge up a nuke.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I kinda want us to get hassled for walking around with a fire sword on our back that doesn't have a sheath.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
On a whim I picked up a Tales crossover SRPG in the 3DS that I didn’t know existed for 264 yen. I’ve never gotten into any of the Tales crossover games and it seems pretty bare bones but maybe it will tide me over until September 9th?

Edit: oh huh it’s a port of a defunct iOS game. It’s not so interesting so far.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 25, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/TalesofU/status/1418926620375765011

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Alphen can't feel pain.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Is this the first Tales game that's not developed for ps3 era consoles?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it is the first tales game on an engine that does not run at 15fps on its target hardware

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
That Kiara v-tuber showed off the English versions of the Hootle scenes with the Owl King and Queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL8826phwI4&t=1023s

There's also drawings of Hootle made by a collaborator

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

WaltherFeng posted:

Is this the first Tales game that's not developed for ps3 era consoles?
Oh yeah….even Berseria is a cross generation game. The only other one like that I can think of right now from the last several years is Persona 5.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Game Informer is going to run an article about Arise. The physical magazine isn't out yet, but if you're a digital subscriber you can see it early on their site.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
A friend shared it and it's got some pretty interesting deets. More Kagawa saying nice-sounding things about how he's simplifying Tales gameplay because it's too much (true fact), and we find out that the Renan lords are being made to compete to see who can frack the most mana out of the planet because the winner gets to be king.

It's extremely global capitalism, unchecked growth, and imperialist exploitation and frankly I'm here for it even if they handle those issues with the usual Tales ham-handedness.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
To be honest, with those kinds of themes, I don't mind being obvious, blunt and ham-handed about it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Junpei posted:

Game Informer is going to run an article about Arise. The physical magazine isn't out yet, but if you're a digital subscriber you can see it early on their site.

I have not thought of Game Informer for close to 15 years and am actually legitimately stunned to find out they still exist in any form, let alone a still-published physical one. Huh.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

as it turns out, object permanence is real and things don't just vanish when you stop thinking about them!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Amppelix posted:

as it turns out, object permanence is real and things don't just vanish when you stop thinking about them!

This is a weirdly hostile response to my legitimate amazement that a physical gaming magazine exists in 2021 but you do you I guess lol

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

well i thought it was funny...

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
unrelatedly, I keep forgetting how gosh darn adorable Baby Repede from the Vesperia OVA is

he's... so cute

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Amppelix posted:

well i thought it was funny...

Eh, sorry if it was meant in humor. I'm up stupid late and drunk courtesy of work poo poo. Not exactly at my best. :)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I haven't paid attention to arise since the announcement trailer

Does it look cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkitten posted:

Does it look cool

extremely, combat looks great and theyre making a bunch of smart calls design-wise. the graces title system is back.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Sharkitten posted:

Does it look cool

it looks rad af

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

the graces title system is back.
I didn’t know that. Hell yeah.

It’s been a really slow summer for games, like usual, but between that and Lost Judgment, September should be pretty awesome.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/TalesofU/status/1420051523346829313

Okay, so there's 5 little trees with different colors around the Owl King and Queen. I bet those link up with the 5 areas of Dana. I think the white one behind the tree trunk the Owl Royalty are sitting on is Cyslodia (light), and Calaglia is either the red or the orange. Elde Menancia is probably the green.

Out of curiosity: When do you think Alphen will switch from his slave wear (the brown scarf thing over his shoulders), to the white shirt with the bluish green vest? And when will he switch from that to the black armor over blue clothing?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

:yeshaha: I will collect all of these good owls

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn’t know that. Hell yeah.

It’s been a really slow summer for games, like usual, but between that and Lost Judgment, September should be pretty awesome.
its not *exactly* the graces title system, but its the same sort of idea. it looks kind of like a combo of the graces and xillia systems? you get titles and then the titles have little skill trees. i wasnt really clear on if its a case of the titles just unlock more options on the skill tree or if you have to equip the titles to level up their part of the skill tree. either way the main thing that was good about the graces system was the small progression you got for doing various things and if its tied to titles thats definitely preserved.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Endorph posted:

its not *exactly* the graces title system, but its the same sort of idea. it looks kind of like a combo of the graces and xillia systems? you get titles and then the titles have little skill trees. i wasnt really clear on if its a case of the titles just unlock more options on the skill tree or if you have to equip the titles to level up their part of the skill tree. either way the main thing that was good about the graces system was the small progression you got for doing various things and if its tied to titles thats definitely preserved.

I mean, while we can unlock new Artes from titles, we've also seen the classic method of just learning new Artes randomly in combat so it's not purely that.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sorry for the double post, again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtSYbibPOEM

https://twitter.com/TalesofU/status/1420874275964166146

https://twitter.com/TalesofU/status/1420866725654974467

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I love Hootle :swoon:

The new skit layout seems good too.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
it's wild that they're not using 2d portraits for skits anymore. How am I supposed to get the joy from watching character portaits just sliding from stage left to stage right while characters talk about whatever else now???

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Hi, Aerith.