Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Motto posted:

https://youtu.be/tn7CY1EHc7w

Tales of Arise set for September 9th in Japan.

https://youtu.be/uBacdxeJQNo

Gameplay and world trailer. Shows off a third party member.

Pretty sure punchy kicky boy is a party member too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Endorph posted:

土壇場 is a very interesting one. It means 'earth platform,' but it's very specifically a word for a platform made of packed together earth/dirt/etc, that they'd perform executions on in the Edo period of Japanese history. It's read as ディッチ, Ditch, which obviously has 'mass grave' implications. Ditch would have been fine here, but I guess they wanted to make the death connotation clearer, so they chose Eleventh Hour. Feel like you could have found a snappy word that had the execution connotations?

土壇場 is also just straight up a Japanese idiom that broadly corresponds to the English idiom of 'Eleventh Hour'. This Japanese dictionary defines it as a desperate/urgent situation.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Lady's walking around carrying a drat door

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

multijoe posted:

Okay but what if you just want to have a simple well crafted experience without having to retune everything to account for the ways the dev is trying to twist your arm into buying DLC

Then you stop playing Ubisoft games.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

I mean it would have been nice if they built up the first antagonist just a tiny bit more instead of his character essentially amounting to just being a shouty man in a big room. Idk if this gets better as the game goes on so :shrug:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

You're absolutely right, they don't need to, no. I would have enjoyed it more if they had though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Veriun posted:

(Was the soylent green lake mentioned at any point earlier? Feels like it came out of nowhere, and the whole thing would've been exposed if Dohalim ever got the inclination of actually visiting this "medical facility".)

Well obviously nobody outright says "there's a lake out back where people melt into man goop" but there are a few NPCs around town when you first get there saying stuff like "My friend got sick and went to the medical facility behind the quarry, it sure has been a while since anyone last saw them. Oh well, I'm sure it's fine."