Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If I am correct Millia plays more like a tales main character then Jude does. ( but with a mix of caster) Added on ether of them can been seen as the main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I currently hate Khronos from Xillia 2. Both for instory reasons and because he is a bitch to fight. (Seriously his gimmick as a boss is one of the most annoying in pretty much any RPG series)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 4, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am still confused about what Presa is. Some kind of Cat person despite and I think she is like the only one.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I heard Milla has a cool fighting style that involves him fusing Spells into her sword artes is this true?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Ages don't seem too bad for Xillia.

Milla is 20, Jude and Leia are 15, Elise is 12 (These 3 are the youngest) Alvin is 26 and Rowan is 62.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am guessing Milla plays more like a standard Tales main character.

Actully in terms of fun to play as how would you guys rank the characters In Xillia.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Syfe posted:

Dragging this up from the depths for the fact that Xillia got not just marketing, but a commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P11Kh6iktw4

That's pretty cool. Xilla already sounds like it's doing well here based purely on pre order numbers.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skychrono posted:

What did you think of the plot and character of X2? The first one was pretty bland to me, giving me the weird reversal of "the comedy relief character/doll is the most interesting"

I personally like it better.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly DotW is not really bad just kind of mediocre. I don't see any harm in playing it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arkeus posted:

It explained a lot when i learned of this happening on their development. It's also why they flat out refuse to make games for the Wii U.

No it's because the Wii U does not have enough of an base yet. They also are refusing to make games for the PS4.

Seriously you have no idea what you are talking about.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

wdarkk posted:

And yeah most of Graces's Mystic Artes own.

By far my favorite is Cheria's DIO mystic arte.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sylphid posted:

With a lot of Tales villains, I think, they're otherwise decent people who have gone far off the deep end and / or are so absorbed with their own personal desires they can't really see how much misery they cause (Dhaos comes to mind, of course. Speaking of which, Milla's Dhaos costume was easily the best costume in the game). But Gaius is a guy whose vision for the world is just different, and no matter what, no one in the party can question him or his resolve. It's a real "Might makes right" kind of conflict between the party and Gaius, and unlike a lot of villains never involves civilians and keeps things real professional. Is he the only Tales villain to survive the events of the game he's in? I don't think any other major villains survived in their game. The final battle with him and Muzet with the conditions of my Jude playthrough made that fight super tough, but very fun. The final battle in general is really well done.

Duke the final boss of Vesperia survives the game. Though how much of a villain he was is debatable. Vesperia is weird is that it's Main Villain dies at the 75% mark and the rest of the game is just cleaning up world threatening mess he made.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Sympohonia 2 also is not that bad. It's not a good game or anything it's just mediocre.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

oblomov posted:

At some point the Tales team will create an option for a protagonist that will have capability to not make completely boneheaded or stupid decisions. Wait, they made one but they didn't want to send it to PS3 audience in the West :).

Yuri and Milla are pretty good. They make some mistakes but are pretty good at not being stupid.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well lots find Xillia 2 better then 1. Also no chose between protags choice so you won't miss out on stuff by choosing one character.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I wish they included the Ludger actually talks option from the 2nd play through in the first. You still pick what he says but now you actually hear him say it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

amnesiac goddess party member to a party member attacking another over a supposed goddess and the whole incident being immediately forgotten

Milla is not an amnesiac she has no memory problems. The spoiler is mentioned in a skit were both parties admit they want to just forget about it and move on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skeezy posted:

I just got to the Chromus or whatever his name is battle and :downs:

Chronos he is named after the Greek God of Time.

Also what do you mean by this? Is it first or second battle.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is just some stuff on Rose I just learned about no idea if true or not.

Apparently the guild she is part of is an assassin's guild.

Also in the Major Major don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled category.

Apparently Dezel dies because he is an rear end in a top hat or something like that.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 21, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In other major possible spoilers.

Alisha may be this games traitor.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skeezy posted:

What am I looking at here?

That's Zaveid not Dezel.

McTimmy posted:

Supposed full game summery over on the GameFAQs board. Plot looks godawful which doesn't really surprise me with the Xillia 2 writer doing work.

I would say that the summery is poorly written. Anyway Xillia 2 had a good plot so I just want to know the real details.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Decus posted:

That's not quite true. You can freely control the celestials in combat just fine--you don't have to control Sorey--but there needs to be one human on the field for every one celestial. From everything I've seen so far, it's arbitrary and bullshit but maybe something will happen later to remove that restriction? I didn't want to watch anything past the first several hours of play so I'm optimistic for either a fourth human, maybe that older looking guy from the opening, or no restriction due to plot later, assuming there was plot behind it in the first place.

I have some info on this.
Spoiler Alert.

From what I have seen and heard, their are 8 playable characters. However only 6 of them are ever available at a time. The 8 are Sorey, Alisha, Rose (Humans) and Mikleo, Leilah, Edna, Dezel and Zaveid. (Celestials) Alisha leaves the party early on is essentially a guest party member. She apparently does some stuff with the party but never rejoins or anything, Rose is in the party for the vast majority of the game and Alisha and Rose are never in the party at the same time. Dezel is permanently replaced by Zaveid at a point in the game who plays identically to him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On Zesteria about the Alicia thing. I am bugged by it. Not because I particularly like her or anything as I have not gotten to play or really understand the game yet. I don't even have an issue with her not being playable for very long. My issue is that apparently nothing interesting is done with her. In other Tales game guest party members tend to do something interesting in the plot. From what I know she does not do anything and really should have just been an NPC. I liked the early fake spoilers were she was the traitor and a major villain near the end, that way she would be interesting.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Excels posted:

Alisha spends 20 full hours of the game "fixing a bridge".

Maybe it should have fallen on her. That would be something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ok hearing more this just makes me suspicious about all of this. Did someone important come into the games development later on who for some reason hated Alisha and then had her largely removed from the plot?

It just feels like a disconnect. Something changed during development I think.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 27, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also just learned that Alisha Does not even get stuff she was stated to get pre release. Some of the stuff said about her is apparently ignored as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Anyway everything is not fully understood so I will wait until the game gets to the understandable phase. Before I make judgements on it.,

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Excels posted:

Yeah, something went bizarrely wrong during development. What the heck.

Were did you find this out of curiosity? But yeah something is weird.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Excels posted:

alright fine, but it's not like he just 'disappears', he's just more of a guest character who becomes the main villain. i think it's fair to say the circumstances are different.

if Alisha was at least around more and the party didn't talk poo poo about her and say how much better Rose is, I think people wouldn't care

Plus unlike Richard, she does not do anything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If I must say Tales of Zestria has great music. This boss song is pretty great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve2F6BJQ1Dw

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 15, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caphi posted:

Act 2 is just where it's revealed that all the corruption in government is secretly because of Space Tentacle Pollution Satan.

Unless that is code for DC Douglas/ Alexei, the giant monster about to eat the world had nothing to do with the assholes fought earlier in the game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Zestiria has some good music however.

Zaveid's theme stands out pretty well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYRZvMkJNeg

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also note when she pops up your don't have to fill an entire payment up all at once. Meaning you can wait until the next paywall to fully pay it. Allowing you to spend minimal money.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

No Tales boss group is ever going to be as good as the 7 God Generals and that is disappointing.

6 God Generals. I personally liked the 4 Stars from Rebirth quite a bit. They even made it easy with the 4 Stars by keeping them in pairs. One pair contained the Sympathetic and Well Intentioned Villains, while the other pair contained two of quite possibly the biggest assholes in the Tales series.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

For music from that game that is actually great. Look no farther then Tiamat

Tiamat Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Fo0tXjTKU
Tiamat Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwpCHXA0zG8

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Decus posted:

even into Xillia 2.

I remember the scene with Presa there. That entire thing was just crapping on him. The woman he loves who he failed to save dying in his hands because his alternate self shot her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Xillia's biggest weakness as a game is the fact that their are two routes and not a ton of diffrences between them except at key moments. So instead of playing through two cool stories. It feels like you are playing through one cool story while missing interesting stuff.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Question is Artorias the blonde guy she is seen fighting a lot in the trailers or have we not seen him yet?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Renoistic posted:

As long as the plot isn't a garbage fire like Xillia 2 was I'll probably be happy. Thanks! I might get Hearts too - it's been a while since I played anything good on my Vita.

What the Xillia 2 plot was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hey Caphi a Rebirth question.

I heard that Saleh and Tohma were two of the most evil tales series villains (That or just two of the straight up most dickish). I am curious what you think of their characters and role in the plot.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 5, 2016