Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I played Tales of Phantasia like two decades ago and found the combat system quite enjoyable and the overall story pretty well done, but haven't touched a Tales game since then and would like to give the series another shot in a couple weeks when I finish up with my current RPG. What's the best "entry point" to the series? Is there one game that's widely considered The Best and where I should start? I'm assuming it's like FF/DQ where each game is basically independent and you can jump in to any of the games without missing anything relevant from prior games.

Also, are the PC/Steam ports a reasonable way to play these games? Haven't bought a console in a decade, so hopefully the ports aren't total half-assed :effort:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU