Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
If Berseria being some kinda spiritual successor to Legendia would mean another soundtrack composed entirely by Go Shiina then it better loving be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i was there for symphonia and it was alright but i started playing abyss a while ago and i like it a lot more, and i feel like i'd feel the same about most of the other tales games once i get around to them

at least i like the music in legendia more than symphonia

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Arkeus posted:

Grace... was just loving disappointing. Unwieldly combat system, crafting that's more painful than Zestiria's but doesn't have any of Zestiria's strong points, and flat out the worse Tales characters I have ever seen where there is the least impact on the world for characterization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-SZIx4lxPA

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
isn't tempest supposed to be the worst one, though?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish go shiina's music was in all of the amazing tales of games, instead of just a couple of the decent ones

it is cool, though, that he did his own whole style for legendia just because he realized that it was absolutely nothing like the other games stylistically

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 31, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
drat, maybe it'd be better to stop waiting for a pc port of graces f and just grab a cheap used copy instead if any more recent pc ports end up like this

GreyPowerVan posted:

The game is good :getout:

symphonia is alright but in retrospect i don't really like most of the cast

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 2, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tear's cool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
everyone in abyss is actually cool and fun, and natalia is cute and my wife

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've been holding out hope for a pc port, but lately i'm kind of considering just grabbing a used copy of graces f cause i've still got my ps3 hanging around so, heck, why not

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dunno why the marsh beast is such a big deal, it might've taken a few life bottles but we totally punked that motherfucker, i bet people are only scared cause it respawns

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Caphi posted:

There's a difference between "this thing is complex so we can all interpret it" and "this thing is inconsistent so we have to fill in the holes." Arguments about which girl is Yuri's OTP are better than this.

i don't think she said it was complex, just that it generates more interesting discussion than the more generic tales plots

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Erg posted:

I agree, my favorite is RitaxEstelle

oh you meant Yuri the character

the answer to both questions is the same

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i want the next tales of game to be a cool, fun game with fun and interesting writing and characters and solid mechanics with even more music composed by go shiina

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like how as we're in the process of bringing peace in the middle of a really tense political climate where people's identities and authority and familial ties are being questioned and religious conspiracies could plunge the world into destruction, the first interaction luke fon fabre has with his mom as i go to talk to her is giving her a back rub so she'll give me money

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Reinanigans posted:

Thank you Endorph. I don't agree with your opinions, but I will defend your right to have them until my dying breath!

she's right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWBjnUgD7ys

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Vesperia isn't even in the top 5 :colbert:

it's better than symphonia

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i just beat tales of the abyss. it was good.

i'm probably gonna take a break from tales for a bit, then play tales of legendia next.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
are any of the 2d tales games worth playing?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

here's art of sheena and zelos in big winter clothes

i would be willing to actually do a full playthrough of symphonia if they wore those in-game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wanna hibiki

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hello, i'm just coming in to say, i want to play tales of berseria right now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZRFsqiZkzM

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you don't remember the plot of tales of the abyss, then you're hosed Up or have a bad memory of the plots of long jrpgs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

voltcatfish posted:

im looking forward to being magilou's friend

http://i.imgur.com/0GjNlW2.mp4

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 18, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
she's my role model

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah, abyss had it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
while symphonia's port was awful on launch, isn't zestiria's port supposed to be good?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

pessimism sucks and posts about pessimism are boring

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7CO1ILUjY

i said once in another thread that tales of the abyss had a forgettable soundtrack but i think i might probably have been wrong

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's making me remember the part where you fought asch and how loving cool it was thematically and how much i looooooooooooooooove tales of the abyss dear god

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
can anyone say if the english patch for vesperia ps3 is any good?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
velvet is gonna kick rear end

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have ordered a copy of tales of graces f

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ometeotl posted:

I'm sorry.

no i should be apologizing for not sharing good video game with you

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's cool when tales games hire really good animation studios

i just want to use this as an excuse to say that i really love the cutscene animation in tales of the abyss, that was something that seriously impressed me playing through it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the war scene is cool from the standpoint of "oh, neat, they're messing with a really different art style" but yeah in the context of a video game with really consistent art direction it's kind of strange

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ack, not having more grade by the end of tales of the abyss is biting the start of my replay in the rear end

i'd love to have my ad skills, but then i'd have to give up the costumes!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

At least that's not as bad as the second Persona 2 game on PS1 where no one on the localisation team knew about the alternate second route so it's not translated at all.

i didn't know they made a similar mistake with persona 2 that they did with persona 1

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad the psp version of persona 1 had a better localization, and still kept in "mark danced crazy" as a battle line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
playing tales without skits is like eating ramen without pouring in boiling hot water