Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Well, this is a good opportunity for some IC downtime anyway, so that's OK! I'll go ahead and assume Taldrel accompanies Landra et al to the Fancy Inn, just so that is out of the way (unless he'd prefer one of the cheaper ones, but he doesn't really strike me as the type?).

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Flirted with Tempest Fighter or switching to a falchion/fullblade, but decided in the end to mostly keep Landra the way she was: took the Eladrin Noble Birth background (+2 Intimidate) in keeping with the whole ghaele thing I've been growing her into, swapped out Cleave for Footwork Lure from MP, swapped a few other powers (ironically enough, only one of the new ones isn't from the PHB).

Goodbye Spinning Sweep, Comeback Strike, Dance of Steel, Thicket of Blades, Crack the Shell - hello Steel Serpent Strike, Villain's Menace, Sweeping Blow, Victorious Surge, and Nimble Bladestorm (from Dragon 366's Mithrendain article, but the Character Builder text says the to-hit bonus is available to heavy blades, where the PDF says it's just light blades and spears. Can I get a ruling on that? If we go with the PDF I'll probably juggle the dailies again.)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
My copy of the PDF does include heavy blades for that power (as do all the fighter powers in that article, incidentally). It's adding the full DEX modifier to the attack roll that bothers me a little, but eh, it's a daily and only deals 2[W], so whatever. :)

Nimlach
Jul 22, 2008
Thanks guys. Glad to be back :)

First of all, I've only been scanning the thread, in case you wanted to bring Alagand up to date IG. Do you want to do it that way, or would you rather I read the thread and we just said something like "Annetta tells Alagand what's been happening?" (did I see "Lich" somewhere in there?)

Also, I'm kind of liking the idea of switching Alagand to Avenger, which seems to fit him quite well. Is that cool? I would keep the same fighting style, the rogue multiclass and (I'm pretty sure) the same paragon path - I'd change the stats a little.

The hesitation I have about this is less about how much it will mess with game continuity, and more about party balance: it's pretty sweet to have two healers. If MMA ok's this, what do people think?

The Transhumanist
Jan 2, 2008

Things can get better. You just gotta be willing to take the chance.
I was thinking along the lines of her affinity for magic being explained to her and to some degree opened up to her by her fey mentor, but for the bulk of it, her power comes solely from raw, barely contained power within herself. Of course, she'll never admit that. I can scare up a sheet if need be. One question though is would I be able to swap my rod for a magic dagger? The rest of my gear I'd keep the same, just wondering.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Nimlach: If people want to RP bringing Alagand up to date, they absolutely can. (In fact, I encourage this.) You're still free to read the thread of course, and if you wanted me to I could throw together a brief summary of what has happened since Alagand's death as well.

I'm OK with the avenger thing. In fact, I was almost expecting it. :D Regarding party balance, yes it will make a difference, but as both Taldrel and Petra can dish out some healing, you guys still ought to be OK. (Also, I'm probably going to try and recruit a seventh player again soon, so the leader slot vacated by Alagand is likely to be filled.) Other players are welcome and encouraged to give their input too on this, of course.

The Transhumanist: That's fine. Feel free to RP/fluff it out to your heart's content. Also yeah, go ahead and change your rod to another implement of equal or lower level. (This goes for everyone; if a change of class/class feature renders your current implement or weapon useless, you may pick one of equal or lower level to replace it. Nimlach might wish to consider this too, as a glaive isn't a particularly good avenger weapon for a number of reasons!)

Nimlach
Jul 22, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

Nimlach: If people want to RP bringing Alagand up to date, they absolutely can. (In fact, I encourage this.) You're still free to read the thread of course, and if you wanted me to I could throw together a brief summary of what has happened since Alagand's death as well.

I'll read the thread, but I think I'll wait until whatever ingame explanation is forthcoming is through.

MMAgCh posted:

Nimlach might wish to consider this too, as a glaive isn't a particularly good avenger weapon for a number of reasons!)

Is it that you can't get the oath of enmity extra roll with a reach weapon? I was thinking that the polearm gamble/ uncanny dodge/ heavy blade opportunity combo Alagand was going for would be neat with a pursuit avenger - (if you move in to hit me, I attack you, but if you don't end your turn adjacent, I can shift all over the place)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yeah, it's mainly the low damage dice and the fact that you have to be adjacent to get the OoE reroll. I'm of course not going to keep you from using the glaive if you want to, it's just that I'm not sure if doing so won't compromise your damage output a bit too much. Completely your call!

The Transhumanist
Jan 2, 2008

How's this look? Make sure it makes sense/does not have some mystery screw up I missed.

code:
Annetta Voss - Level 12 Unaligned Human Primordial Channeler/Sorcerer
Experience: -   Background: Scholar

Appearance and Behaviour
  Height: 5'8"   Weight: 130lbs  Age: 22  
  Hair: Red      Skin: Fair

Deity: None in particular

Languages Known: Common, Elven

Primary Abilities
  Str  9 (-1/+5)  Int 13 (+1/+7)
  Con 12 (+1/+7)  Wis 11 (+0/+6)
  Dex 18 (+4/+10) Cha 22 (+6/+12)

Secondary Abilities
  Speed:  6        Size: Medium    Vision: Normal

Hit Points: 79   Healing Surges/day:  7
  Bloodied:   38   Healing Surge Value: 19
  Initiative: +10  Base AP: 1

Defenses     Total  Base  Item  Race Class Feat
  AC:          25 |  20    +5    --    --   --
  Fort:        22 |  17    +4    +1    --   +1
  Refl:        26 |  20    +4    +1    --   +1
  Will:        29 |  22    +3    +1    +2   +1

Skills       Total  Stat  Level  Trained  Misc
  Arcana:     +14 |  +2     +6     +5      +2
  Bluff:      +17 |  +6     +6     +5      --
  Diplomacy:  +17 |  +6     +6     +5      --
  History:    +12 |  +1     +6     +5      --
  Nature:     +13 |  +0     +6     +5      +2
  Streetwise: +17 |  +6     +6     +5      --

Str: +5  Con: +7  Dex: +10
Int: +7  Wis: +6  Cha: +12

Feats
  Heroic
    Disciplined Wild Soul, Pact Initiate (Fey Pact)
    Ritual Caster, Sorcererous Blade Channeling, 
    Dual Implement Spellcaster, Armor: Leather
    Familiar (Rootling)
    Bonus: Implement Expertise
  Paragon
    Paragon Defenses, Sorcerous Vision

Special Features
  Wild Soul
  Chaos Burst: First Attack roll: Even: +1 AC, Odd: Make a save
  Chaos Power: Arcane powers gain +6 damage.
  Unfettered Power: Natural 20: Slide target 1 square and knock it prone
    Natural 1: Push each creature within 5 squares 1 square.
  Wild Soul: Gain resist 10 and ignore resistance of the rolled type up to 10.
  Primordial Action: Deal Dex damage to each enemy within 3 squares when using 
    an action point. Damage type is the same as Wild Soul.
  Primordial Manifestation
    Cold: Creatures hit by attacks are slowed until end of your next turn.
    Fire: Creatures hit by your attacks take Dex ongoing fire damage. (Save ends)
    Lightning: Creatures hit by your attacks suffer -2 penalty to hit till end
      your next turn.
    Thunder: Creatures hit by your attacks are Deafened. (Save Ends)

Basic Attacks
  Melee                   - +8  vs AC    
  Acid Orb                - +15 vs Reflex

Powers 
At-Will
  Chaos Bolt              - +15 vs Will
  Acid Orb                - +15 vs Reflex
  Burning Spray           - +15 vs Reflex

Encounter
  Thunder Slam            - +15 vs Fortitude
  Dancing Lightning       - +15 vs Reflex
  Chaos Storm             - +15 vs Reflex
  Primordial Rage         - +15 vs Reflex
  Eyebite                 - +12 vs Will

Daily
  Chromatic Orb           - +15 vs Reflex
  Acidic Implantation     - +15 vs Fortitude
  Contagious Curse        - +15 vs Fortitude

Utility
  Dragonflame Mantle [E]
  Narrow Escape [E]
  Swift Escape [E]
  Primordial Boon [D]

Equipment:

Armor
  Sunleaf Armor +3
  Cloak of Resistance +3    

Weapons
  Elemental Twist Dagger +2 
  Magic Dagger +1          

Other:
Gear Kit- 29lbs
    Includes: Bedroll, Backpack, Pouch, Flint and Steel
    50' Rope, Rations (10 days), Waterskin
  Everburning Torch - 1lb
  Ritual Book 32/128 Pages used
  Chest prepared with Leomund's Secret Chest
  Bag of Holding

Rituals
  Comprehend Language, Discern Lies, Enchant Magic Item
  Leomund's Secret Chest, Make Whole, Raise Dead, Knock
  Endure Elements, Disenchant Magic Item

Remaining Cash: 1250G

Armor Profeciencies: Cloth, Leather

Rootling
Speed 6, Climb 4

Defenses
AC 25    Fortitude 23   Reflex 25    Will 28

Checks: As Annetta
Constant Benefits: +2 to Nature checks
Gain forest walk
Active Benefits: Rootling gains +5 to Stealth checks if it is in 
a forest or has concealment due to plants.
Edit: Fixed things now that I have an up to date Character Builder to work with and catch stupid mistakes with.

The Transhumanist fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 5, 2009

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Couple of potential mystery screw ups:
  • You've either spent 23 points on your attributes, or I am else too dumb to get them to add up.
  • You're short one feat, I think. Implement Expertise doesn't count, that's why it's a bonus feat. (Actually it doesn't even count as a feat as such anymore either.)
  • Sorcerers get +2 Will as their class defence bonus, not +1 Reflex and +1 Will.
  • Streetwise is not a class skill for you. (Could neatly plug this hole by MCing into warlock, as you've got a free feat slot anyway, and grab Bluff or Diplomacy instead?)
Fluff-wise, because Annetta cannot communicate with her fey patron as this time, you'd have to put a slightly different spin on it, depending on what you had in mind. Overall it looks OK though.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Edited my new sheet into the game thread: decided to take Iron Will instead of HBO for now to fill up an obvious defense hole.

While we're cleaning our sheets up, we should look at inventory: I think we have a rather large quantity of gold to split up - since we funded Alagand's raise out of the statue and some other stuff we already had. Also, worth keeping track of who has the ritual scrolls and the other treasure from the warlord's study.

Unless I'm missing something, we have about 3000 gold and about 930g more worth of residuum to split up, plus whatever our casters were carrying before. If we split the gold 6 ways, that's 500 each, and I suppose we can let the ritual casters fight over the residuum.

EDIT: Also, re: Alagand switching to Avenger/Rogue, it's certainly fine by me - like MMA, I always thought that was more fitting for him anyway, and we still have Taldrel and Petra, plus whoever else might join.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 4, 2009

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Dallan Invictus posted:

Also, worth keeping track of who has the ritual scrolls and the other treasure from the warlord's study.
Note: I only just now noticed that I handed out 3,000 gp in that post when it should have been 3,400 gold. Whoever pocketed it should take note!

Edit: as you're officially L12 now, I'm going to need those wishlists from whomever hasn't submitted theirs via PM yet. (Those who have but would like to make any changes to it can just submit it again.) Remember, up to five items of up to level 16. Post them in here if you can't send PMs so they don't get lost quite as quickly, please.

Edit 2: for anyone considering a familiar, Dragon 374 contains a considerable collection of new familiars, including a few paragon- and epic-tier familiars, as well as a paragon path and a few new feats for them.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 4, 2009

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Edited my sheet in the game thread, but here's the gist of it:

mounted combat (lol) replaced for Lend Might (martial power)
heal training replaced for althletics
paragon feat: Phalanx Warrior (martial power)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
That works. If it ever comes up, I might houserule that characters benefit from their mounts' abilities even without the Mounted Combat feat, just because it comes up way too rarely to justify the expense in my mind. (Just to make sure, though, you're aware that anyone else using a shield won't benefit from Phalanx Warrior?)

The Transhumanist
Jan 2, 2008

Feat wise, I totally spaced out on my bonus human feat when counting up. Pact Initiate works just fine there.

Stat wise, I started out with the 17-15-12-11-10-8 pick. Added 2 to my Charisma for being human. Fourth and eighth levels I added +1 each to Dex and Charisma. Level 11 gets me +1 across the board. For some reason though, the 17-15... start out seems to throw a lot of people off when looking at it, especially the higher you go.

Nevermind, I am stupid. See bold.

Otherwise, I have fixed up the sheet to include the Pact Initiate pick and some other house cleaning.

As for items, interaction between magic weapons and Sorcerer powers are interesting. That said, a cunning dagger +3 (lvl 13) would be nice, assuming I am correctly remembering/assuming that it's property applies when using powers through it. (AV P67) Otherwise, Elemental Twist +3 (Lvl 15, PHB2) for magic weapon goodness. Both would be good too.

Ring of Feather Fall, Exodus Knife, Foe Stone and Skeleton Key would be nice as well. Handy things are handy.

Familiar looks interesting... hmmm. Curse you choices!

Extra Edit: No, I read the chart wrong.

Edit: Decided to drop Wild Spellfury in favor of a Familiar. Go with a Rootling for story purposes. Idea being that the continued absence of her patron and inability to provide her new power as she progresses constitutes a violating of the pact, and so nullifies it. However with the Eclipse having sealed off the world it ends up being a not orderly process, instead the magic twists unpredictably, pulling her own latent power to the fore in the process. Some of the magic remains within her, (Eyebite namely) but much of it is pulled free, unable to return to her patron it creates a form for itself out of some plants and twigs, and 'remembering' Annetta as it was a part of her it takes up residence as her familiar.

The Transhumanist fucked around with this message at 11:09 on May 5, 2009

Nimlach
Jul 22, 2008
I'm still investigating my options, but I think I'm going to keep the glaive; among other things, it'll help keep Alagand's "feel" much the same. Course the fact that avenger fits him like a glove also helps -I didn't even have to rename any of the powers ;)

Alagand 2.0 should be up tomorrow evening.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The Transhumanist: I really like the rootling thing. :) Your defences appear to be a little off though (Fortitude is one point too high, Reflex and Will are one too low each), and History/Arcana should be 12/14 respectively as you have a +1 INT mod, not +2. Also, according to the char builder, hitpoints should be 79. I _think_ that's all.

Nimlach: Sure. And anyway, it's not like switching weapons is a terribly big ordeal should you find it really doesn't work out in the end.

The Transhumanist
Jan 2, 2008

Fixed! Thanks.

Nimlach
Jul 22, 2008
Ok, here's the new sheet. Ghost of Eventide is from Forgotten Realms PG.

pre:
Alagand of Everleaf

Race:		Elf
Class:		Avenger of Tiamat
Paragon Path: 	Ghost of Eventide
Background:	Criminal
Alignment:	Good

+2 STR: 15 = 14+1
+1 CON: 12 = 11+1
+5 DEX: 20 = 15+2+2+1
+0 INT: 11 = 10+1
+5 WIS: 21 = 16+2+2+1
+0 CHA:  9 =  8+1

HP: 92	Healing Surges: 8	Surge Value: 23

Speed: 7			Initiative: +11

AC:		31 = 10 +6 level, +5 armor, +5 Dex, +5 Armor of Faith
Fortitude:	21 = 10 +6 level, +2 Str, +1 class, +2 item
Reflex:		25 = 10 +6 level, +5 Dex, +1 class, +2 item, +1 armor
Will:		24 = 10 +6 level, +5 Wis, +1 class, +2 item

Skills
Acrobatics		+11 = 6 level, +5 Dex
*Arcana			+11 = 6 level, +0 Int, +5 trained
*Athletics		+13 = 6 level, +2 Str, +5 trained
Bluff			+5  = 6 level, -1 Cha
Diplomacy		+5  = 6 level, -1 Cha
Dungeoneering		+11 = 6 level, +5 Wis
Endurance		+7  = 6 level, +1 Con
Heal			+11 = 6 level, +5 Wis
History			+5  = 6 level, +0 Int
Insight			+11 = 6 level, +5 Wis
Intimidate		+5  = 6 level, -1 Cha
Nature			+13 = 6 level, +5 Wis, +2 race
*Perception		+18 = 6 level, +5 Wis, +5 trained, +2 race
*Religion		+11 = 6 level, +0 Int, +5 trained
*Stealth		+20 = 6 level, +5 Dex, +5 trained, +2 background, +2 item
Streetwise		+5  = 6 level, -1 Cha
*Thievery		+16 = 6 level, +5 Dex, +5 trained

Feats
Armor Proficiency (leather)
Sneak of Shadows
Ritual Caster
Training (Arcana)
Improved Armor of Faith
Uncanny Dodge
Polearm Gamble
Heavy Blade Opportunity

Rituals
Gentle Repose
Silence
Eye of Alarm
Raise Dead
Remove Affliction

At-Will Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Radiant Vengeance 

Encounter Powers
Elven Accuracy (racial)
Sneak Attack +3d6 (multiclass)
Channel Divinity
Avenging Echo
Distracting Flare (utility)
Sequestering Strike
Inexorable Pursuit
Shadow Hand Attack

Daily Powers
Aspect of Might
Executioner’s Cloak
Wrath of the Divine (utility)
Temple of Shadow
River of Life (utility)
Twilight Escape (utility)

Equipment
+3 Repulsion Drowmesh armor
+3 Glaive of Terror
+2 Symbol of Victory
+2 Elven Cloak
+1 Flameburst Dagger
Backpack  
-Bedroll
-Flint and steel
-Rations, trail (10 days) 
-Rope, silk (50 ft.) 
-Sunrods (2)
-Waterskin
-Focus for Eye of Alarm (100gp)
-Arcane material components (100gp)
Pouch, belt
-Thieves’ Tools
-36 gp

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Going a little cross-eyed at that AC 31 here, not gonna lie.

I mean, jesus. D:

Nimlach
Jul 22, 2008
yeah, it was a satisfying moment when I realized that Alagand's AC had gone up by 6.

Also, I forgot to point out the significant non-class changes:

Armor prof (scale) -> armor prof (leather)
skill training (stealth) -> skill training (arcana)
weapon prof (glaive) -> ritual caster

+3 dwarven scale -> +3 repulsion leather

all other feats and equipment stay the same.

The Transhumanist
Jan 2, 2008

Heh. That's Avengers for you. Armor of Faith is really nice.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

About the shield thing, isn't Taldrel the only one wielding a shield?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Nope, Landra and Petra use shields too. (Aschlafly hasn't gotten around to doing any retraining yet, but I strongly doubt he's going to switch to a two-handed weapon.)

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Hey guys,

Sorry for the hiatus. All the !)((#()!#goofy poo poo$)*#)($@)( in my life is going away so I am gonna get my poo poo together and post again today.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
No worries. :)

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 18, 2010

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Just curious about equipment - I was gonna have Petra move to more of a main-tank role, so I was switching his armor specialization to plate and was also hoping to maybe get a magic holy symbol. No worries, though. :)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Feel free to change your scale mail into plate armour, then (and get a heavy shield if you want). I'm a little more reluctant to fiat a holy symbol into existence, but the party's finances ought to allow for Petra to at least procure a nice +2 symbol, I think, which should tide you over for now.

You might also want to edit and resend your wishlist PM. (And don't forget about DOHA. :Þ)

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

You said we could take the background skills from PHB2 right? I'm going to take +2 streetwise from Taldrel's urban background.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
pre:
Badger
Level 12 Female Guardian Druid Blightbeast
Alignment: Unaligned	
Worships: Melora

Appearance and Behavior:
Height: 5'5"   Weight: 110lbs	  Age: 64
Eyes: Green  Hair: Black
Skin: Pale

Languages Known: Common, Elven

Primary Abilities: 22 Point buy
Elf Grants +2 DEX and WIS, 
Level Up: Con, Con, Wis, Wis 

STR	10 (+0)		INT 	11 (+0)
CON	19 (+4) 	WIS 	21 (+5)
DEX	16 (+3)		CHA 	11 (+0)

Secondary Abilities:
Size: Medium	Speed: 7 Vision: Low-Light

Hit Points: 86	Healing Surges/Day:  11	
Bloodied:   43	Healing Surge Value: 21

Initiative: +17	Base Action Points: 	1

Defenses:
AC:	26	(10 + 4 CON + 3 Armor + 6 Level + 3 Enhancement)
Fort: 	24 	(10 + 4 CON + 6 Level + 3 Enhancement +1 Item) 
Reflex:	23 	(10 + 3 DEX + 6 Level + 1 Class + 3 Enhancement)
Will: 	15 	(10 + 5 WIS + 6 Level + 1 Class + 3 Enhancement)

Class Features: Druid
Bonus to Defense: +1 Reflex, +1 Will. 

BALANCE OF NATURE
	Some druids favor being in beast form, while others prefer being in humanoid
	form.  However, just as druids seek balance in the world between divine and
	primordial forces, druids pursue balance within their own minds and bodies.
	You begin with three at-will attack powers. Throughout your career, at least
	one of those powers, and no more than two, must have the beast form keyword.
	By this means, you have access to useful attacks in either beast form or
	humanoid form.

PRIMAL ASPECT
	Druidic lore speaks of the Primal Beast, the first spirit of the world’s
	noble predators. A formless thing of shadows, fur, feathers, and claws, 	
        this creature appears in many druids’ visions, and they speak of channeling
	the Primal Beast when using their wild shape and beast form powers. As a
	druid, you choose which aspect of the Primal Beast you most strongly manifest
	with your powers.

Primal Guardian
	While you are not wearing heavy armor, you can use your Constitution modifier
	in place of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC. 

RITUAL CASTING
	You gain the Ritual Caster feat as a bonus feat, allowing you to use magical
	rituals. 

WILD SHAPE
	As a druid, you have the ability to channel the primal energy of beasts into
	your physical form and transform into a beast. You have an at-will power,
	wild shape, that allows you to assume the form of a beast, and many druid
	powers have the beast form keyword and therefore can be used only while you
	are in beast form.
	The wild shape power lets you assume a form of your size that resembles a
	natural or a fey beast, usually a four-legged mammalian predator such as a
	bear, a boar, a panther, a wolf, or a wolverine. Your beast form might also 	
        be an indistinct shape of shadowy fur and claws, an incarnation of the Primal
	Beast of which all earthly beasts are fractured images. You choose a specific
	form whenever you use wild shape, and that form has no effect on your game
	statistics.
	Your choice of Primal Aspect might suggest a specific form you prefer to
	assume, and certain beast form powers specify changes to your form when you
	use them. You might also resemble a more exotic beast when you're in beast
	form: a reptile such as a rage drake or a crocodile, or a fantastic beast
	such as an owlbear or a bulette. 

BLIGHTBEAST PATH FEATURES

Blight Action (11th level): Whenever you spend an action point to make an
	attack, all enemies adjacent to you must move 1 square away from you or take
	ongoing necrotic damage equal to your Constitution modifier (save ends).
Blighted Wild Shape (11th level): Whenever you use your wild shape class
	feature, the animal form you assume has a deathlike aspect—perhaps even
	appearing undead. While in your beast form, you gain resist 5 necrotic, and
	your attack evocations that have the beast form keyword deal extra necrotic
	damage equal to your Constitution modifier. At 21st level, you gain resist 10
	necrotic while in your beast form. 

Racial Traits: Elf
Skill Bonuses: +2 Nature, +2 Perception.
Elven Accuracy: You can use elven accuracy as an encounter power.
Elven Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the longbow and the
	shortbow.
Fey Origin: Your ancestors were native to the Feywild, so you are considered
	a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1
	racial bonus to Perception checks.
Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a
	power that allows you to shift multiple squares). 

Notable Skills:
Arcana: 	+11 (+5 Trained, +0 INT, +6 Level)
Heal:		+16 (+5 Trained, +5 WIS, +6 Level)
Insight:	+16 (+5 Trained, +5 WIS, +6 Level)
Nature:	        +18 (+5 Trained, +5 WIS, +6 Level, +2 Race)
Perception:	+18 (+5 Trained, +5 WIS, +6 Level, +2 Race)
Religion:	+16 (+5 Trained, +5 WIS, +6 Level)

Feats:
Elven Precision
	Heroic Tier
	Prerequisite: Elf, elven accuracy racial power
	Benefit: When you use the elven accuracy power, you gain a +2 bonus to the
	new attack roll.

Initiate of the Faith [Multiclass Cleric]
	Prerequisite: Wis 13
	Benefit: You gain training in the Religion skill.
	Once per day, you can use the cleric’s healing word power.
	In addition, you can use a holy symbol as an implement when using a
	cleric power or a cleric paragon path power.

Expert Ritualist
	Heroic Tier
	Prerequisite: Ritual Caster feat
	Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to skill checks that you make while performing a
	ritual.

Implement expertise
	Benefit: +1 to hit with totems, +2 at 15, +3 at 25

Skill Training: Heal
	Benefit: You gain training in one skill. The skill
	need not be on your class skill list.
	Special: You can take this feat more than once.
	Each time you select this feat, choose a skill in which
	you are not trained.

Improved Initiative
	Heroic Tier
	Benefit: You get a +4 feat bonus to initiative checks.

Uncanny Dodge
	Paragon Tier
	Prerequisite: 11th level, Wis 15
	Benefit: Enemies do not gain the normal +2 bonus to attack rolls against you
	when they have combat advantage. Any other benefits derived from combat
	advantage still apply.

Danger Sense
	Paragon Tier
	Prerequisite: 11th level
	Benefit: When you make an initiative check, roll twice and take the higher of
	the two rolls.

Attacks:

Savage Rend: +15 vs Ref 1d8+8 damage

Powers
At-Will Spells:
	Wild Shape
	You assume an aspect of the Primal Beast or return to your humanoid form.
	At-Will Polymorph, Primal
	Minor Action Personal 
	Effect: You change from your humanoid form to beast form or vice versa. When
	you change from beast form back to your humanoid form, you can shift 1
	square.
	While you are in beast form, you can't use attack, utility, or feat powers
	that lack the beast form keyword, although you can sustain such powers.
	You choose a specific form whenever you use wild shape to change into beast
	form. The beast form is your size, resembles a natural beast or a fey beast,
	and normally doesn't change your game statistics. Your equipment becomes part
	of your beast form, but you drop anything you are holding, except implements
	you can use. You continue to gain the benefits of the equipment you wear. You
	can use the properties and the powers of implements as well as magic items
	that you wear, but not the properties or the powers of weapons or the powers
	of wondrous items. While equipment is part of your beast form, it cannot be
	removed, and anything in a container that is part of your beast form is
	inaccessible.
	Special: You can use this power once per round.

Savage Rend
	You rake your foe with your claws, setting it up for the kill.
	At-Will Beast Form, Implement, Primal
	Standard Action Melee touch
	Target: One creature
	Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
	Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage, and you slide the target 1 square.
	Special: This power can be used as a melee basic attack.

Thorn Whip
	Barbed vines whip out from the wood of your staff or totem to lash and
	ensnare your prey.
	At-Will Implement, Primal
	Standard Action Ranged 10
	Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage, and you pull the target 2 squares.

Pounce
	You leap at your foe, catching it off guard.
	At-Will Beast Form, Implement, Primal
	Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage. The target grants combat advantage to the
	next creature that attacks it before the end of your next turn.
	Special: When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic
	attack.

Encounter Spells:

Elven Accuracy
	With an instant of focus, you take careful aim at your foe and strike with
	the legendary accuracy of the elves.
	Encounter
	Free Action Personal 
	Effect: Reroll an attack roll. Use the second roll, even if it’s lower.

Cull the Herd
	Your feral glare rends your foe's mind with a sense of doom and drags that
	foe toward your claws.
	Encounter Beast Form, Charm, Implement, Primal, Psychic
	Standard Action Ranged 5
	Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
	Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier psychic damage, and you pull the target 3 squares.

Barkskin
	Encounter Primal
	Minor Action Ranged 5
	Target: You or one ally
	Effect: Until the end of your next turn, target gains your CON as a power
	bonus to AC.

Tundra Wind
	A roaring wind batters your foes, encrusting them with ice and knocking them
	to the ground.
	Encounter  Cold, Implement, Primal
	Standard Action Close blast 3
	Target: Each creature in blast
	Attack: Wisdom vs. Fortitude
	Hit: 2d6 + Wisdom modifier cold damage, and you knock the target prone.
	Primal Guardian: You also push the target a number of squares equal to your
	Constitution modifier.

Camouflage Cloak
	Your target takes on the appearance of the surrounding terrain, fading from
	view.
	Encounter  Primal
	Minor Action Ranged 5
	Effect: The target becomes invisible until he or she moves or until the end
	of your next turn.

Tremor
	The ground shakes under your enemies’ feet.
	Encounter Implement, Primal
	Standard Action Ranged 10
	Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage, and you knock the target and each enemy
	adjacent to it prone.

Roots of Rescue
	Roots erupt from the ground and hold your ally in place.
	Encounter  Primal
	Immediate Interrupt Ranged 10
	Trigger: You or an ally within 10 squares of you is pulled, pushed, or slid
	Target: The character affected by the forced movement
	Effect: The target is unaffected by the forced movement.

Blighted Agony
	Rot spreads its black tendrils from the wound you delivered, doubling your
	adversary over with pain.
	Encounter  Beast Form, Implement, Necrotic, Primal
	Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier necrotic damage, you slide the target 1 square,
	and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Maggot Form
	You become a mass of maggots, spilling across the ground to reconstitute your
	form in a place nearby.
	Encounter  Beast Form, Primal
	Move Action Personal 
	Effect: Move a number of squares equal to your speed + your Constitution
	modifier. With this movement, you can move through enemy spaces, you ignore
	difficult terrain, and without squeezing, you can move through spaces a
	single maggot could move through. You take half damage from any melee attack
	that hits you during this movement.

Daily Spells:
	Healing Word
	You whisper a brief prayer as divine light washes over your target, helping
	to mend its wounds.
	Encounter (Special) Divine, Healing
	Minor Action Close burst 5 (10 at 11th level, 15 at 21st level)
	Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round.
	At 16th level, you can use this power three times per encounter.
	Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit
	points.
	Increase the amount of additional hit points regained to 2d6 at 6th level,
	3d6 at 11th level, 4d6 at 16th level, 5d6 at 21st level, and 6d6 at 26th
	level.

Savage Frenzy
	In a blur of claw and fang, you strike out at nearby enemies.
	Daily Beast Form, Implement, Primal
	Standard Action Close burst 1
	Target: Each enemy in burst you can see
	Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier damage, and the target is dazed and slowed (save
	 ends both).
	Miss: Half damage, and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.

Wall of Thorns
	A thicket of briars confounds and traps your enemies.
	Daily  Conjuration, Implement, Primal
	Standard Action Area wall 8 within 10 squares
	Effect: You conjure a wall of thorny, writhing vines. The wall can be up to 4
	squares high and must be on a solid surface, and it lasts until the end of
	your next turn. The wall provides cover. A creature’s line of sight through a
	wall square is blocked unless the creature is adjacent to that square.
	Entering a wall square costs 3 extra squares of movement. If a creature
	enters the wall’s space or starts its turn there, that creature takes 1d10 +
	your Wisdom modifier damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
	Sustain Minor: The wall persists

Feral Mauling
	Your savage assault leaves your enemy too weak to make effective attacks.
	Daily Beast Form, Implement, Primal
	Hit: 2d10 + Wisdom modifier damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to
	attack rolls (save ends).
	Miss: Half damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until
	the end of your next turn.

Proficiencies:
Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather, hide.
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, simple ranged.
Implement: Staff, Totem 

Equipment: 

Autumn Harvest Totem
	This totem is fashioned from leaves and bone shards. It embodies the spirit
	of autumn and the inevitability of death.
	Level: 12
	Price: 13000 gp
	Implement (Totem)
	Enhancement: +3 attack rolls and damage rolls
	Critical: +3d6 damage
	Property: Attacks made through this totem deal extra damage against bloodied
	creatures equal to 1 + one-half the totem’s enhancement bonus.
	Property: On a critical hit you deal +3d10 damage against a bloodied
`	creature.

Earthhide Deathburst Armor
	Description: Dwarves use earth energy to fortify earthhide, mimicking the
	strange living-earth skin of creatures such as the galeb duhr and the earth
	titan.
	Blood and shadow color this armor darkest crimson, and it channels the energy
	of death.
	AC Bonus: +3
	Minimum Enhancement Value: +3
	Check: -1
	Weight: 25 lb.Cost: Special
	Special: +1 Fortitude
	Type: Hide
	Level: 12
	Price: 13000 gp
	Enhancement: +3 AC
	Property: You automatically save against ongoing necrotic damage.
	Power (Daily • Necrotic): Minor action. Until the end of your next turn, any
	creature that hits you with a melee attack takes 2d8 + Constitution modifier
	necrotic damage.

Amulet of Vigor

This silver amulet bears an engraved prayer for health and healing on its back.

Level: 14
Price: 21,000 gp
Item Slot: Neck
Enhancement: +3 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will

Property: Your healing surge value increases by an amount equal to the amulet’s enhancement bonus –1.

Power (Daily * Healing): Free. Trigger: You spend a healing surge to regain hit points. Effect: You regain additional hit points as if you had spent another healing surge. 

Standard adventurer’s kit 15 gp 33 lb.
	Backpack (empty)  2 lb.
	Bedroll 5 lb.
	Flint and steel 
	Pouch, belt (empty)  1/2 lb.
	Rations, trail (10 days)  10 lb.
	Rope, hempen (50 ft.)  10 lb.
	Sunrods (2)  2 lb.
	Waterskin  4 lb.

Ritual Components: 1559

Rituals
Animal Messenger, Purify Water, Shadow Walk, Share Husk, Raise Dead, Remove
Affliction, Brew Potion, Create Campsite, Gentle Repose, Bloom, Corpse Light,
Endure Elements, Last Sight Vision, Preservation, Tree Shape, Water Walk, Undead
Ward, Beast Growth, Dark Light, Enchant Magic Item, Transfer Enchantment,
Travelers' Feast, Animal Friendship, Speak With Nature, Call Wilderness Guide, Cure
Disease

Background

There are... were, many druids in the depths of the Everleaf. Some were good, some were evil, some were as impartial as Nature herself, but even before the Eclipse, there were none like Badger. She had felt the call very early, becoming one of the youngest druids ever to watch over her tribe, but even in those first years of practice, her mentors and guides could tell there was something different about her.

Badger was a natural healer and protector, curing the sick and injured came easily to her, her devotion to nature was so great that even Melora granted her the power of divine healing. Even this, though, wasn't truly unique. What really set the young Badger apart was her affinity for death. Her goal wasn't to heal everyone, it was simply to help people live to meet their appointed death. Many of the creatures under her care who were too sick to survive on their own were quickly and gently ushered into death. There was no malice or bloodlust involved, only the inevitable turning of the cycle of life and death. Soon, in addition to her duties protecting the tribal lands, Badger was being called on to help ease the suffering of those elves resting on their deathbeds.

As the years went on, Badger became more and more focused on death and the dying, traveling from village to village to administer to the dying or fighting against outbreaks of the undead. All was fine until Badger was tasked with seeking out and destroying a strange blight deep in the forest. Creatures were coming forth that were not just undead, but diseased. Already a number of small outposts in the deep woods had been destroyed, their inhabitants having been transformed into shambling, mindless, horrifically powerful undead.

With a contingent of friends, Badger set off, ready to solve this mystery. They fought their way deeper and deeper into the Everleaf, into areas that even the elves left alone until, at last, they came upon a cave surrounded by dead trees and brackish, muck chocked streams. Something had corrupted this land and everything that had called it home. Badger was not prepared for what she found inside the cave and neither were the others.

She was the only one to return from that quest. The bodies of her companions were never recovered although Badger claims that she buried them in the traditions of the tribes. She has also never spoken of what occurred in the cave except to say that they killed the monster that lurked there. Later expeditions to the cave found it empty, the land around it still dead, but with signs of life doing it's best to reclaim it. What is certain, is that after her return, whenever she transformed into her animal form, it was no longer the sleekly furred dire badger she normally assumed. She now transformed into the skeleton of some strange beast with claws and fangs. Her bones are so white that they seem to glow even, especially, under moonlight.

The tribal elders had little time to debate what to do with Badger before the Eclipse occurred. What the did decide, after many of them began to lose their powers, was that if someone had to go outside the Everleaf to investigate, why shouldn't it be Badger?

Since then, Badger has been following rumor after rumor, looking for anyone who might know what happened.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 19, 2009

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Posting largely to go :argh: at Aschlafly.

:argh: Aschlafly.

Also I still need (potentially updated) wishlists from Aschlafly, Clanpot Shake, Nimlach and Stormtrooper, per PM please (or in this thread if you don't have plat); up to 5 items of up to level 16. If you've submitted one before and it wasn't via PM, please just repost it in here, even if it remains the same despite recent character changes.

Edit: speaking of which, players who wish to opt out for any reason, be it limited RL time or any other, ought to do so now, while there's still some downtime going on and it's more easily explained away. There's no need to struggle to participate in a game you can't or don't want to commit yourself to, and I would absolutely not hold such a decision against anyone!

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 14, 2009

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I think I sent you a list in IRC a while back, but I don't remember what was on it. Here's a new list:

Casque of Tactics +2 - 14
Evil Eye Fetish +3 - 15
Premonition Ring - 15
War Ring - 16

All from AV.

Nimlach
Jul 22, 2008
Hey guys, I'm back, but since I have one more pretty busy week coming up, I'm fine sitting out the rest of this fight. After that I'm go for regular posting again.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Drop me a line when you want back in and I'll make it so. :)

Nimlach
Jul 22, 2008
If the fight's still going strong by friday, I'll hop back in; otherwise, right after the fight is fine.

Also, here's my wishlist:

7 : Boots of the Fencing Master (AV 127)
9 : Diamond Bracers (AV 116)
10: Strikebacks (AV 136)
14: +3 Bloodcut Drowmesh armor (PHB 227)
16: Chameleon Ring (AV 156)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Last call for anyone wanting to make changes to powers, feats etc. with regards to the new Divine Power content. This mainly concerns Nimlach/Alagand, but I know that at least one other character has multiclassed into a divine class, so there may be some retraining potential there as well – there are new divine multiclassing feats in general, anyway, so this really goes for anyone, I suppose. Post any changes you'd like to make here and we'll talk!

Nimlach
Jul 22, 2008
Thanks for the offer :)

I'll swap out Arcana Training for Closing Pledge.

After a fierce internal struggle, I guess that I will also make the predictable choice to swap out Distracting Flare for Silver Shadow. I like that Distracting Flare gives opportunities to become hidden, but I am forced to admit that Silver Shadow is the poo poo.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Sure thing.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Is it a common sentiment that this last fight may have been a bit on the long side? I'd like to hear opinions, if only to get an idea of what folks' expectations in this regard are. Purely in terms of monster hitpoints/quantity I don't think it was particularly outrageous by paragon tier standards, although that is of course but one factor among many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Transhumanist
Jan 2, 2008

I had no particular problem with it, but then again I also did obscene damage with an at-will. I think the mop up phase took a little bit longer than necessary, but not draggingly so.