Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
Roses are red, violets are blue, omgwtf, I love you.

Clanpot Shake posted:

breaking the poo poo out of my tables.

Ugh, how did I miss that? :negative:

The thread is closed so I can't fix it now. My apologies for browser related offenses. Character blocks are a minefield for table breakage. I'm usually mindful of that, but apparently wasn't paying attention when I edited last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Two things: the History check needs to be made against a specific Spear (because it applies only to a single attack), and the priestess has cover against ranged attacks while she's behind the altar, so that'd be a -2 to Annetta's attack. I'm done using the word 'attack' now!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Whoops, sorry, I meant to charge at Landra's target. I am a doof and will be moving over there next round.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Taldrel doesn't have enough movement to reach O9 (due to difficult terrain); he's one square short.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I have a more indepth post in the MIA thread, but I'm dropping out. Sorry guys.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Sorry to see you go, Soon. Hopefully the fire comes back at some point, but I know how burnout feels.

MMAgCh: Are we going to pull your third choice from the last re-recruit thread, then? As much fun as making picks was before...

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Dallan Invictus posted:

MMAgCh: Are we going to pull your third choice from the last re-recruit thread, then? As much fun as making picks was before...
Maybe. I don't know. I'm still recovering from this recent triple-whammy.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Any comments on the monsters' new and deadlier damage output yet? Too much? (Also, speaking of damage output, there were a LOT of crits this fight, both by you guys and the monsters – ten of them altogether, five on each side!)

Finally, a new houserule: everyone gains the Paragon Defences feat as a bonus feat. Those who've already taken it (or something that doesn't stack with it, such as Iron Will) may replace it with another feat.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I don't really feel that that fight was the hardest we've had, but the terrain posed some interesting scenarios and frustration (move 2 squares, yay). I also liked actually getting the Back to the Wall bonus. Thought it would be a good pick after the wraith fight but I think this is the first time it's been used. Overall I think it was a good encounter, even if it was ended a little pre-maturely by Taldrel TKOing the priestess.

fake edit; Taldrel: :dealwithit:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I'm on record as enjoying the challenges these fights can turn into, and I definitely don't mind the damage guidelines - even though those monsters pack a hell of a punch now. A lot of crits, though, so a fight with less crack for foxxbot may look a little different!

Also, taking the hint and retraining Iron Will to Two-Blade Warrior. Edited sheet has already been uploaded.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'm really sorry about the delay; an update should be coming early next week.

In the meantime, those of you playing human characters (current and future!) should decide whether to keep the bonus at-will or take the Heroic Effort racial power presented in Essentials. (I don't suppose you will want to swap Landra's DEX bonus for CHA, Dallan, but the option also is there. Likewise, being that Iron Will etc. now scale with tier, you're also free to reconsider losing it.)

Still need to hear from The Transhumanist as to what Annetta's replacement feat for Paragon Defences shall be, too.

Mr. Bing
Oct 25, 2004

...Is it still there?
Hooray! :toot:

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

I'm not actually playing the guy I submitted, due to some lengthy negotiation between myself and the GM (and a number of grisly threats...I was really surprised at him). So, here is the background and sheet for your new party member, although I'll repost the sheet in my first post.

Borok the Stormspeaker

The comprehension of the gwalok, or 'outsiders,' the non-Dwarf races, generally does not encompass the life and culture of Moradin's Children. The dvergr are seen as being tunnel-dwellers, miners, inhabitants of the subterranean, rarely encountered on the plains or in the forests of the other races.

While this is true, as far as it goes, the Iron Folk are at home atop the crowns of the mountains as they are below the roots. The craggy heights are a place of pleasure and of industry for the Dwarves and, although many Dwarves prefer to live below ground, there are entire small villages on the through the valleys and passes of any Dwarven range.

It should be no surprise then, that Kardr, the Stormlord whose iron whim rules those wind and storm-battered peaks, is venerated and feared by many dvergr. While Moradin and Clanggedin have their priests and holy warriors, Kord, as he is known in the lowlands, has only his Stormspeakers, strange and respected Dwarves who venture atop the highest peaks in the wildest storms and listen for the voice of God in the thunder and read his prophecies written across the sky in runes of brilliant lightning.

Then, three months ago, Kord stopped speaking.

The storms still came, of course, but the Stormspeakers who scaled the peaks heard only the mute noise of the thunder, saw only the unintelligible scribbles of bright lightning. Specially prepared slabs of basalt, left out for Kardr's thunderbolts to cleave and reveal the secrets of the Gods in the fissured stone, record only shattered rock, bereft of meaning.

The dvergr are not a people given to hasty or unconsidered action. The stormspeakers consulted amongst themselves, then with the acolytes of the other Lords of the Mountain, discovering that Kord was not alone in his silence.

And so it came to pass that the Dwarves of the Untinmari send out their emissary, the eldest and wisest of the Stormspeakers, Borok, to discover the truth of their errant Gods and retrieve them, rebuke them, or avenge them, as needs must.

--

Appearance/Traits: Borok is a Dwarf ancient beyond belief, approaching his 300th year. His age, while not leaving him the physical exemplar he was in his prime, has pared him down to the very essential of Dwarf, a being driven by bone, sinew, and pure will. His white hair and beard foam and cascade, nearly reaching to the ground both before and behind and his eyes betray a fathomless, immeasurable wisdom.

When he speaks, the echoes of Kord's thunder can be heard to rumble behind his words and when he is angry, the smell of ozone and the oppressive sense of an impending tempest permeates his presence.

He is as unfamiliar with the lowlanders and their ways as they are ignorant of him and his deeds of valor and sacrifice in the mountains of his home. He is gruff and acerbic in tone, and he finds himself often bewildered by the strange ways of the people here, but his wisdom and his essentially mellow temperament have seen him through the trying times he has experienced since leaving the mountains on his journey.

pre:
Borok Stormspeaker
Dwarf Invoker (Wrathful Invoker) / Hammer of Vengeance (PH2)
Level 12, 
XP: 32000
Languages: Common, Dwarven, Deep Speech

Str   9 ( -1) +8(Starting)+1(Level 11)
Con  19 ( +4) +15(Starting)+2(Dwarf)+2(Levels 4, 11)
Dex  11 ( +0) +10(Starting)+1(Level 11)
Int  16 ( +3) +14(Starting)+2(Levels 8, 11)
Wis  21 ( +5) +16(Starting)+2(Dwarf)+3(Levels 4, 8, 11)
Cha  12 ( +1) +11(Starting)+1(Level 11)

Hit Points
	Max HP:      73 +19(Con)+10(Invoker 1)+44(Invoker 12)
	Bloodied:    36 +36(1/2 HP)
	Surge:       18 +18(1/4 HP)
	Surges/Day:  10 +6(Invoker)+4(Con mod)

Defenses and Senses
	AC:   27 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+8(Braidmail Armor)+3(Summoned Armor +3)
	Fort: 25 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+1(Fortitude Defense Class Bonus)+1(Paragon Defenses)+3(Amulet of Elegy +3)+4(Con mod)
	Ref:  24 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+1(Reflex Defense Class Bonus)+1(Paragon Defenses)+3(Amulet of Elegy +3)+3(Int mod)
	Will: 26 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+1(Will Defense Class Bonus)+1(Paragon Defenses)+3(Amulet of Elegy +3)+5(Wis mod)

Passive Perception:  21 +11(Perception)+10(Constant)
	Passive Insight:     21 +11(Insight)+10(Constant)

Initiative:  7 +6(1/2 Level)+1(Initiative Misc)+0(Dex mod)
	Speed:       5 +5(Dwarf)+0(Encumbered Speed)-1(Braidmail Armor)
	Vision:     Low-light

Conditional Defenses:
		AC +3 without armor: heavy - Intelligence modifier

Race and Class Features
	Dwarven Weapon Proficiency [Dwarf]
	     Proficient with hammers.
	Cast-Iron Stomach [Dwarf]
	     +5 bonus to saving throws against poison.
	Encumbered Speed [Dwarf]
	     Armor or heavy load doesn't reduce your speed. (Other effects still can.)
	Dwarven Resilience [Dwarf]
	     Second wind is minor action.
	Stand Your Ground [Dwarf]
	     Can move 1 less when forced to move. Immediate saving throw to avoid being knocked prone.
	Dungeoneering Bonus [Dwarf]

Endurance Bonus [Dwarf]

Channel Divinity [Invoker]
	     Invoke a channel divinity class feature or other power; encounter.
	Divine Covenant [Invoker]
	     Choose a Divine Covenant option
	Covenant of Wrath [Invoker]
	     When you use a divine encounter or daily attack power on your turn, add +1 to the damage roll for each enemy you attack.
	Ritual Casting [Invoker]
	     Gain Ritual Caster as a bonus feat.
	Lingering Rebuke [Hammer of Vengeance (PH2)]
	     When you take an action point action, enemies within 5 that hit or miss take 1d6 + Con mod thunder damage.
	Enduring Castigation [Hammer of Vengeance (PH2)]
	     Enemies within 5 take –2 to saving throws while you aren't bloodied.

Feats
	Ritual Caster
	     Master and perform rituals
	Oncoming Storm
	     Hit with lightning power to gain +1 on thunder attacks
	Power of the Storm
	     +2 to Intimidate.
	Echoes of Thunder
	     +1 damage after you hit with thunder power
	Superior Implement Training (Accurate staff)
	     Can use Accurate staffs
	Resonating Covenant
	     +1 attack with at-will after using encounter or daily power
	Deep Sage
	     +5 to Dungeoneering knowledge and aberrant creature monster knowledge checks, and gain fluency in Deep Speech
	Resounding Thunder
	     Add 1 to size of blast or burst with thunder keyword
	Paragon Defenses
	     +1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will
	Versatile Expertise
	     Bonus to attacks with weapons and implements of your choice
	Staff of Channeled Invocations
	     Use staff to make ranged attacks as melee attacks

Powers
	At-Will
	Divine Bolts  [Standard Action]
	     Accurate staff of the War Mage +3 - Attack: 16 vs. Reflex,  Damage: 1d6+8 (Lightning)  
	     Unarmed - Attack: 11 vs. Reflex,  Damage: 1d6+5 (Lightning)  
	Vanguard's Lightning  [Standard Action]
	     Accurate staff of the War Mage +3 - Attack: 16 vs. Reflex,  Damage: 1d6+8 (Lightning)  
	     Unarmed - Attack: 11 vs. Reflex,  Damage: 1d6+5 (Lightning)  

Encounter
	Armor of Wrath  [Immediate Reaction]
	Lightning's Revelation  [Standard Action]
	     Accurate staff of the War Mage +3 - Attack: 16 vs. Reflex,  Damage: 2d6+8 (Lightning)  
	     Unarmed - Attack: 11 vs. Reflex,  Damage: 2d6+5 (Lightning)  
	Arcane Mutterings  [Free Action]
	Chains of Carceri  [Standard Action]
	     Accurate staff of the War Mage +3 - Attack: 16 vs. Reflex,  Damage: 2d8+8
	     Unarmed - Attack: 11 vs. Reflex,  Damage: 2d8+5
	Blade of Vengeance Attack  [Immediate Interrupt]
	     Accurate staff of the War Mage +3 - Attack: 16 vs. Reflex,  Damage: 1d8+8
	     Unarmed - Attack: 11 vs. Reflex,  Damage: 1d8+5
	Demand Justice  [Immediate Interrupt]
	Rain of Blood  [Standard Action]
	     Accurate staff of the War Mage +3 - Attack: 16 vs. Fortitude,  Damage: 1d6+8
	     Unarmed - Attack: 11 vs. Fortitude,  Damage: 1d6+5
	Assurance of Prophecy  [Immediate Reaction]
	Mark of Castigation  [Standard Action]
	     Accurate staff of the War Mage +3 - Attack: 16 vs. Will,  Damage: 1d10+8 (Thunder)  
	     Unarmed - Attack: 11 vs. Will,  Damage: 1d10+5 (Thunder)  
	Thundering Summons  [Move Action]
	Second Wind  [Minor Action]
	Action Point  [Free Action]
	Rebuke Undead  [Standard Action]
	     Accurate staff of the War Mage +3 - Attack: 16 vs. Will,  Damage: 3d10+8
	     Unarmed - Attack: 11 vs. Will,  Damage: 3d10+5

Daily
	Silent Malediction  [Standard Action]
	     Accurate staff of the War Mage +3 - Attack: 16 vs. Fortitude,  Damage: 2d6+8 (Thunder)  
	     Unarmed - Attack: 11 vs. Fortitude,  Damage: 2d6+5 (Thunder)  
	Blade of Vengeance  [Standard Action]
	Fourfold Invocation of Doom  [Standard Action]
	     Accurate staff of the War Mage +3 - Attack: 16 vs. Will,  Damage: 
	     Unarmed - Attack: 11 vs. Will,  Damage: 

Skills
	Acrobatics:     5 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Acrobatics Misc)-1(Armor Penalty)+0(Dex mod)
	Arcana:        14 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+0(Arcana Misc)+3(Int mod)
	Athletics:      4 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Athletics Misc)-1(Armor Penalty)-1(Str mod)
	Bluff:          7 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Bluff Misc)+1(Cha mod)
	Diplomacy:      7 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Diplomacy Misc)+1(Cha mod)
	Dungeoneering: 18 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+2(Dungeoneering Misc)+5(Wis mod)
	Endurance:     11 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Endurance Misc)-1(Armor Penalty)+4(Con mod)
	Heal:          11 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Heal Misc)+5(Wis mod)
	History:       14 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+0(History Misc)+3(Int mod)
	Insight:       11 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Insight Misc)+5(Wis mod)
	Intimidate:     9 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Intimidate Misc)+1(Cha mod)
	Nature:        11 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Nature Misc)+5(Wis mod)
	Perception:    11 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Perception Misc)+5(Wis mod)
	Religion:      14 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+0(Religion Misc)+3(Int mod)
	Stealth:        5 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Stealth Misc)-1(Armor Penalty)+0(Dex mod)
	Streetwise:     7 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Streetwise Misc)+1(Cha mod)
	Thievery:       5 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Thievery Misc)-1(Armor Penalty)+0(Dex mod)

Proficiencies
	Weapons
		Simple Melee [Invoker]
		Simple Ranged [Invoker]
		Implement Proficiency (Rod) [Invoker]
		Implement Proficiency (Staff) [Invoker]
		Throwing hammer [Dwarven Weapon Proficiency]
		Warhammer [Dwarven Weapon Proficiency]

Armor
		Cloth [Invoker]
		Leather [Invoker]
		Hide [Invoker]
		Chainmail [Invoker]

Inventory
	Weapons

Armor
	Braidmail Armor, Summoned Armor +3

Magic Items
	Boots of Furious Speed (heroic tier)
	Casque of Tactics (heroic tier)
	Gauntlets of Blood (heroic tier)
	Amulet of Elegy +3
	Potion of Regeneration (heroic tier)(quantity: 2)
	Avandra's Boon of Escape (level 3)
	Bag of Holding (heroic tier)

Gear
	Residuum (Any)(quantity: 500)
	Everburning Torch
	Adventurer's Kit
	Ritual Book
Other

Coin
	Carried: 
	Stored: 

Rituals
	Speak with Dead
	Portend Weather
	Comprehend Language
	Hand of Fate

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
:woop:

I'm terribly busy at the office today, but I'll redo Lorn's sheet with any recent updates this evening and get him posted.

On the subject of Essentials, Paragon Defenses has been obsoleted by Improved Defenses from Heroes of the Fallen Lands, which is +1 to defenses per tier. Should we substitute that for our bonus Paragon Defenses feat, or does it need to be taken separately?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Adrinidad posted:

On the subject of Essentials, Paragon Defenses has been obsoleted by Improved Defenses from Heroes of the Fallen Lands, which is +1 to defenses per tier. Should we substitute that for our bonus Paragon Defenses feat, or does it need to be taken separately?
I don't have access to any of the Essentials material yet (barring what has been published in that errata PDF I mentioned a few posts up), so leave everything as is for now in this regard. Once I've had a chance to give it a look myself, I'll make the call.

Edit: almost forgot something: I need each of our new players to pick a colour for their token! Available colours include dark/light blue, yellow, violet, grey, and brown.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 16, 2010

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Grey!

Mr. Bing
Oct 25, 2004

...Is it still there?
Dark Blue for Elliott please.

And I have a final final setup for Elliott right here. Flavoring the Greataxe/Longbow combo as a single weapon, since with the Hunter Ranger feature I can practically switch them at will anyway.

------------------

Elliott Lamb

In the Western Woods outside Dorn, was an outlaw band of youths called The Brotherhood. Notorious for their animal masks and being impossible to catch, they grew up from a mischievous band of rapscallions to a downright nasty crew of highwaymen and thugs. At least one of the Brotherhood didn't appreciate that evolution. In the Brotherhood he was known as Manticore; his real name, Elliott Lamb. The day finally came when he broke away - "Ditching," in Brotherhood parlance, a heinous offense. As he made his escape, he encountered the group's leader, called The Shrike. Without a word, The Shrike slashed Elliott's cheek with a knife, and turned and disappeared back into the wood. His freedom had been paid for with this scar. Elliott doubted that would be the extent of the payment due, and constantly worried about when The Brotherhood would come to collect.

Since then, he had crisscrossed his way across the world. His time as a bandit taught him how to get by without notice - only now, he used those skills to improve the lot of others, and leave them none the wiser about his own part of it. His last job, leading a group of refugees halfway across one continent and across the sea to another, was his first in which he had been sought out by name.

He is tall, with a lean athletic build. Disheveled hair and goatee help to mask his features. He favors a loose-fitting, dark green hooded cloak that serves to further mask his face, armor, and the almost comically extensive array of gadgets, whatsits, and tools he has picked up along the way. He carries, and is constantly futzing with, a seemingly hand-made weapon he dubs the Stinger - you can't decide if it's an axe fitted with a bowstring, or a longbow fitted with an axe blade. Either way, he's good with it, and it's his pride and joy. His transient nature has made quick to find and appreciate the joys one finds in day-to-day life. He has a quick wit, though a bit crude, which serves to get him in trouble about as often as it gets him in good graces.

pre:
Elliott Lamb
Human Ranger (Hunter Ranger) / Jack-of-All-Trades
Level 12, , 6'0", 185 lbs.
Languages: Common, Elven

Str  13 ( +1) +12(Starting)+1(Level 11)
Con  13 ( +1) +12(Starting)+1(Level 11)
Dex  23 ( +6) +18(Starting)+2(Human)+3(Levels 4, 8, 11)
Int   9 ( -1) +8(Starting)+1(Level 11)
Wis  15 ( +2) +12(Starting)+3(Levels 4, 8, 11)
Cha  11 ( +0) +10(Starting)+1(Level 11)

Hit Points
	Max HP:      80 +13(Con)+12(Ranger 1)+55(Ranger 12)
	Bloodied:    40 +40(1/2 HP)
	Surge:       20 +20(1/4 HP)
	Surges/Day:   7 +6(Ranger)+1(Con mod)

Defenses and Senses
	AC:   28 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+3(Earthhide Armor)+3(Summoned Armor +3)
	Fort: 23 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+1(Fortitude Defense Class Bonus)+1(Human Defense Bonuses)
                       +1(Paragon Defenses)+2(Cloak of Distortion +2)+1(Earthhide Armor)+1(Str mod)
	Ref:  27 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+1(Reflex Defense Class Bonus)+1(Human Defense Bonuses)
                       +1(Paragon Defenses)+2(Cloak of Distortion +2)+6(Dex mod)
	Will: 22 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+0(Will Defense Class Bonus)+1(Human Defense Bonuses)
                       +1(Paragon Defenses)+2(Cloak of Distortion +2)+2(Wis mod)

Passive Perception:  25 +15(Perception)+10(Constant)
	Passive Insight:     20 +10(Insight)+10(Constant)

Initiative: 14 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Initiative Misc)+6(Dex mod)
	Speed:       6 +6(Human)
	Vision:     Normal

Conditional Defenses:
		All Defenses +2 against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away - Cloak of Distortion +2
		AC +2 against opportunity attacks - Defensive Mobility
		AC +4 against opportunity attacks you provoke by making a ranged attack - Hunter Fighting Style
		AC +6 without armor: heavy - Dexterity modifier

Race and Class Features
	Bonus Feat [Human]
	     Choose an extra feat at 1st level.
	Bonus Skill [Human]
	     Trained in one additional class skill.
	Bonus At-Will Power [Human]
	     Know one extra 1st-level attack power from your class.
	Human Defense Bonuses [Human]
	     +1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.
	Fighting Style [Ranger]
	     Choose Archer Fighting Style, Two-Blade Fighting Style, Beast Mastery, Marauder Fighting Style,  Hunter Fighting Style.
	Hunter Fighting Style [Ranger]

Hunter's Quarry [Ranger]
	     Minor action, designate nearest enemy you see as quarry; deal extra damage to quarry once per round.
	Prime Shot [Ranger]
	     If no allies are closer to target than you, get +1 on ranged attacks against that target.
	Dabbler [Jack-of-All-Trades]

Expert Assault [Jack-of-All-Trades]

Feats
	Weapon Focus (Bow)
	     Gain +1 damage per tier with Bows.
	Practiced Study
	     Learn and use martial practices
	Quick Draw
	     Draw a weapon with attack action, +2 to initiative
	Weapon Expertise (Axe)
	     Gain bonus to attack rolls with axes.
	Weapon Master

Twilight Adept
	     Rogue: training in Stealth, Cunning Sneak 1/encounter
	Manticore's Fury
	     Extra damage when mixing melee and ranged attacks
	Defensive Mobility
	     +2 to AC against opportunity attacks
	Practiced Prodigy
	     Learn two martial practices, add more as you gain levels
	Called Shot
	     +5 damage against Prime Shot targets
	Paragon Defenses
	Prime Punisher
	     Use Prime Shot with melee attacks

Powers
	At-Will
	Warning Shot  [Standard Action]
	     Rebounding Longbow +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d10+13
	     Unarmed - Attack: 12 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d4+6
	Hunter's Quarry  [Minor Action]
	Twin Strike  [Standard Action]
	     Rebounding Longbow +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d10+7
	Fading Strike  [Standard Action]
	     Jagged Greataxe +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d12+11
	Agile Recovery  [Minor Action]

Encounter
	Hunter's Pounce  [Standard Action]
	     Jagged Greataxe +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 2d12+11
	     Unarmed - Attack: 12 vs. AC,  Damage: 2d4+6
	Disruptive Strike  [Immediate Interrupt]
	     Jagged Greataxe +3 - Attack: 13 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d12+6
	     Unarmed - Attack: 7 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d4+1
	Finishing Cut  [Standard Action]
	     Jagged Greataxe +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 2d12+11
	Death Threat  [Free Action]
	Scoundrel's Philosophy  [Standard Action]
	     Jagged Greataxe +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 3d12+11
	     Unarmed - Attack: 12 vs. AC,  Damage: 3d4+6
	Always a Natural  [Free Action]
	Second Wind  [Standard Action]

Daily
	Commanding Confrontation  [Standard Action]
	     Rebounding Longbow +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 3d10+13
	Begin the Hunt  [No Action]
	Hunter's Confrontation  [Standard Action]
	Attacks on the Run  [Standard Action]
	     Jagged Greataxe +3 - Attack: 13 vs. AC,  Damage: 3d12+6
	     Unarmed - Attack: 7 vs. AC,  Damage: 3d4+1

Skills
	Acrobatics:    18 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+2(Acrobatics Misc)-1(Armor Penalty)+6(Dex mod)
	Arcana:         7 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Arcana Misc)-1(Int mod)
	Athletics:     13 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+2(Athletics Misc)-1(Armor Penalty)+1(Str mod)
	Bluff:          8 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Bluff Misc)+0(Cha mod)
	Diplomacy:      8 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Diplomacy Misc)+0(Cha mod)
	Dungeoneering: 15 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+2(Dungeoneering Misc)+2(Wis mod)
	Endurance:     13 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+2(Endurance Misc)-1(Armor Penalty)+1(Con mod)
	Heal:          10 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Heal Misc)+2(Wis mod)
	History:        7 +6(1/2 Level)+2(History Misc)-1(Int mod)
	Insight:       10 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Insight Misc)+2(Wis mod)
	Intimidate:     8 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Intimidate Misc)+0(Cha mod)
	Nature:        15 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+2(Nature Misc)+2(Wis mod)
	Perception:    15 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+2(Perception Misc)+2(Wis mod)
	Religion:       7 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Religion Misc)-1(Int mod)
	Stealth:       20 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+4(Stealth Misc)-1(Armor Penalty)+6(Dex mod)
	Streetwise:     8 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Streetwise Misc)+0(Cha mod)
	Thievery:      13 +6(1/2 Level)+2(Thievery Misc)-1(Armor Penalty)+6(Dex mod)

Proficiencies
	Weapons
		Simple Melee [Ranger]
		Military Melee [Ranger]
		Simple Ranged [Ranger]
		Military Ranged [Ranger]

Armor
		Cloth [Ranger]
		Leather [Ranger]
		Hide [Ranger]

Inventory
	Weapons
	Greataxe, Jagged Weapon +3
	Longbow, Rebounding Weapon +3

Armor
	Earthhide Armor, Summoned Armor +3

Magic Items
	Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier)
	Bracers of Archery (heroic tier)
	Cloak of Distortion +2

Gear
        Quiver of 30 Arrows(quantity: 2)
	Thieves' Tools
	Inquisitive's Kit
	Hunter's Kit
	Climber's Kit
	Disguise Kit
	Camouflaged Clothing
	Adventurer's Kit
Other

Coin
	Carried: 2pp, 11gp
	Stored: 

Rituals
	Travel Sense
	Warded Campsite
	Tracker's Eye
	Temporary Fix

Mr. Bing fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 16, 2010

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
I'll take light blue.

Iplay4e here.

Lorn Ardnen

Click here for the full 640x696 image.

An Adjudicator of the Church of Erathis, Lorn is a Priest, Judge, and an agent of the church. He is tasked with furthering the goals of the Church, often independent of guidance and direction.

Lorn came to the church 19 years ago seeking to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather, a priest himself. After years of study, Lorn was ordained in the church, and shortly after set out to do missionary work among the Dragonborn on the Isle of Masos.

He served there as more of a guard than a true missionary. With considerable height and strength, Lorn helped defend the mission from the faction of native Dragonborn who were less accepting of a human temple on their lands.

Though the temple was attacked often, there were some natives whose hearts and minds were won over by the small settlement. Healing, in particular, was instrumental in earning their trust. Lorn was particularly talented in the art and soon earned a reputation for his skills.

In gratitude for the saving of his granddaughter, one Dragonborn gifted Lorn with an old tome detailing the art of rune magic. Intrigued, Lorn studied the book in his down time, but it wasn’t until he returned to Niemund and received permission to study the archives of the Church, that he truly discovered its secrets.

In time, Lorn unlocked the secrets of the Runes of Creation – runes and symbols many in the church believed to be reflections of the building blocks used by Erathis to build the world itself. Though texts on the subject had been in the churches vaults for years, it was the knowledge from the book Lorn returned from Masos that were the final key to the puzzle. Over the next few years, Lorn began to master the Runes, and in time, was allowed to pass on knowledge of them to carefully selected apprentices.

With the help of his soaring reputation among his peers, and the sponsorship of one of his grandfather’s apprentices, Lorn was promoted to Adjudicator shortly after his 30th birthday. He has spent the last five years travelling throughout Noremien enforcing the will of the church. Far from a good negotiator, when Lorn is assigned to a task, it is usually when the church has exhausted non-violent solutions.

Personality

While normally somewhat dour and staid, especially on church business, among friends Lorn is surprisingly easy going. Friends find him genuinely kind, and a surprisingly good listener and mediator. He is fiercely protective of anyone under his charge, both in combat and out. While he can be prone to proselytize, especially to those who think followers of Erathis are all stuffy law types (they are), Lorn is smart enough not to do so to excess.

Appearance

Lorn is a tall giant of a man, with chiseled features, short cropped brown hair, and piercing grey eyes. He wears a tabard of Erathis over shining plate armor, a large shield with the cog of Erathis on the front, and a wicked looking hammer that would take most men two hands to wield.

Runes cover the surface of his armor and weapon. In some cases, engraved and painstakingly lacquered, in others, magically infused into the metal.

Motivation

Lorn is greatly fearful of the consequences of The Eclipse. All around him he sees subtle signs of civilization beginning to fray. With the departure of the Gods, especially Erathis, he is further on edge. The church is all he has ever known. He has given his life to it. He will give his life to preserve it.

pre:
Lorn Ardnen
Human Runepriest (Runepriest) / Hammer of Vengeance (PH3)
Level 12, Lawful Good, 6'2", 195lbs
Languages: Common, Draconic

Str  23 ( +6) +18(Starting)+2(Human)+3(Levels 4, 8, 11)
Con  17 ( +3) +14(Starting)+3(Levels 4, 8, 11)
Dex  11 ( +0) +10(Starting)+1(Level 11)
Int  11 ( +0) +10(Starting)+1(Level 11)
Wis  12 ( +1) +11(Starting)+1(Level 11)
Cha   9 ( -1) +8(Starting)+1(Level 11)

Hit Points
	Max HP:      94 +17(Con)+12(Runepriest 1)+5(Toughness)+55(Runepriest 12)
	Bloodied:    47 +47(1/2 HP)
	Surge:       24 +23(1/4 HP)+1(Belt of Vigor (heroic tier))
	Surges/Day:  10 +7(Runepriest)+3(Con mod)

Defenses and Senses
	AC:   30 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+2(Heavy Shield Defense Bonus)
                       +9(Wyvernscale Armor)+3(Armor of Resistance +3)
	Fort: 29 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+0(Fortitude Defense Class Bonus)+1(Human Defense Bonuses)
                       +1(Paragon Defenses)+2(Shield Bonus)+3(Amulet of Protection +3)+6(Str mod)
	Ref:  24 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+0(Reflex Defense Class Bonus)+1(Human Defense Bonuses)
                       +1(Paragon Defenses)+3(Amulet of Protection +3)+2(Heavy Shield Defense Bonus)
                       +1(Boots of Quickness (heroic tier))+0(Int mod)
	Will: 24 +10(Constant)+6(1/2 Level)+2(Will Defense Class Bonus)+1(Human Defense Bonuses)
                       +1(Paragon Defenses)+3(Amulet of Protection +3)+1(Wis mod)

Passive Perception:  17 +7(Perception)+10(Constant)
	Passive Insight:     22 +12(Insight)+10(Constant)

Initiative:  7 +6(1/2 Level)+1(Initiative Misc)+0(Dex mod)
	Speed:       6 +6(Human)+1(Fleet-Footed)-1(Wyvernscale Armor)
	Vision:     Normal

Conditional Defenses:
		AC +0 without armor: heavy - Intelligence modifier

Race and Class Features
	Bonus Feat [Human]
	     Choose an extra feat at 1st level.
	Bonus Skill [Human]
	     Trained in one additional class skill.
	Bonus At-Will Power [Human]
	     Know one extra 1st-level attack power from your class.
	Human Defense Bonuses [Human]
	     +1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.
	Rune Master [Runepriest]
	     Gain either Rune of Destruction or Rune of Protection rune state
	Rune of Destruction [Runepriest]
	     Allies gain +1 to attack against enemies adjacent to you or others in rune state
	Rune of Protection [Runepriest]
	     Allies adjacent to you gain resist 2/all, 4/all at 11th level, 6/all at 21st level
	Rune of Mending [Runepriest]
	     Gain rune of mending power
	Runic Artistry [Runepriest]
	     Follow path of Defiant Word or way of Wrathful Hammer
	Wrathful Hammer [Runepriest]
	     Proficiency with military hammers and maces; Con modifier bonus to damage after enemy hits you
	Bloody Vengeance [Hammer of Vengeance (PH3)]
	     Enter rune state of vengeance, make melee basic attack against adjacent enemy
	Avenging Action [Hammer of Vengeance (PH3)]
	     Enemies take radiant damage equal to Con modifier when attacking allies within 5 squares after use of action point

Feats
	Action Surge
	     +3 to attacks when you spend an action point
	Weapon Proficiency (Craghammer)
	     Gain proficiency with the Craghammer.
	Human Perseverance
	     +1 to saving throws
	Shield Proficiency (Heavy)
	     Proficiency with heavy shields
	Toughness
	     Gain 5 additional hit points per tier
	Skill Power
	     Gain skill power of your level or lower
	Hammer Rhythm
	     Damage with hammer or mace on a miss
	Fleet-Footed
	     +1 to speed
	Weapon Expertise (Hammer)
	     Gain bonus to attack rolls with hammers.
	Paragon Defenses
	Shield Mastery
	     Add shield bonus to Fortitude while wielding shield you have proficiency with

Powers
	At-Will
	Word of Shielding  [Standard Action]
	     Inescapable Craghammer +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d10+9
	     Throwing hammer - Attack: 15 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d6+6
	Word of Binding  [Standard Action]
	     Inescapable Craghammer +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 6
	     Throwing hammer - Attack: 15 vs. AC,  Damage: 6
	     Unarmed - Attack: 12 vs. AC,  Damage: 6
	Word of Diminishment  [Standard Action]
	Rune of the Astral Winds  [Move Action]

Encounter
	Executioner's Call  [Standard Action]
	Word of Alliance  [Standard Action]
	     Inescapable Craghammer +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 2d10+9
	     Throwing hammer - Attack: 15 vs. AC,  Damage: 2d6+6
	Word of Befuddlement  [Standard Action]
	     Inescapable Craghammer +3 - Attack: 18 vs. Will,  Damage: 2d10+9
	     Throwing hammer - Attack: 15 vs. Will,  Damage: 2d6+6
	     Unarmed - Attack: 12 vs. Will,  Damage: 2d4+6
	Assurance of Prophecy  [Immediate Reaction]
	Avenging Hammer  [Standard Action]
	Shield of Vengeance  [Immediate Reaction]
	Second Wind  [Standard Action]
	Rune of Mending  [Minor Action]
	     Unarmed - Attack: 6 vs. Unknown,  Damage: 

Daily
	Rune of the Undeniable Dawn  [Standard Action]
	     Inescapable Craghammer +3 - Attack: 18 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d10+9 (Radiant)  
	     Throwing hammer - Attack: 15 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d6+6 (Radiant)  
	     Unarmed - Attack: 12 vs. AC,  Damage: 1d4+6 (Radiant)  
	Shield of Sacrifice  [Minor Action]
	     Unarmed - Attack: 6 vs. Unknown,  Damage: 
	Rune of the Final Act  [Standard Action]
	     Inescapable Craghammer +3 - Attack: 18 vs. Fortitude,  Damage: 2d10+9
	     Throwing hammer - Attack: 15 vs. Fortitude,  Damage: 2d6+6
	     Unarmed - Attack: 12 vs. Fortitude,  Damage: 2d4+6
	Rune of Meritorious Alacrity  [Free Action]
	Rune of Boundless Fury  [Standard Action]

Skills
	Acrobatics:     4 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Acrobatics Misc)-2(Armor Penalty)+0(Dex mod)
	Arcana:         6 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Arcana Misc)+0(Int mod)
	Athletics:     15 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+0(Athletics Misc)-2(Armor Penalty)+6(Str mod)
	Bluff:          5 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Bluff Misc)-1(Cha mod)
	Diplomacy:      5 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Diplomacy Misc)-1(Cha mod)
	Dungeoneering:  7 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Dungeoneering Misc)+1(Wis mod)
	Endurance:      7 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Endurance Misc)-2(Armor Penalty)+3(Con mod)
	Heal:          12 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+0(Heal Misc)+1(Wis mod)
	History:       11 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+0(History Misc)+0(Int mod)
	Insight:       12 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+0(Insight Misc)+1(Wis mod)
	Intimidate:     5 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Intimidate Misc)-1(Cha mod)
	Nature:         7 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Nature Misc)+1(Wis mod)
	Perception:     7 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Perception Misc)+1(Wis mod)
	Religion:      13 +6(1/2 Level)+5(Trained)+2(Religion Misc)+0(Int mod)
	Stealth:        4 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Stealth Misc)-2(Armor Penalty)+0(Dex mod)
	Streetwise:     5 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Streetwise Misc)-1(Cha mod)
	Thievery:       4 +6(1/2 Level)+0(Thievery Misc)-2(Armor Penalty)+0(Dex mod)

Proficiencies
	Weapons
		Simple Melee [Runepriest]
		Simple Ranged [Runepriest]
		Military Hammer [Runepriest]
		Military Mace [Runepriest]
		Craghammer [Weapon Proficiency (Craghammer)]

Armor
		Cloth [Runepriest]
		Leather [Runepriest]
		Hide [Runepriest]
		Chainmail [Runepriest]
		Scale [Runepriest]
		Heavy Shield [Shield Proficiency (Heavy)]
		Light Shield [Runepriest]

Inventory
	Weapons
	Craghammer, Inescapable Weapon +3
	Throwing hammer(quantity: 5)

Armor
	Wyvernscale Armor, Armor of Resistance +3
	Heavy Shield, Battleforged Shield (heroic tier)

Magic Items
	Belt of Vigor (heroic tier)
	Casque of Tactics (heroic tier)
	Gloves of Grace (heroic tier)
	Boots of Quickness (heroic tier)
	Amulet of Protection +3
	Power Jewel (heroic tier)
	Bag of Holding (heroic tier)
	Stonemeal Biscuit (heroic tier)(quantity: 2)
	Potion of Healing (heroic tier)(quantity: 2)

Gear
	Everburning Torch
	Sunrod
	Adventurer's Kit
Other

Coin
	Carried: 165gp
	Stored: 

ForestHobo fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 17, 2010

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Adrinidad posted:

Ugh, how did I miss that? :negative:

The thread is closed so I can't fix it now. My apologies for browser related offenses. Character blocks are a minefield for table breakage. I'm usually mindful of that, but apparently wasn't paying attention when I edited last.
Stop doing this.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
For our new players, here's how to (hopefully) make sense of my maps and init blocks! If anything is unclear please ask, because I'd like for this stuff to be as straightforward and unambiguous as possible.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Never mind nothing to see here.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Alright, for our next fight we are going to give Orokos a shot. It is a website that allows you to roll dice yourselves while linking these rolls to a specific character and campaign, so cheating is pretty much impossible as well. (Not that any of you would try it in the first place, right?)

How this works: first you need to register an account. Next, if you use the character builder (which I believe most of you do), go to the character sheets page and add your character. Make sure to enter "September Procession" in the Adventuring Company field in the CB, on the same tab where you set your name name, gender, and so on. Once the sheet has been uploaded, you can access it on the character sheets page. (If you don't use the character builder, you can still register and make rolls, but you'll have to fill out every field separately whenever you roll, I believe.)

As for making actual rolls, simply clicking on the die button to the right of the appropriate roll on the character sheet will open a window that should have all relevant data entered already, as far as your level and similar factors are concerned at least. (Skills, initiative etc. are all "clickable" and will take you to the roll page immediately, so you'll only very rarely have to make a roll from scratch.) It does, of course, not take into account any "outside" modifiers such as combat advantage, the target having cover/concealment, and such; you'll have to modify the attack bonus yourself as appropriate in such cases. Other than it is pretty self-explanatory, and the 'help' link on the input page explains all operators and optional modifiers (most of which are irrelevant for our purposes anyway). When you make an attack, always roll for damage at the same time as well, and if you score a critical hit, just strike through the damage roll and make a separate roll including the bonus dice and your maximised regular damage as the static modifier.

The default description when you make a roll for a power is, for instance, "Melee Basic Attack vs AC". When making an attack, please abbreviate the non-AC defences to Fo, Rf and Wi, and include the target(s) in parentheses at the end of this description; if there are multiple targets, apply the resulting attack rolls in the same order you've listed the targets in – an example description might thus be "Vanguard's Lightning vs Rf (HG1, K, HG2)". I'm going to leave it up to you whether to make mention of any modifiers to your rolls, and whether to account for them separately or not (that is, whether you roll 15+2 when you have combat advantage or simply +17) – including them makes for greater clarity, but can be unwieldy to parse. We'll see! At any rate, once you've made a roll, click the bbcode link beneath the result, copy the text that pops up into your post, and you are pretty much done! As for figuring out whether an attack roll hits the target or not, which is usually questionable when it's in the 7-14 range or so, just ping me on IRC as I'm on there way more than is healthy.

I think that's it. If there are any questions, please ask (and keep in mind that the site lets you make "test" rolls that are not stored); for now we'll try it out for an encounter or two, and if people don't like it we'll go back to subjecting ourselves to foxxbot's cruel whims instead.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 18, 2010

The Transhumanist
Jan 2, 2008

Things can get better. You just gotta be willing to take the chance.
Sorry for being away so long. As for replacement feat, gonna take Arcane Reach.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

The Transhumanist posted:

Sorry for being away so long. As for replacement feat, gonna take Arcane Reach.
Keeping your third at-will, I presume?

Also, something else I forgot: need wish lists from our new players! Up to five items of up to level 16. Furthermore, everyone will want to consider what choices they'll make when they hit level 13, because this is going to happen in the none too distant future.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 20, 2010

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
I'm having a hellish week at the office and may be scarce until later this week. I apologize, I wanted to post a little more during my character's introduction, but the timing of us showing up worked out badly with my schedule. I'll be more present very soon.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Usin this space to format my combat block.
pre:
HP: 73/73 (temp: 0/0)   AC:   27  
Heal Srg: 10/10 (v 18 ) Fort: 25        
Speed: 6                Ref:  24          
Initiative: +11         Will: 26      
Action Points: 1/1      Perc: 21 
                        Insi: 21
*+5 to Save vs Poison
*Make save to avoid being knocked prone
*Move 1 sq less during forced movement
*Add 1 pt to damage for each target attacked with Divine power
*When Borok is not bloodied, enemies w/in 5 sq take -2 to saves
*AP Rider: UEOMNT, any enemy that hits or misses me or ally within 5 takes 1d6+conmod(+4) thunder damage

Reactions and Conditionals:
If NOT fighting undead, the first time per encounter I am hit by an enemy within 5 sq of me, I will use Armor of Wrath.
Unless I say otherwise, the first time per encounter a BLOODIED ally within 5 sq spends a surge, I will use Assurance of Prophecy.
If an ally misses or an enemy w/in 10 makes a save vs a critical condition (stun, daze, vulnerability, blindness, etc), I will use Demand Justice.
If I hit with lightning power, I gain +1 to attack with Thunder power until EOMNT
If I hit with thunder power, I gain +2 to damage until EONT
If I score crit with lightning power, ask me if I want to make it a regular hit and inflict same damage on enemy w/in 10 of target.

At-Will: Divine Bolts, Vanguard's Lightning
Encounter: Second Wind, Lightning's Revelation, Arcane Mutterings, Chains of Carceri, Demand Justice, Rain of Blood, Assurance of Prophecy, Rebuke Undead (CD), Armor of Wrath (CD), Mark of Castigation, Thundering Summons
Daily: Silent Malediction, Blade of Vengeance, Fourfold Invocation of Doomhttp://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/feat.aspx?id=521

navyjack fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Sep 21, 2010

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Too bad we couldn't know the full results of our rolls, could get to do much more detail.
Whether you hit or miss, you mean? Short of outright making the exact defences of every monster public, which I'm somewhat reluctant to do, I'm afraid there isn't any real way of accomplishing this. (People who are on IRC with me when they make their rolls can just ask, of course. :shobon:)

That said, and as I wrote earlier in this thread, folks should in general make all rolls as though the power was a hit – damage, secondary attacks, the works. If it hits, great; if it doesn't, the non-applicable rolls are ignored. Also, especially when you're targeting more than one monster, be sure to include the shorthand designations of the targets you're attacking in the description of the roll on Orokos, just to be on the neat side.

The Transhumanist
Jan 2, 2008

Things can get better. You just gotta be willing to take the chance.
Well, what I was more figuring was it would be handy to have a dice roller where a DM type could set up a list of monsters and their defenses to roll against. This is mostly just me wishing I knew how to code. I agree letting monster defenses be public is kinda eh.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Well, what I was more figuring was it would be handy to have a dice roller where a DM type could set up a list of monsters and their defenses to roll against. This is mostly just me wishing I knew how to code. I agree letting monster defenses be public is kinda eh.
Oh yes, I hear you. The day someone comes up with something like this will be a great day indeed; in fact, on the one hand I wonder why someone hasn't already, because it really makes sense to have.

Taldrel: your move doesn't work – Direct the Strike requires the targeted ally be within 5 squares, which Elliott isn't even after you move to M12.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Sorry, saw the move to M8 and didn't realize he moved farther. Edited to double move.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Ok, guys. Clearly, these minion dudes suck. I can clear out all of them (assuming I hit), but there's a catch...I'll hit all you melee dudes, too.

+16 vs Ref, 1d6+11 thunder damage...but I'm a wrathful invoker, so there will be another +11 damage as a bonus.

My inclination is to go for it, cause I will hit every enemy on the field except for 2 ghouls and the brain, but if I get pushback from some of you melee fighters, I won't do it (Dallan already said go for it, but I want at least one more thumbs up).

edit: oh, yeah, and it's an at-will.

navyjack fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 7, 2010

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
I can use Rune of the Undeniable Dawn. It's a daily, but it wouldn't hit allies, and I think I'm in prime position for it. That would include all of the minions except the one on Anetta, plus Karrak and the wight. The burst 3 also creates a zone that gives allies +2 to defenses.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

I'd been planning to use Come and Get It, but at best I could only clear 3 of the minions - maybe 4 if I shift first. It doesn't hit allies either, and it's an encounter power, and I get to mark everyone (which might not be a good thing, heh.) That said, I'm open to either of your ideas as well.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

MMA, if you could let me know what Navy managed to kill with that Vanguard's Lightning, that'd be great, TIA.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
He kills ghoul #1 (and hits Elliott, Karrek, the Battle Wight, and Lorn).

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Cool, thanks, I may stick to my original plan then.

Orokos is blocked at work (and SA is not :wtc:), and doesn't work on my smartphone, so I may write a post during the day but I'll do my rolls when I get home.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Weird. It works on mine.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Really? I'll give it another shot later then.

edit: and it does work, neat, I just needed to tweak a browser setting and give it time.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 7, 2010

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

If anyone wants Karrek alive, speak now or forever hold your peace - if my math is right, it's actually impossible for him to survive my attacking him unless he's healed without MMA telling us about it (since I do 5 miss damage and he was bloodied by my hit for 17 then took 14 more from navyjack.)

edit: so of course he's the one I crit. Post coming within an hour or two, I have to go for lunch soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
That crit positively, definitely annihilates Karrek.