Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
I really do think orokos rolls way lower than other dicebots, but that might just be me hating it when I roll low for this game a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Taali is hit by the OA and gets immobilised. :rip:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
lololololol

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
i;m joining soonmot in the miss all hits ever club dont be a dork like dallan and hit bad guys join the kool kids miss everything club

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Just so I'm clear on this, Dallan, you're risking an OA (from GA2) as well?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

MMAgCh posted:

Just so I'm clear on this, Dallan, you're risking an OA (from GA2) as well?

Yes, sorry to not make that clear. It's a gamble but between attack penalties and her current defense bonus there's no better time to gamble!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
He missed by 1. The gamble paid off!

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I'm sorry for bogarting all the good luck, friends!

(also I can post for Yuriel again if Purplie or somebody else doesn't do so by Sunday.)

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
So... what can Yuriel even do besides try to save? He's both blinded and immobilized. lol

Also, does the Hezrou take the Aftereffect damage from my Mass Transformation now?

Edit: And I can do Yuriel if I can get a link to his full character sheet. All I can find is the lovely Orokos version.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 18, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

So... what can Yuriel even do besides try to save? He's both blinded and immobilized. lol
He can still make attacks, they just take a -5 penalty to the attack roll unless they're area/close.

Also, does the Hezrou take the Aftereffect damage from my Mass Transformation now?
I completely forgot about that. Fixed, my apologies.

Edit: And I can do Yuriel if I can get a link to his full character sheet. All I can find is the lovely Orokos version.
If you mean a CB file, I can make that available tomorrow. Edit: here it is.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 18, 2017

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

MMAgCh posted:

If you mean a CB file, I can make that available tomorrow. Edit: here it is.
Okay, got it. Thanks!

Looking over it, none of his encounters or dailies are reliable, so I propose just the Paint the Bull's Eye At-Will on the Hezrou. He would have to eat the poison damage, but it's better than having a character do nothing for a turn. Do you want me to post MMAgCh/Dallan, or should we give Purplie longer? Tbh I think we should assume he's out for at least the rest of this encounter.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Purplie's last SA post was on July 27, so perhaps it is prudent not to wait too long – if he hasn't posted by Monday, either of you (Dallan or Klingon) should feel free to take Yuriel's turn for him. Work out among yourselves who gets saddled with that thankless task shall have the privilege!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
i vote we make yuriel jump overboard

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Are you sure you don't want to have Marianna shift away first before attacking, Klingon? Just because she can't take any damage from the minion's OA doesn't mean she won't suffer its other effects (i.e. immobilisation, as Taaliala has demonstrated for us!) if it hits.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

MMAgCh posted:

Are you sure you don't want to have Marianna shift away first before attacking, Klingon? Just because she can't take any damage from the minion's OA doesn't mean she won't suffer its other effects (i.e. immobilisation, as Taaliala has demonstrated for us!) if it hits.
Oh, yeah. I forgot that ranged attacks provoke them, sorry.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
All ranged (and area) powers provoke, actually! Doesn't need to be an attack at all.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Double posting!

So. Marianna gets hit and immobilised by charging crew. Another crew member takes a shot at her with his hand crossbow and hits as well, which very nearly bloodies her – but the Gloves of Missile Avoidance daily item power could turn it into a miss. Pop it, yes/no?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

MMAgCh posted:

Double posting!

So. Marianna gets hit and immobilised by charging crew. Another crew member takes a shot at her with his hand crossbow and hits as well, which very nearly bloodies her – but the Gloves of Missile Avoidance daily item power could turn it into a miss. Pop it, yes/no?
Yeah, I will use them! Might as well delay my resting in peace a little longer.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
save some of these amazing hits for the actual players and not loving worthless minions kthx

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
MMA you didn't listen to a single thing I posted up there did you????

Okay so like, Dallan you really need to come up with a tactical plan for you me and soon here. We're kinda not doing anything here.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

My plan was to gut the spellcaster but, knowing this, he has quite wisely refused to come out or indeed do anything at all. I'll have to sleep on this map and what options we have.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
I have an encounter teleport power, burst 5 targets me and two allies and can teleport them anywhere within the burst 5. If Skylark can move somewhere and teleport Landra and/or Taali closer to help that is an option.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

It's an option, but we need to consider what we'd do when we got there. You can put us in range of Yuriel's new buddy and the Hezrou, basically - think we can focus the latter down before its breath kills someone? Assuming the wizard up at the top of the map doesn't pull some more annoying bullshit unmolested, anyway.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
At best I can move, minor action kill a minion, teleport to where i need to and standard action the both of you. So we'd need an action plan for what Taali and Landra could do if they got into range too. Otherwise it's just me wasting a turn of potentially doing some actual damage.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Since Taali is immobile she'd have to teleport right into range of whatever, which means the best target is certainly the Hezrou (despite that annoying aura and the fact that we're both melee).

Assuming that the teleport power works the way I think it does (I'm at work and can't check), if you activate it from AI13 or AI14 then both Taali and Landra are in the burst range and can be dropped into flanking positions vs. the Hezrou (AN14 and AN17) for CA. I'm not immediately aware of Taali's available powers, but at that point Landra can switch her quarry for the extra damage (or use Bravo's Prey, or both since she doesn't have to move) and then basically pick a daily. Relentless Assailant heals (kinda important with ongoing damage AND standing in that aura) and is, I think, reliable as well, but IIRC it's a fighter power so it doesn't benefit from quarry damage. Blade Cascade is another option but of course it's really swingy. Note that with CA her mainhand gains Brutal 1 for more expected damage. Maybe Blade Dance would work too, I don't remember the details of that power off the top of my head, but if I remember right it's one of those multi-target powers that isn't optimal here.

Alternatively, MMA, how high is the turret Landra is currently standing next to?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Dallan Invictus posted:

Alternatively, MMA, how high is the turret Landra is currently standing next to?
About 15–20 feet, I'd say.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

About 15–20 feet, I'd say.

Haha, well, there goes my clever backup plan. Anyway, Robo, if you think getting Taali and Landra into a flank is worth giving up your own turn's damage then I can definitely go along with that idea. I'd probably end up using Relentless Assailant, though (4W and a healing surge), unless MMA says that multiattack powers like Blade Cascade don't trigger the Hezrou's aura multiple times (because that would be A Bad Thing).

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Soonmot :argh:

Dallan Invictus posted:

unless MMA says that multiattack powers like Blade Cascade don't trigger the Hezrou's aura multiple times
It would indeed trigger Noxious Stench on every attack made.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

It would indeed trigger Noxious Stench on every attack made.

I have to say that my training in Actual Lawyering has helped me anticipate way more D&D Rules Lawyering wrinkles than I ever expected. :argh:

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Okay so is there much of a point bothering with the teleport in that case?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm willing to roll fortitude saves if you are

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Are fortitude saves even a thing in 4th ed? I thought that was just a defense - and in the case of H2's aura there's no defense, you just take the damage.

Anyway, I guess it's a matter of opportunity cost: whether it's worth trading your attack for Taali's?

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 3, 2017

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Both soon and I miss everything so it's kinda a moot point in the end. Teleport powers buff me anyway so I'm okay with it. Soonmot, what would you like Taali to do if I can teleport her around?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
If I actually hit, I plan on doing this to H2

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
And take the 10 damage each opportunity attack?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, is that aura just straight up auto damage?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Yeah, 10 damage per attack done in aura

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Welp, all my best stuff involved damaging the target for doing anything to escape or not escape my grapple. Can I be teleported next to the spiel caster?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yuriel has yet to use any of his healing powers. Just for the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Then I would totally be willing to get bloody af taking this beast down.