Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
So is that a yes on the teleports then after all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Robodog posted:

So is that a yes on the teleports then after all?

Yep, I'm delaying until then, then.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Okay so if you both delay, then I will

MOVE: AI13
STANDARD: Warp Space, close burst 5. Taking Taali to AN14 and Landra to AN17 for the flank? If there are specific spaces you'd prefer within the burst 5 from AI13 then go ahead and state them. Map is here btw > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15QcolvPW2fUXOGNaVlpML-gWS2htAU3AmmKD123VHKY/pubhtml

MINOR: Might as well try to bop the GC9 minion on the head with my White Well Transformation secondary

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It's dallan's call, I'm comfortable eating the damage, but that aura will hit us both.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Well Yuriel can still heal and I'll be hitting with a healing power anyway so no worries. I think I go after Robo anyway right? If I don't then I'll delay to enable this mad scheme.

edit: oh we're on the same count. Well then a very brief delay! And I'm good with AN17 to set up the flank.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Alright, gently caress community college, let's get drunk and eat chicken fingers!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Sorry about the delay, but posted!

KLINGON! If you want Skylark to teleport to a different space near the baddies at Queen M just tell me and I'll change position.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Wherever is best for you! That square should be fine. Thanks for coming to my rescue :unsmith:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Though this is embarrassing to admit, there is an entire enemy turn I forgot to take. Rectifying that now.

And all done! The only thing that changed is the umbra's position.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 7, 2017

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

MMAgCh posted:

And all done! The only thing that changed is the umbra's position.

Haha, I noticed he hadn't done anything but thought you were deliberately doing that specifically to troll me since I was obviously waiting for him to come out.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Edited my turn to account for the apparent litany of loving bullshit I got affected with for Dallan having the sheer audacity to delay his turn.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
His delaying his turn has absolutely nothing to do with it. :ssh:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh, and…

Dallan Invictus posted:

Haha, I noticed he hadn't done anything but thought you were deliberately doing that specifically to troll me since I was obviously waiting for him to come out.
Nah, if he'd delayed or readied an action I'd have mentioned it in the update. When it comes to game mechanics like that the cards are always on the table.

Incidentally, I hope the players running him are keeping in mind Yuriel's encounter power that lets him subtract 8 from an enemy's successful save or add 8 to an ally's failed save as an interrupt!

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I would be totally cool with Dallan using that to end the Haunted effect if it's really messing him up.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
As am I

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

I mean, if Purplie isn't around to veto it then sure, I wouldn't complain.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Dallan Invictus posted:

I mean, if Purplie isn't around to veto it then sure, I wouldn't complain.
Doesn't look he is, unfortunately. Anyway, you have until my next update to decide!

Also!

Dallan, Soonmot: which of you two is marking the hezrou?

Soonmot: where is that extra +2 on your attack roll from? You're at +29 base plus 2 for having combat advantage, but as far as I can tell that should be it.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

Doesn't look he is, unfortunately. Anyway, you have until my next update to decide!

Well, then. Looks like we're all agreed, so should one of us post it in the IC thread or is here enough?

quote:

Dallan, Soonmot: which of you two is marking the hezrou?

Taali's in better shape than Landra, so I'll defer to Soonmot on whether she should mark or not.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 10, 2017

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Isn't the escalation die a +3 bonus? I actually forgot to add flanking bonus, and yes, I'll mark.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Dost I seriously add+4 too my roll instead of the +3 I thought I was supposed to?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Soonmot posted:

Isn't the escalation die a +3 bonus?
…I keep forgetting about that. :argh:

The die is at +3 and you get another +2 for flanking so you'd add +5, altogether.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Always remember, all my posts are drunk posts

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
:shobon:

Dallan Invictus posted:

Well, then. Looks like we're all agreed, so should one of us post it in the IC thread or is here enough?
In here is fine unless you absolutely want to make an IC post about it.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I think it's time for Yuriel to start doing some healing, what do you guys think?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Wait until taali is bloody, I get some good stuff then

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Healing at some point, now or later, is probably a good idea. I can't do much except a second wind on myself.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Landra doesn't have any Weird Bloodied Tricks and has used her Weird Healing Trick, so yeah I agree with Yuriel tossing out heals but I'll leave it to your judgment as to their target.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Klingon: the top of the turret is too far away for Void Assumption.

The stat block looks good! It is missing a few powers though, at least in the lists up top if not entirely (Inspiring Example, Aid the Injured, Unintended Feint).

Edit: as for Yuriel's standard action, you could have him use his Second Wind perhaps? His gloves' item power also lets him lose a healing surge to cause an adjacent ally to regain some hit points, which would be an option to help Taaliala out. It'd just be a shame to let that action go to waste!

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 20, 2017

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MMAgCh posted:

Klingon: the top of the turret is too far away for Void Assumption.

The stat block looks good! It is missing a few powers though, at least in the lists up top if not entirely (Inspiring Example, Aid the Injured, Unintended Feint).

Edit: as for Yuriel's standard action, you could have him use his Second Wind perhaps? His gloves' item power also lets him lose a healing surge to cause an adjacent ally to regain some hit points, which would be an option to help Taaliala out. It'd just be a shame to let that action go to waste!

Ah, I guess AR-15/16 are unstable then? What about that block starting around AL-15/16? Is that a structure of some kind? I'm guessing so from the shadow. Regardless, we have until the start of Yuriel's next turn to decide, so there's no rush there.

I edited the utility powers into the statblock, thanks. I also noticed that the Tactician's Word feat will give Landra +4 to her next attack roll too. Wasn't noted in the CB power card so I missed it at first.

And I mean, you're right, it is a shame to let an action go to waste. I don't know about using Second Wind during a turn the defense bonuses won't matter, but maybe. I thought Taali had some fun bloodied stuff she wanted to use? If Soonmot wants her to be healed though I'd be happy to.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

Ah, I guess AR-15/16 are unstable then? What about that block starting around AL-15/16? Is that a structure of some kind? I'm guessing so from the shadow. Regardless, we have until the start of Yuriel's next turn to decide, so there's no rush there.
I suppose AR14 would work, though Yuriel would still be within the hezrou's reach there.

AH15:AL17 is a kind of communications mast/structure that's both too beyond the range of Void Assumption and pretty much impossible to actually stand on.

I also noticed that the Tactician's Word feat will give Landra +4 to her next attack roll too. Wasn't noted in the CB power card so I missed it at first.
He also heals her for an extra d6 thanks to the property on his gloves!

And I mean, you're right, it is a shame to let an action go to waste. I don't know about using Second Wind during a turn the defense bonuses won't matter, but maybe. I thought Taali had some fun bloodied stuff she wanted to use? If Soonmot wants her to be healed though I'd be happy to.
Second Wind would allow him to regain some hit points, at least. Or he could use the Aid Attack action to grant an ally of his choice a +2 bonus to their next attack roll against the githyanki armsman next to him, in case anyone was planning on attacking the guy? Which I don't think is the case. Oh well, I got nothing!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm good, use your heal on one of the others if they need it :)

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
time to kill taali and sacrifice to lloth

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Well that was the biggest wet fart of a level 15 Daily ever. And of course it happens when Yuriel doesn't exist so he can't use Unintended Feint. Orokos you have made a powerful enemy this day, rolling me the same number three times in a loving row and wasting my crit on a minion. :argh:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'm afraid a close blast doesn't quite work like that. It fills (in this case) a 5x5 area that is adjacent to its origin square, i.e. the one Marianna is in, and the origin square explicitly is not within the blast. This means you could use it to attack the three enemies next to Marianna or you could attack the ultrodemon schemer and the hezrou, but catching them all in the blast is not possible. (It would be if it this were a close burst, of course.)

On a more positive note, there was no need to roll a saving throw against the immobilisation effect as it lasted purely until the end of your turn. :v:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MMAgCh posted:

I'm afraid a close blast doesn't quite work like that. It fills (in this case) a 5x5 area that is adjacent to its origin square, i.e. the one Marianna is in, and the origin square explicitly is not within the blast. This means you could use it to attack the three enemies next to Marianna or you could attack the ultrodemon schemer and the hezrou, but catching them all in the blast is not possible. (It would be if it this were a close burst, of course.)

On a more positive note, there was no need to roll a saving throw against the immobilisation effect as it lasted purely until the end of your turn. :v:
Oh great. In that case I'll make it the 3 enemies adjacent, since I missed the Hezrou anyway.

Although finally remembering how close blasts work does mean I can potentially start using Thunderwave without hitting the rest of the party. Provided I'm not ded.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 28, 2017

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
As an aside, anyone wants to hit Tali with some friendly fire is aok if it hits some bad guys, especially fire damage.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Guess what? I actually don't have anything that activates when I'm bloodied, I don't know where I got that idea from. I just do +2 damage to bloodied foes. Oh well!

Anyways, I want to use Battering Ram to move to AM 13, this should bring the herz to AN/AO 14 and knock those two assholes prone. It doesn't do damage to the gith, but maybe it'll kill the minion?

If this is no good, I'll do something else.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Soonmot posted:

Guess what? I actually don't have anything that activates when I'm bloodied, I don't know where I got that idea from. I just do +2 damage to bloodied foes. Oh well!

Anyways, I want to use Battering Ram to move to AM 13, this should bring the herz to AN/AO 14 and knock those two assholes prone. It doesn't do damage to the gith, but maybe it'll kill the minion?

If this is no good, I'll do something else.
Well, you'd provoke OAs from the two githyanki next to Taaliala by doing that, for starters. Your call whether to risk it! (On an unrelated note, remember you'll have to take a minor action to sustain the grab on the hezrou.)

Dallan: being in AO19 doesn't result in Landra's flanking with Alauda. You effectively need to be on opposite sides of an enemy to flank it – i.e. right now, Marianna is in the only square from which anyone could establish a flanking position with Alauda. Not that it mattered in this case! (Edit: it also looks like you didn't take into account the damage bonus from Bravo's Prey on the second attack? I got you though!)

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 3, 2017

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MMAgCh posted:

Well, you'd provoke OAs from the two githyanki next to Taaliala by doing that, for starters. Your call whether to risk it! (On an unrelated note, remember you'll have to take a minor action to sustain the grab on the hezrou.)

Dallan: being in AO19 doesn't result in Landra's flanking with Alauda. You effectively need to be on opposite sides of an enemy to flank it – i.e. right now, Marianna is in the only square from which anyone could establish a flanking position with Alauda. Not that it mattered in this case!

Does grappling the hez do anything to make AoOs on me more difficult? Do I lose my grapple if I'm hit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Soonmot posted:

Does grappling the hez do anything to make AoOs on me more difficult? Do I lose my grapple if I'm hit?
Not as such. You have a couple of powers that let you use a grabbed creature as a shield against melee/ranged attacks, but as they're immediate actions you can't use them on your own turn.

For the grab to end prematurely you'd have to get dazed/stunned (or knocked unconscious/killed :v:) or forcibly moved away from the grabbed creature. Simply getting hit doesn't affect the grab at all.