Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Soonmot: it belatedly occurs to me that you could use Subtle Step to shift to AP15 before using Battering Ram, moving through AQ14 to avoid the githyanki while still pulling the hezrou into them. (I will say that a square like AQ14 is OK to move through, though you can't end your turn in it unless you're OK with squeezing. This is something else I should strive to be clearer on, ideally by avoiding having such "unclear" squares in the first place.)

Now for a bit of shameless self-promotion: I am recruiting for a Shadow of the Demon Lord game! It's a dark fantasy RPG with a setting that features both magic and moderately advanced technology – clockwork constructs animated by souls plucked from the Underworld are a thing, as are airships and muskets along with more traditional fantasy trappings like swords and wizards! Mechanically it's a fairly simple affair, particularly when contrasted with the at times daunting epic campaign we're all playing in right now. It's also not the most popular system, to the extent that I'm not even sure the game is going to get off the ground at all. Such is the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Heads up: if there's still no post by Soonmot tonight I'll NPC Taali (and have her do what I laid out earlier)!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Go and do that for me. I should have posted but I've been fighting a sinus infection/ massiver allergy thing all week and have been unable to do much of anything because of headaches and medications

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha, I just got home from work and finished eating and was about to post <3

sorry for making you do the extra work, MMA

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
So, for the reference of Purplie/whoever else, what square was Yuriel originally on before using Void Assumption? AO-14? I think AR-14 would be a good place if so, but go wherever you want.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
He was in AO13, it looks like.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Dallan do you want to take on the umbra again? If so I can refresh Warp Space to move you a bit closer on my turn and also move Sszzt around to give you CA on it if you gimme a rough space guess where you might plonk Landra.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Robodog posted:

Dallan do you want to take on the umbra again? If so I can refresh Warp Space to move you a bit closer on my turn and also move Sszzt around to give you CA on it if you gimme a rough space guess where you might plonk Landra.

On one hand, I do. On the other hand, what I probably SHOULD do is help keep the Schemer and that other Armsman busy?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
If we're lucky we could probably knock the schemer and armsman down to dead or near dead yeah, but that still leaves the umbra up there horroring and blinding everybody. At best I can toss Sszzt at him.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna second wind and action point this turn

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Robodog posted:

If we're lucky we could probably knock the schemer and armsman down to dead or near dead yeah, but that still leaves the umbra up there horroring and blinding everybody. At best I can toss Sszzt at him.

Okay, well I'm glad that my instincts are actually IN LINE with the good tactical play for once. I actually don't need the Warp Space teleport to get to the Umbra at all, I can pop my encounter haste power and get to AH14 on foot if you could move Sszzt to AF16 - if he doesn't have the speed for you to get him there then we might need the teleport to move her a bit up the right side of the main mast so she can approach from the right and Sszzt can flank on the left.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Dallan? :ohdear:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

I had literally accidentally deleted a post before you wrote that, and then gone to seethe in quiet rage for an hour before trying again. :smith:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Dallan Invictus posted:

I had literally accidentally deleted a post before you wrote that, and then gone to seethe in quiet rage for an hour before trying again. :smith:
Now I feel bad too. :smith:

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Totally unrelated to the game but…

Soonmot! Have you seen the new Runaways show on Hulu and is it any good? I really loved the comic and I don't want to sully my precious memories of it with a terrible Inhumans-grade adaptation if it is just pure trash.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I actually canceled my hulu subscription before it started. I should check to see if I can download it

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Does Hulu just not have anything redeeming on it as a whole?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I only had it because a buddy of mine was talking up Kitchen Nightmares, so I subscribed to watch it. I never even looked at any of their original programming.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Grabbed it off wwt, watching the first episode now.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ramsay shows are pretty dope.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Soonmot :argh:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, I forgot! I got roped into running a werewolf game and I spent my days off preparing for that instead of posting. I'll have something up on tuesday or you can just do my grab at wills on the guardsman in front of me

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
forget about that, what about Runaways!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I haven't watched more than those first three episodes! But they were good!!!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
are we talking about like, Smallville good? or netflix marvel show that isn't Iron Fist good?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
it wouldn't be wildly out of place on Netflix. Some of the changes are weird, but Gert is awesome, so that's good.

One big complaint: MOLLY HASN'T WORN A CUTE HAT!!!! WTF

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
That's her entire character, those monsters ruined everything.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Soonmot! There's a new Runaways getting published right now? How! Why? Explain it. Can I hope against all common sense that it isn't utter trash?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The very first issue has Chase loving everything up, so it's pretty perfect. Also, Gert is awesome and Molly has a hat.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Does it have much to do with, loving what was it, Totally Not Marvel Hunger Games featuring Arcade? And all that stupid poo poo? Is dumb Chlorophyll plant girl and all those stupid things still hanging around??

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Nope! It's good!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Pretty effective move even if its not by Original Yuriel!!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Hi guys! Hope 2018 is going well for you so far. I’m checking in to say that I expect to have an update for you no later than this weekend! :ohdear:

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
@ Soonmot -:- Runaways is over for the season opinions on the season as a whole? How gay do they get with Koralina? How much terrible dino cgi does Old Lace get?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Robodog posted:

@ Soonmot -:- Runaways is over for the season opinions on the season as a whole? How gay do they get with Koralina? How much terrible dino cgi does Old Lace get?

I did not know this! I'll grab the rest of the episodes and watch them!!

EDIT: like lol
gently caress watching shows a week at a time on a streaming service.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Yeah, I gave up on Runaways until it finished just now. And the new Star Trek I waited until the half season stop and watched all those. Streaming is not the way to watch week by week episodes.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
I'm amazed this is still going. It's been nearly a decade.

Sorry for disappearing early in the game, y'all. I went through a bunch of horrible personal drama and basically vanished for half a year or so. Glad to see you are soldiering on!

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

MMAgCh posted:

Hi guys! Hope 2018 is going well for you so far. I’m checking in to say that I expect to have an update for you no later than this weekend! :ohdear:
Same to you! I am still pumped. Do you need/want any more posts from us first?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Aschlafly posted:

I'm amazed this is still going. It's been nearly a decade.

Sorry for disappearing early in the game, y'all. I went through a bunch of horrible personal drama and basically vanished for half a year or so. Glad to see you are soldiering on!
Hey! I also continue to be (pleasantly) surprised by the game's continued longevity. It helps that we've had a bunch of dedicated players over the years (Soonmot is on his third character!), and Dallan of course has been with us from the very beginning. Though I'm not prepared to analyse what, I guess I must be doing something right. :shobon:

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

Same to you! I am still pumped. Do you need/want any more posts from us first?
I think I'm good. Purely to recap: Alauda and Taali are going for gunnery control while the rest of you are storming the bridge, yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Sounds right. Do we have a chance to spend surges?