Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xephero
Jul 23, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
this thing starts TONIGHT!

Let's check out what's happening monday night

quote:

Monday's headline prime-time speaker will be Michelle Obama.

Other Monday night speakers include:
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi; Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri; Barack Obama's sister Maya Soetero-Ng and Craig Robinson, Michelle Obama's older brother; Jerry Kellman, mentor and long-time friend of Barack Obama; Representative Jesse Jackson, Jr.; former Indiana Representative Lee Hamilton; Tom Balanoff, President of Illinois SEIU; Nancy Keenan, President of NARAL Pro-Choice America; NEA President Reg Weaver; AFT President Randi Weingarten; Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan; State Comptroller Dan Hynes; Illinois State Treasurer Alexi Giannoulis; Chicago City Clerk Miguel del Valle; and Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper.

Monday night will also feature a tribute to Senator Edward M. Kennedy.

gently caress yeah look at all those speakers! poo poo's gonna be off the chain

the full schedule for monday night can be found here

Coverage of the event will of course be on every news channel in the entire world cause america is #1, so tune to your favorite!

tuesday speakers posted:

Senator Hillary Clinton will be the headline prime-time speaker and former Virginia Governor Mark Warner will deliver the keynote address on Tuesday night. Pay Equity pioneer Lilly Ledbetter will also address the Convention on Tuesday.

Other Tuesday speakers will include:
Governor Brian Schweitzer of Montana; Governor Deval Patrick of Massachusetts; Governor Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas; Governor Janet Napolitano of Arizona; Governor Joe Manchin of West Virginia; Governor Jim Doyle of Wisconsin; Governor Ed Rendell of Pennsylvania; Governor Ted Strickland of Ohio; Governor David Paterson of New York; Governor Chet Culver of Iowa; Senator Bob Casey, Jr., of Pennsylvania; Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont; former Secretary of Energy and Transportation Federico Peña; House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer; House Democratic Caucus Chair Rahm Emanuel; Representative Xavier Becerra (D-CA), Assistant to the Speaker of the House; and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) Chair Chris Van Hollen, who will use his time to showcase his top candidates for change.

Representatives Nydia Velazquez (D-NY), Linda Sanchez (D-CA), Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), Mike Honda (D-CA), California Controller John Chiang, Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards, Change To Win’s Anna Burger, and AFL-CIO President John Sweeney will also speak.

wednesday speakers posted:

The headline prime-time speaker on Wednesday will be Vice Presidential Nominee Senator Joe Biden.

Featured speakers will include:
Former President Bill Clinton; former Senator Tom Daschle; Governor Bill Richardson and Senators Evan Bayh, John Kerry and Jay Rockefeller. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Convention home state Senator Ken Salazar, House Majority Whip James E. Clyburn, and Congressman Robert Wexler (D-FL) along with Chicago Mayor Richard Daley. Representative Patrick Murphy (D-PA) and Iraq War veteran Tammy Duckworth will lead a tribute honoring those who give so much to secure our nation’s future – veterans, active duty military and their families.

Thursday night will be obama's speech in INVESCO field, along with colorado governor Bill Ritter.

official (multiple camera angles, spanish alt audio, HDTV, one minute delay): http://gallery1.demconvention.com/
msnbc: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22886841#22886841
cspan: http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN_wm.aspx
cnn: http://www.cnn.com/video/live/live.html?stream=stream1
denverchannel: http://dnc2008.ning.com/

Xephero fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
did not read a single letter

boner school
May 4, 2008
Any live internet feeds that you know of other than the obvious? p. informative thread, thanks

Xephero
Jul 23, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
HI TPAINE!!!

on msnbc chris matthews occasionally talks to the crowd, and whenever he comes across hillary supporters making bullshit claims (the last one brought up the madrassa/muslim thing) he shuts them down :c00l: style

Govtcheez
Dec 31, 2002

by Fragmaster
T-Ked is gonna be there tonight!!!

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Xephero posted:

HI TPAINE!!!

on msnbc chris matthews occasionally talks to the crowd, and whenever he comes across hillary supporters making bullshit claims (the last one brought up the madrassa/muslim thing) he shus them down :c00l: style

the best was when he asked what evidence she had she said "I'm not telling you"

boner school
May 4, 2008
do all these faggots talk on different stages or something or do ppl just have to listen to speeches for 15 hours

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

quote:

Congressman Robert Wexler (D-FL)

Calling this as the convention highlight right here.

Zaibatsu
May 10, 2007
I'm waiting for the moment when they say "NOT!" and give the nod to the PUMA head.

Xephero
Jul 23, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

boner school posted:

Any live internet feeds that you know of other than the obvious? p. informative thread, thanks

if anyone finds any i'll add them to the op

MRI chalk
Oct 22, 2005

by Peatpot
tanks you fo making dis fwead

Bring Out De Beers!
Nov 19, 2007

havin' fun, gettin' people fucked up
chris matthews just bitchslapped (at least verbally) some crazy clinton woman in the crowd outside the arena. she started ranting about obama's madrasah etc and chris was just "what's your source" so she repeatedly said "i'm not telling"

literally

a full grown woman, foaming at the mouth over opinions she formed after reading a super convincing mystery source

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
msnbc: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22886841#22886841
official (multiple camera angles, spanish alt audio, HDTV, one minute delay): http://www.demconvention.com/

Xephero
Jul 23, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

2nd Amend. Jesus posted:

chris matthews just bitchslapped (at least verbally) some crazy clinton woman in the crowd outside the arena. she started ranting about obama's madrasah etc and chris was just "what's your source" so she repeatedly said "i'm not telling"

literally

a full grown woman, foaming at the mouth over opinions she formed after reading a super convincing mystery source

bbbut i'll email it to you! surely you can't resist the allure of an email forward!

here's another couple live feeds too http://dnc2008.ning.com/
added this one and the above ones

REO Teabaggin
May 13, 2008

a more perfect union
I can watch this poo poo in Spanish? :hellyeah:

boner school
May 4, 2008
can we actually keep dnc talk in here because a repeat of the joe biden thread extravaganza would be horrible

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

what "congressional committee" investigates whether obama is a muslim anyway? i mean how does that even come up as a topic

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
So who's the other MSNBC host, Olbermann, Maddow, or both? Please say just Maddow.

SIR, SIR

SIR

Also, they should give Pete Stark a speaking slot for diversity's sake.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
this chick from new mexico is so spanish her last name is madrid

Xephero
Jul 23, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

RightHonourableHolt posted:

So who's the other MSNBC host, Olbermann, Maddow, or both? Please say just Maddow.

SIR, SIR

SIR

chuck todd and david gregory are the ones i've seen, rachel maddow was there for a few minutes and i'm sure olbermann is around somewhere

basically their whole team just moved to denver for the week

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
man this poo poo is worse than the oscars

Bring Out De Beers!
Nov 19, 2007

stasis posted:

what "congressional committee" investigates whether obama is a muslim anyway? i mean how does that even come up as a topic

honestly if there is another terrorist attack I wouldn't be surprised if we had a red scare sequel 'cept with muslims

any guesses which senator would be our new mccarthy?

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

2nd Amend. Jesus posted:

honestly if there is another terrorist attack I wouldn't be surprised if we had a red scare sequel 'cept with muslims

hillary

Bring Out De Beers!
Nov 19, 2007

Brigadier Sockface posted:

hillary

lol I can only hope

Xephero
Jul 23, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

2nd Amend. Jesus posted:

one of the douchiest ones like brownback or graham

or if we're including the house, tom tancredo no question

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

larry craig will uncover all the nasty bad naughty mooslims

Paradol Ex
Nov 8, 2004

by Fragmaster
A tribute to Ted Kennedy? Heh, what they gonna do send a hybrid car full of orphans into a lake?

kylejack
Feb 28, 2006

I'M AN INSUFFERABLE PEDANTIC POMPOUS RACIST TROLL WHO BELIEVES VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM. I SUFFER FROM TERMINAL WHITE GUILT. PLEASE EXPOSE MY LIES OR BETTER YET JUST IGNORE ME!

Xephero posted:

Monday night will also feature a tribute to Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
Murderers who got a 2 month suspended jail sentence that they never served should not have tributes made about them. I know its trite to bring this up, but he should have spent 10 years in jail for this.

Xephero
Jul 23, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
yeah he's not even dead yet i don't really know what the point is

MRI chalk
Oct 22, 2005

by Peatpot

kylejack posted:

Murderers who got a 2 month suspended jail sentence that they never served should not have tributes made about them. I know its trite to bring this up, but he should have spent 10 years in jail for this.

naw it's not trite, it's murder

that said they can still honor the achievements they feel he's made

Wildstrike
Apr 8, 2007

I will gladly pay you my soul Tuesday, for a glut to the longing of my heart's desire today...
Why does it have a cheesy announcer and set from a cheap game show?
Why do they have a comically sized wacky hammer?
Who all these terribly dressed fat people dancing?
Why do the democrats consider themselves to be convened under the will of God with a sacred mission?
Why can no one use the auto-cue, don't they practice these things?
By what definition is the Democratic party the oldest political party in the world?

American politics is so much more fun.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Xephero posted:

one of the douchiest ones like brownback or graham

or if we're including the house, tom tancredo no question

Tancredo isn't running anymore.

Paradol Ex
Nov 8, 2004

by Fragmaster

MRI chalk posted:

naw it's not trite, it's murder

that said they can still honor the achievements they feel he's made

What exactly are his achievements. He sat in the senate for a hundred years. Kudo. Can he point to anything he's done that has actually significantly helped anything?

MRI chalk
Oct 22, 2005

by Peatpot

Paradol Ex posted:

What exactly are his achievements. He sat in the senate for a hundred years. Kudo. Can he point to anything he's done that has actually significantly helped anything?

hey man i ain't settin up the celebration just as much as you ain't

kylejack
Feb 28, 2006

I'M AN INSUFFERABLE PEDANTIC POMPOUS RACIST TROLL WHO BELIEVES VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM. I SUFFER FROM TERMINAL WHITE GUILT. PLEASE EXPOSE MY LIES OR BETTER YET JUST IGNORE ME!
Ted Kennedy also wrote the law that created HMOs and ruined healthcare THANKS TED

Gerudo Rivera
Jan 22, 2005

Hang on a minute, isn't this over already? I just watched the closing ceremonies last night. Those Libs sure know how to throw a party.

The Knobs
Nov 2, 2005

by Fragmaster
i haven't updated my lf.doc file in a while, does the lf consensus hate or like Michelle Obama?

Wildstrike
Apr 8, 2007

I will gladly pay you my soul Tuesday, for a glut to the longing of my heart's desire today...
Honestly this autocue stuff is terrible. I don't think I can cope with them delivering every four words as though they've reached the end of a sentence before discovering they haven't. poo poo is wearing me out.

MRI chalk
Oct 22, 2005

by Peatpot

The Knobs posted:

i haven't updated my lf.doc file in a while, does the lf consensus hate or like Michelle Obama?

i saw Glamour magazine the other day likes her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo
man I bet the democratic national convention is a very easy place to get laid

if you think the pictures in the pumamobile thread are arousing that is