Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
stasis
Nov 4, 2003

what "congressional committee" investigates whether obama is a muslim anyway? i mean how does that even come up as a topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

larry craig will uncover all the nasty bad naughty mooslims

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

perianwyr posted:

man I bet the democratic national convention is a very easy place to get laid

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

The Knobs posted:

LF Momchat

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

only democrats could find a way to piss off not only every single religion but nonreligious people as well

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

didn't pelosi write a book that sold like 10 copies

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

is his half brother that lives on a dollar a month going to speak

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

why can't clinton be as cool of an ex-pres as carter -- he does lots of charity work but can't shut the gently caress up about himself

e: wow, kennedy will actually speak

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

I'm pretty sure Arnold is a big fan of McCain. He campaigned with him. If anyone were to speak, I'd guess Powell? Or maybe Hagel?

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

The best part of this is that he's saying the Kennedy torch is passed to Obama because Bill liked to think that the torch was passed to him.

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

has the obama thread ordered arnold a pizza yet

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

t3ch3 posted:

Sean Hannity would have an anneurism on live TV.

not really the right hates arnold now

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

Paradol Ex posted:

Haha, the loving Obamailures.

So the RNC catchphrase for the DNC convention in Denver is "A mile high and an inch deep" obviously referencing Denver being the mile high city and Obama being a very shallow politician.

At least that's only if you don't hear the dog whistle!

The Obamailures have it all figured out:

well d&d does have a cock thread

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

They've hid Michelle under a rock for the past few months. I wonder what she's going to say.

hello democrats
for the first time in my adult lifetime i was proud of my country
but no longer
god drat america
america's chickens will come home to roost when we're in the white house
allahu akbar and goodnight

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

Seoinin posted:

quick question why the gently caress are matthews and olbermann outside?

they get to feed off the drama the ron pumas provide

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

crossposting puma pix

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

most politicians are just independently wealthy white men who buy their way into power

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

god this is the biggest pander ever

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

this entire convention day has been lots of words with no message at all

let me tell you about my life
let me tell you about my family
let me tell you about my ~boats~

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

Gaybee posted:

is cindy mccain going to make a speech at the republican convention?

she'll introduce mccain and he'll say "get off the stage already you loving oval office!"

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

this is the most awkward convention ever

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

anyone who thinks last night was a good night is a hopeless case

they better do better tonight

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

I like Michelle too, but after the Republican Convention, Obama bin Biden is going to be reduced to a laughingstock just like Jean-Francoise Kerrie. If this is the best Democrats can do, then they are hosed.

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

Hillary at least has self control and will go through the motions and pretend to support Obama. I'm betting Bill is going to end up going on a tangent and talking about himself like always.

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

preview of tonight and tomorrow~

It's All About ME posted:

He said: "Suppose you're a voter, and you've got candidate X and candidate Y. Candidate X agrees with you on everything, but you don't think that candidate can deliver on anything at all. Candidate Y you agree with on about half the issues, but he can deliver. Which candidate are you going to vote for?"

Then, perhaps mindful of how his off-the-cuff remarks might be taken, Clinton added after a pause: "This has nothing to do with what's going on now."

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/bill-clinton-in-denver-again-undercuts-obama-2008-08-26.html

can someone just kick the clintons out of the party already

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

also carville is wearing puma shoes

this is the most worthless political party ever

they throw hissy fits over 2 candidates who have indistinguishable political beliefs while republicans have candidates with significantly more diverse beliefs and unite easily

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

obamatars are dumb and the race thing was played up but clinton is one of the most self-absorbed politicians in modern history and did a great deal to hurt himself

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

lol jimmy carter called obama 'this black boy'

https://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=34615

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

hey guess who's back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiGeC3dBIMk

can someone tell me exactly what obama has to do to "reach out" to hillary voters?

is he supposed to make a mccain-style ad saying "I know you supported Hillary, but _____" because that would just make the media play this poo poo up more

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

is he on speed or something

get off the stage and put your wife on

thank god cable news isnt covering this poo poo, my god democrats are worthless

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

department of peace lol

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

Black Market posted:

anyone know what time hillary is supposed to speak?

the schedule is here

relevant portion:

quote:

Hour # 6 8:02 PM – 9:04 PM (LOCAL)
Remarks
Gloria Craven
Laid-off North Carolina textile worker with huge medical bills

The Honorable Brian Schweitzer
Governor of Montana

Hillary Clinton Segment - Video/Remarks
The Honorable Hillary Rodham Clinton
US Senator, New York

Benediction
Revs. Jin Ho Kang, Yoougsook Kang
Methodists - Aurora, Colorado

Recess
The Honorable Shirley Franklin
Mayor of Atlanta, Georgia

so pretty late for most of the country, which I don't really get

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

RightHonourableHolt posted:

landrieu usually votes with the GOP on energy issues.

all senators support their states over party interests

oil and gas is huge in LA

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

we were in it for yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooou HILLLLLLAARRRRRRRRY!!!!!!

seriously who the gently caress is she kidding? she ran a straight up identity campaign

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

Tangy Zizzle posted:

ladies I know you still support me but KEEP GOING you need to vote for Barack because KEEP GOING he's our only hope for a beautiful future KEEP GOING NEVER STOP

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

PUMA Hillary liveblog at Alegre's site:

quote:

Mark Warner's up with a rather uninspired speech. The keynote speaker, for what it's worth. On the most important day for women, they put a pasty white guy up. What bullshit!

The audacity of John McCain! FOX aired his latest and third add aimed at Hillary supporters. I would personally love it if the Republicans out-performed them on stealing a party base. Just sayin'.

For the record, YouTube obsessive guru Beethoven Queen, creator of Kiss Him Goodbye, is sitting RIGHT behind me! Murphy's here, as is Riverdaughter, and a ton of other PUMAs. It's a great crowd.

FOX is reporting that Hillary is supposed to throw her support to Obama. I want to hear more about this budding fourth wave she alluded to at the Luncheon today.

Holy Crap! Bill Clinton giving an interview and telling some truth on FOX! I need to get more details on this. It's was kinda loud here.

Here she comes!

FOX is covering PUMAs and other Hillary supporters. They are reporting that if the roll call is a sham, as is planned, we will not be happy.

FTR, there are at least 50 PUMAs here.

They are showing the video of Hillary now to introduce here. Playing Petty's American Girl.

In orange, no less! Bill looks great watching her. Says she's here tonight as a proud mother and Democrat, a proud Senator from NY, a proud of America, and sadly, a proud supporter of Barack Obama.

WOW! She is really pushing Obama! Sorry, Hill. I own my vote!

Pushing the Bush angle hard too. Says No McCain. But he pulled ahead today, even as she still beats him in polls!
She's saying that's what Democracy is all about, but I say it's about free and fair elections and this election was anything BUT free and fair!

PUMAs are NOT happy, ftr.

OH MY GOD! She used the Politics of FEAR! She did follow up with Universal Health Care. WOmen's rights, civile rights, and GAY rights. Hell yeah!
She's remembering Gwatney and Tubbs Jones.

Now she's to guilt it. She's right, we DO need to access our courage, but Obama cannot show us that way.

This whole list of "we need a president (insert whatever here)" is not anything he is capable of. Period.

Oh yeah, President CLinton! But Obama is no BILL CLINTON!

gently caress. This is SO disheartneing! PUMAs are weeping all over the place!

She just lied about John McCain.

Okay, that was nice. "MY mother was born before women could vote. My daughter got to vote FOR her mother."

Nope. Not gonna do it. NOBAMA for me. No deal. Not even for you, lady.

She is on FIRE tonight with this speech, even if a quarter or so of it was bogus O-propaganda.

btw, That reference to Sisterhood of the Travelling Pantsuit came from Riverdaughter.

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

Alegre posted:

That's One Place I Can't Follow Her (4.00 / 7)
I just can't do it.

I love this bit though...

Supporters.

Champions (us?)

Sisterhood of the traveling pantsuits.

She mentioned

Bill Gwatney

and Stephanie Tubbs Jones.

Goddess she is SUCH a class act.

Superdelegates - CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
by: Alegre @ Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 22:04:13 PM CDT

and a couple posts down

Alegre posted:

TWIN CITIES - Bush & McCain Next Week (4.00 / 5)
Who wrote this speech? That line was freakin' BRILLIANT!

It's appropriate that George Bush and John McCain will be together in the Twin Cities next week. It's nearly impossible to tell them apart.

Superdelegates - CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
by: Alegre @ Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 22:16:08 PM CDT

lmao

stasis fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 27, 2008

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

so what's the over-under on how many times bill's going to mention himself

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

for some reason the hillary people are obsessed with MO and she knows she's being watched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stasis
Nov 4, 2003

yeah that was a great line