Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corrupt Cypher
Jul 20, 2006
I read the OP's and am still not entirely sure I'm in the right thread, but you guys can firmly point me to the door if I am here in error!

I'm looking at using a NAS for our small office. Basically what I want is a small server (say 1-2TB) in RAID 1 that autosyncs with ~5 laptops, remotely over SSH. From what I can gather I can get a QNAP TS-210 or something similar, then use deltasync on a schedule to have everyone's stuff backed up on there. All of them are Windows machines, if that makes a difference. I'd also like for all the stuff to be accessible at all times from these five computers, so I was thinking a virtual disk with an FTP would also work.

Also, version control is possible on these as well and would be attractive.

So in short, are these things going to be possible with such a cheap device, and will I (a moderately computer literate person) be able to set it up? Any reading or software you guys can recommend would be immensely helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU