Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Yuriel
"You've got that beast Taali and Landra!" the Genasi general shouts. "Well struck! Hold fast, I will re-position to exploit our advantage!"

Yuriel then vanishes completely from reality, drifting through the void toward a better perch from which to oversee this desperate battle.

Standard action: -

Minor action: Inspiring Word on Landra. She can spend a healing surge and regains 5d6 additional hp (Extra healing for Landra: 5d6 21) She also gains 1/2 Int (+4) to her next attack roll from Tactician's Word.

Move action: ->Minor to use Void Assumption:
"You cease to exist and can take no actions until the start of your next turn. You have line of sight and line of effect to no creature, and no creature has line of sight or line of effect to you. At the start of your next turn, you reappear in the square of your choice within 3 squares of the square you left."
:ghost: I'm ghost like Purplie

Save vs. Immobilized: 1d20 17 Yay!

I also made a quick statblock. Not the most detailed ever, but hopefully it helps.

pre:
HP: 99/126 (temp: 0/0)	AC:   37     At-Will:	         Encounter:	              Daily:         
Heal Srg: 9/9 	        Fort: 38     Paint the Bullseye  xVoid Assumption             Warlord's Recovery
Speed: 6		Ref:  36     Risky Shot          Inspiring Word               Call to Action
Initiative: +29	        Will: 31                         Tactician's Invitation       Anticipate the Target
Action Points: 1/1      Perc: 15/25                      Tactician's Favor            xVicious Guardian
Vision: normal          Ins:  13/23                      Self-Sacrificing Strike      Unintended Feint
Resists: 15 psychic                                      xPincer Shot
MBA/RBA: Greatbow of Speed +27, 2d12+19 damage           Reorient the Axis
Shielding Blade Longsword +23, 2d8+10 damage             xInspiring Example
                                                         Aid the Injured
                                                         Noble Presence
                                                         xHelp or Hinder

-Tactical Presence: when an ally Yuriel can see spends an action point to make an extra attack, 
that ally gains a +4 bonus to the first attack roll of that attack and a +8 bonus to the attack's damage roll
-Freedom Requires Vigilance: Yuriel and allies within 3 squares of him gain a 
+2 bonus to initiative and Insight/Perception checks						
-Bow Mastery: Yuriel scores a critical hit on a roll of 19–20 when making a ranged attack with a bow/crossbow
-Prepared For Anything: allies benefitting from Yuriel's Combat Leader class feature gain a +2 bonus to AC until
the end of their first turn
-Diamond Cincture: contains 1 diamond, granting a +1 item bonus to Fortitude
-Karach Ring Mail: the first time Yuriel takes damage during an encounter, he reduces it by 7
-Ring of Feather Fall: Yuriel takes no damage from falls and always lands on his feet
-Anticipate the Target: when an enemy in range is hit by an ally (reaction)
xHelp or Hinder: when an enemy with 5 squares saves or an ally within 5 squares fails to save (interrupt)
-Self-Sacrificing Strike: when an ally within 6 squares is the target of a melee/ranged attack (interrupt)
-Unintended Feint: when an ally within 5 squares misses with an attack (reaction)

Orbs fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
That will be super helpful, ty Klingon, also I'm alive, just work and stuff keeping me at bay. Should be good for the foreseeable future.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
With a hiss that turns into a thin, snarling rasp, the cat perched on the deck returns to its true demonic form. The robed creature glares at the boarders around it, no doubt intending to wreak horrible vengeance upon them as soon as possible!

Of the two githyanki soldiers, one turns his blade on Taaliala but does not even come close to penetrating her defences. His companion on the other side of the ship fares better; bearing down on Marianna, he lands a blow that almost knocks the wizard off her feet. Even so his silver blade leaves her really, genuinely bleeding, not to mention curiously rattled – it’s not a mortal wound, but another hit like that and the rebel queen just might be done for…

Ultrodemon Schemer recharges Hypnotic Gaze (5).
   It saves against Mass Transformation (16-2) and takes 26 damage.
Githyanki Armsman 1 moves AO12->AN13.
   He uses Silver Longsword on Taaliala and misses (A:3+24).
Githyanki Armsman 2 moves AD17->AH20.
   He charges AH20->AM20 and uses Silver Longsword on Marianna, hitting (A:13+25) for 23 damage plus 21 psychic damage, bloodying her; she is marked by him until the end of his next turn.

Combat tracker. Currently up: Klingon.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Marianna
As she feels her own blood flowing again, time seems to slow to a crawl, and Marianna can't help but think of how far she has come... and how far she is from her home. She thinks of their mission to save the gods, lofty and critical, but also all the innocent lives in the city below, no less important. And she looks at her allies in this desperate battle, the adventurers who duped a dragon with her, and who have opened her eyes to new ways to help her kingdom, should she ever return.

Marianna only briefly considers running to make sure she does return, but she quickly realizes that she is more than willing to die for this cause. Still, that is still Plan B. Leveling her orb before her, Marianna chants beneath a determined glare. An array of every color imaginable, some not even possessing names in mortal language, bursts forth from the artifact. The lights that touch her companions bolster them, while the rays that strike her enemies cripple them with a chaotic melange of debilitating effects.

-Standard action- Cast Prismatic Beams: One attack roll checked vs. all defenses against every enemy in Close Blast 5 (going to my right). Enemies save against each effect separately.
If roll hits Reflex defense: 2d6+11 fire damage, and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
If roll hits Fortitude: 2d6+11 poison damage and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
If roll hits Will, target is dazed (save ends)

Githyanki Crew 2: Prismatic Beams vs. GC2: 1d20+27 47 Crit! Of course it had to be on the minion.
Githyanki Armsman 2: Prismatic Beams vs. GA2: 1d20+27 30 Reflex hit, Damage: 2d6+11 21 Poison damage
Ultrodemon Schemer: Prismatic Beams vs. US: 1d20+27 30 Ugh

-Free action: gently caress it, I'm also using the Orb of Petrification daily item power to Petrify the Armsman, save ends.

-Move->Minor: Use Diamond Bracers- Resist 10 Psychic damage until end of encounter

-Minor: Cast Mass Resistance- Marianna and every ally in Close Burst 10 (everyone except Yuriel, lol) gain Resist 12 Poison until end of encounter... Probably should have used this earlier, sorry friends.

Wish I could use Bloodied Greatness finally, but all my encounter powers are Ranged or Area attacks so I would provoke. :smith:

pre:
HP: 33/104 (temp: 0/0)	AC:	33     At-Will:	         Encounter:	              Daily:         
Heal Srg: 6/8 	        Fort:	29     Thunderwave	 xSecond Wind                 Virtue's Touch      xMass Resistance
Speed: 6		Ref:	34     Phantom Bolt	 Surprise Strike              Instant Friends     xTrue Seeing
Initiative: +14		Will:	36     Magic Missile	 xOrb of Imposition           Feather Fall        xShunt Between Worlds
Action Points: 1/2	Perc:	21/31                    Concussive Echo              Refocus             xPrismatic Beams
Vision:	                Ins:	21/31                    Destined for Greatness       Disguise Self        Greater Invisibility
Resists: 10 psychic, 12 poison                           xOrbmaster's Umbral Assault  Wall of Fire         Fly
MBA/RBA: Magic Missile, 16 Force and Cold damage         Gripping Chains       	      Visions of Ruin      xEvard's Ebon Bindings
                                                         Frostburn                    xMass Transformation
                                                         Bloodied Greatness

-xBloody Determination: the first time Marianna is bloodied during an encounter,
    she gains a +5 power bonus to her next attack roll against the enemy responsible
-xGreat Captain: Once per encounter, when Marianna scores a critical hit, every
    ally within 10 squares of her can make a basic attack as a free action.
-Human Perseverance: Marianna gains a +1 feat bonus to all saving throws
-Spell Focus: creatures attempting saving throws against Marianna's wizard spells take -2
-Sympathetic Transference: when Marianna slows, restrains, or immobilises
    an enemy, she can end that condition on an ally within 20 squares of her
-Virtuous Recovery: whenever Marianna spends a healing surge,
    she gains resist all damage 6 until the start of her next turn
-Heroic Action: When Marianna spends an Action Point to take an extra action, 
    she gains Resist 20 to all damage until EOMNT
-xDiamond Cincture: contains 1 diamond, granting a +1 item bonus to Fortitude,
    can expend the diamond to use a healing surge
-Gloves of Missile Avoidance: when hit by a ranged attack,
    gain a +4 power bonus to AC/Reflex against it (interrupt)
-Robe of Eyes: Marianna cannot be blinded
-Bloodied Greatness: when bloodied by an enemy, Marianna uses one of her encounter attack powers
    whether she has expended the power or not (reaction)

Orbs fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 28, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The remaining githyanki crew members redouble their efforts to strike down the boarders. Taaliala continues to prove unassailable, but Marianna and Sszzt fail to dodge the marauders’ crossbow bolts and are left still worse for wear!

A frown on his gaunt face, the githyanki mage also draws closer to the ongoing mêlée. The cloud of solid darkness Alauda left in her wake deters him from unleashing his wrath on the attackers, though, and for the time being he must content himself with circling around to the other side of the ship.

Reminder: petrified creatures have resist 20 to all damage! It is probably a waste of time to attack GA2 until he comes un-stoned.

Githyanki Crew 1 moves AU12->AO13.
   He uses Silver Shortsword on Taaliala and misses (A:3+26).
Githyanki Crew 5 moves X11->AD12.
   He uses Hand Crossbow on Sszzt and hits (A:19+26) for 14 damage, bloodying him.
Githyanki Crew 6 moves Z22->AF21.
   He uses Hand Crossbow on Marianna and hits (A:16+26) for 14 damage.
Githyanki Umbra recharges Shadow Burst (6).*
   He moves Y12->AE19.

Round 5 commences.
The escalation die increases by 1!

* Guess what I’ve been forgetting to roll for these past three rounds. :s

Combat tracker. Currently up: Robodog, Dallan, Soonmot.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Alauda 'Skylark' Songbird

The bright figure of Skylark had a plan, and the githyanki mage and his crew member fall right into her trap. As soon as they round the corner to get away from the dark cloud she left behind, another explodes on top of them. But this one was different. Instead of just embodying darkness in a way few could imagine, this one wept as well. Heavy, thick drops of acid that burnt and ate away at them as they ran into it. It not only burns, but it stings and eats away at the eyes. As one drops, clutching his face as he falls into his death throes, the mage finds that his vision is soon reduced to nothing. Skylark would prefer he not cast spells at her anytime soon.

As for more immediate matters, she teleports next to the demon who so recently returned from being a cat and makes sure he didn't have time to add to the attention Marianna had upon her already. A quick jab with her sword bloods the demon, and hopefully keeps it focused on her. "Might I suggest that Your Grace retreat for a moment before you lose any more blood?" Skylark calls to the Queen, opposite side of the demon to her.

Soul Step thing that what triggered: from AO21 -> AP22
STANDARD: Dark Rain of Mutuz-Vot on AG20, hitting GC6 and GU in the area 2. Dark Rain of Mutuz-Vot vs Fortitude: 1d20+25+4 45 minion dead,
Dark Rain of Mutuz-Vot vs Fortitude gotta target the other guy too apparetly: 1d20+25+4 31 GU got the fort save. 3d8+22 38 GU is flat out blinded. Area 2 zone dark rain remains until end of my next turn, the zone's area is lightly obscured, and each creature that enters the zone or starts its turn there is blinded (save ends).
Pact trigger teleport: AP22 -> AP21
MOVE: Sszzt moving from AF11 -> AE12 to bale up the minion there.
MINOR: White Well Transformation (Secondary Power). White Well Transformation (Secondary Power) vs Will: 1d20+22+4+2 38 US is hit. 10+0 10 US takes 10 damage. Also grants CA to me, and WWT secondary is an arcane at-will so Us is under my lotus stuff now too. So if it attacks me before SOMNT it takes 5 radiant damage and I use immediate reaction to repeat the arcane at-will attack against that enemy alone.

+1 shield bonus to AC/Ref until SONT. +2 item bonus to AC/Ref until EONT. +2 Reflex, +2 Will, +2 Speed because of WWT. Total = +3 AC / +5 Ref / +2 Will / +2 Speed / Insubstantial.

pre:
HP: 85/145 (temp: 0/0)	AC:	37 (Xx)     At-Will:	         Encounter:	                                    Daily:         
Heal Srg: 10/10 (v 36)	Fort:	34 (Xx)     Soul Step		 Second Wind       	Rod of the Feywild (i)	    Summon Warlock's Ally
Speed: 8		Ref:	38 (Xx)     Safe Banishment	 Cloud of Darkness	Well of Light (2/2)	    White Well Invocation 
Initiative: +22		Will:	38 (Xx)     Ethereal Sidestep	 Moonlit Escape		Curse of Blinding Radiance  Lesser Planar Ally  
Action Points: 0/1	Perc:	11/21       Moonfire Blade       Shadow Step            Beguiling Tongue            Dark Rain of Mutuz-Vot
Vision: Darkvision	Ins:	11/21       Eldritch Bolt        Viper Belt (i)         Dazzling Breath (f)         Malicious Guide Star
Resists: Poison 5                           Assassin's Shroud x2 Blackleaf Gloves (i)   Warp Space                  White Well Transformation
MBA/RBA: Moonfire Blade/Eldritch Bolt       Hat of Disguise (i)  Feytouched Armour (i)                              Cloak of Translocation (i)
					    White Well Transformation (Secondary Power)	                            Ring of Shadow Travel (i)

- Once per encounter, I deal an extra 3d8 damage with a weapon attack using a    - Gain a +2 item bonus to AC/Ref until EONT when using a teleport
        one-handed weapon.                                                               power.
- When dealing fear/radiant damage, immediately roll a saving throw to relieve   - Gain a +1 shield bonus to AC/Ref until SONT when hitting with
        a condition I'm suffering.                                                       an attack power using a rod.
- When an enemy attacks me before SOMNT after I hit it with an arcane at-will    - An enemy hit by Moonfire Blade that ends its turn next to me
        attack power, it takes 5 radiant damage.                                         takes DEX mod (+6) radiant damage.
- When an enemy attacks me before SOMNT after I hit it with an arcane at-will    ~ When spending an action point to take an extra action, regain
        attack power, use immediate reaction to repeat the arcane at-will                CHA mod (+8) HP and teleport DEX mod (+6) squares as a free
        attack against that enemy alone.                                                 action before or after taking the extra action.
- I gots a ghost handmaiden, with aura 2 that gives me +2 insight while in it.   ~ Teleport 12 (15 with item encounter power) when I reduce an enemy
- I gots a huge spider, with aura 1 that stops enemies in it from gaining CA             to 0HP or an enemy adjacent to me drop to 0HP, become insubstantial
        against spider allies and gives me CA against enemies in it.                     insubstantial until EOMNT.
- I gots an alert fairy dragon, so enemies don’t get +2 to attack for CA when    ~ Eladrin Boots add 2 squares to the distance of "any teleport you make"
	Beyaz is passive.                                                                (Mostly accounted for)

Robodog fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 30, 2017

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Landra

Inspired by Yuriel's trained-to-command voice and the thrill of the escalating melee around them, Landra finally shakes off the lingering malice of the githyanki wizard's spell, silently vowing revenge for the sheer indignity of it all. In the corner of her eyes she noticed its attempt at a stealthy approach to the edges of the fight,, no doubt to menace them further with its magic, but the looming noxious bulk of the hezrou - and Marianna's struggles with the other remaining demon - were of much more immediate concern. In such close quarters and with the preternatural speed of the fey, she almost sprung between both demons, whirling blades landing telling blows on them both and showering the deck in ichor and worse-smelling things - but thanks to Marianna's desperate magic none of them hindered her in the least, and she kept up that devilish dodging duelist's momentum that had made her the terror of the courts of Deepwreathe and the upper decks of countless ships across Noremien...

Minor: Declare H2 as Hunter's Quarry, replacing GU.
Standard: Wolverine Claw Strike vs US, H2 (AC: 36, 34):
Effect: Shift 2 squares to AO19
Attack 1 vs US: 1d20+25+4 (escalation) +4 (Tactician's Word) 45 hit 2d8r1+15 30 damage
Effect: Shift 2 squares back to AN17
Attack 2 vs. H2:
Effect: Take 10 poison damage from Noxious Stench, resist 12, no damage
1d20+25+4 (escalation) +2 (Bravo's Prey) +2 (CA, flanking with Taali) 49 hit 2d8r1+3d6+15+2 40 damage
Effect: Dancing Defense: Landra gains +2 AC/Reflex until SoLNT

doing the math I think it was literally impossible to miss with either of those attacks and you have NO IDEA how therapeutic that was

pre:
HP:  141/141 (temp: 0/0)		AC:	37 (Xx)     At-Will:	        Encounter:	                    		Daily:         
Heal Srg: 6/8 (v 35)		Fort:	33 (Xx)     Combat Challenge	Second Wind       	Into the Fray	    	Blade Cascade
Speed: 6			Ref:	35 (Xx)     Hunter's Quarry 	Fey Step		Cross-Body Parry	Nimble Bladestorm
Initiative: +20			Will:	30 (Xx)     Twin Strike 	Insightful Riposte	Blades from All Angles  Relentless Assailant
Action Points: 0/1		Perc:	19/29       Footwork Lure       Yield Ground    	Bravo's Prey   		Misleading Bladework
Vision: Low Light		Ins:	17/27       General's Blade (i) Wolverine Claw Strike	Elven Battle Armor (i)	Blade Dance
Resists: None		                            Acrobat Boots (i)  	Unbalancing Dodge       Strikebacks (i)         Quickhit Bracers (i)
									Come and Get It         Scabbard of 		War Ring (i)	
												Sacred Might (MH) (i)   General's Blade (i)
MH/OH: Vicious Scimitar +4 (+23, 1d8+13, +2d8+5d12 crit)/General's Blade (+23, 1d8+13 cold dmg, +2d8+4d6 cold crit)	

Features:
Cannot be surprised (Alertness)					Does 6 damage on misses with scimitars (Scimitar Dance)
+5 bonus to saving throws against charm, slowed			Deals an extra 1d6 damage when hitting with both weapons
or immobilized (Eladrin, Elven Battle Armor)			in one power (Quickhit Braces)
+2 to AC and Reflex when hitting twice on one turn		Vicious Scimitar gains Brutal 1 while attacking with CA
while wielding two weapons (Dancing Defense)			(Two-Weapon Ambush)
+1 to hit on opportunity attacks (Strikebacks)			Can make extra saving throw against Dazed or Stunned at start of her turn  
Can stand or escape grabs/restraints as minor action 		(Circlet of Arkhosia)
(Acrobat Boots, Rogue's Belt)
1/turn, first target hit with a cold keyword power gains	When using cold keyword powers, Landra gains CA against all
vulnerable 5 cold after attack until EOMNT (Lasting Frost)	targets vulnerable to cold (Wintertouched)

Interrupts:
Unless otherwise specified, mark all attacked enemies & take all OAs. 	
Use Unbalancing Dodge when missed by a non-minion opponent.
Use Cross-Body Parry if the Umbra or one of the demons attacks her in melee

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 3, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Taaliala drags the thrashing demon across the deck for several feet to batter its considerable bulk into the nearby githyanki with horrible force. One of them is outright crushed to death; the other manages to save himself by diving gracelessly to the floor, temporarily inconvenienced but still alive at least.

The hezrou, for its part, strikes back at its malefactor without much success…but the uppercut the elf throws in response misses its mark as well. Perhaps it’s because slowly but surely, the thing’s abominable stench is getting to her?

I made an exception in letting Battering Ram kill the minion because it was a crit, for the record.

Taaliala sustains her grab on Hezrou 2.
   She uses Subtle Step to shift AN14->AP15.
   She uses Battering Ram, moving AP15->AQ13 while pulling Hezrou 2 AN15->AO14, and crits (F:20+33) for 45 damage and 20 fire damage…
      Free action: Hezrou 2 uses Variable Resistance to gain resist 20 fire until the end of the encounter or until it uses this power again.
   …(20-20) 0 fire damage, knocking Hezrou 2 and Githyanki Armsman 1 prone and killing Githyanki Crew 1, and taking (20-12) 8 poison damage from Noxious Stench.

Hezrou 2 fails to recharge Bite (3).
   It stands up.
   It uses Slam on Taaliala and misses (A:3+27)…
      Immediate reaction: Taaliala uses Bare-Knuckled Rebuke Attack on Hezrou 2 and misses (A:2+33), taking (20-12) 8 poison damage from Noxious Stench.

Combat tracker. Currently up: Purplie. Hopefully!

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Post tomorrow, work has been kicking my rear end for a few weeks, but I'll have something up tomorrow evening.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
I'll hold you to that, otherwise Yuriel with 'accidentally' be getting warp spaced overboard!

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Re-appear at AL11

RBA hits and RIPs Crewman 5, (forgot escalation die, still hits)

Action Point, granting Taali a basic attack on the Hezrou

Risky Shot hits the Hezrou for 46, I grant CA UEoMNT

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 21, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
With the second hezrou felled by an arrow straight through the eye, one would expect the tide to be turning at last…but, truthfully speaking, things still are not looking all that good for the boarders. The robed demon, for one, cuts Marianna down with an almost disdainful slash of its bizarre blade. Stepping away from her limp form, it then turns its otherworldly gaze on Alauda; the bardess ultimately is not fazed by it, regardless of the curiously murderous desire that briefly flares up in the back of her mind.

The githyanki soldier brought down by Taaliala, meanwhile, exacts his vengeance on the elf by way of trying very hard to skewer her kidney with his longsword. Though one of her enchanted rings lashes out at him in turn he comes painfully close to succeeding, and while it’s not a fatal blow, if she suffers any more like it she will no doubt be down for the count!

Risky Shot killed the hezrou in any case, so I have an excuse for forgetting about the free attack Taaliala got. :shobon:

Ultrodemon Schemer uses Longsword on Marianna, hitting (A:11+27) for 30 damage; she is dazed until the end of its next turn and dying.
   It shifts AO20->AN21.
   It uses Treacherous Gaze on Alauda and misses (W:8+25).
Githyanki Armsman 1 stands up.
   He charges AN13->AP13 and critically hits Taaliala (A:20+25) for 40 damage plus 12 psychic damage, bloodying her; he takes 10 force damage from her Ring of Circling Fangs.
Githyanki Armsman 2 takes ongoing (5-20) 0 fire damage.
   He fails to save against ongoing 5 fire damage (2-2).
   He saves against being petrified (14).

Combat tracker. Currently up: Klingon…sort of.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 22, 2017

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Well at least Marianna's not totally dead yet
Death save #1: 1d20 15

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Streamers of pure shadow trail from the eyes of the robed githyanki as he emerges from the umbral cloud invoked by Alauda, but he does not appear to be as perturbed by it as one might imagine someone in his situation to be – perhaps he is familiar enough with darkness to call it a friend of sorts. Even so, his attempt to bring down a haunting spirit on Yuriel is an evident failure, as easy a victim as the genasi ought to prove by all rights.

Githyanki Umbra becomes blinded (save ends).
   He moves AE19->AG15.
   He uses Haunting Shadow on Yuriel and misses (F:11+24).
   He saves against being blinded (17+2).

Combat tracker. Currently up: Robodog, Dallan, Soonmot.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

A flash of light brings to two githyanki a much more able target than the downed Queen, as Skylark appears in front of them and swiftly buries her moonblade deep into the shoulder of the demonic figure. It wasn't enough to kill it, but she knew that it would only take her one more hit like that to send it back to the hell which it was summon from.

"Cousin!" She shouts. "Take down the mage!" And to help her kin, the beaten but not broken Sszzt moves to flank the githyanki.

Free: Tossing a shroud onto armsman #2.
Move: Warp Space, targeting myself and Marianna. Skylark is teleporting to AN20. Marianna is teleporting to AT16, right on top of the turret and out of the way of the deck danger. Just a normal teleport to end up at AN20
Sszzt move: waddling to AF16
Standard: Well of Light against Schemer, tossing in my executioner bonus onto it too (3d8 for the executioner). Well of Light vs AC on the ultro schemer: 1d20+27+5 38 - HIT 3d12+3d8+30 71
Minor: Cloak of Translocation minor to recharge Warp Space Got all that wrong, so moving to WWT secondary instead on the schemer. White Well Transformation (Secondary Power) vs Will: 1d20+22+5 30 10+0 10 miss

+1 shield bonus to AC/Ref until SONT. +2 item bonus to AC/Ref until EONT. +2 Reflex, +2 Will, +2 Speed because of WWT. Total = +3 AC / +5 Ref / +2 Will / +2 Speed / Insubstantial.

pre:
HP: 85/145 (temp: 0/0)	AC:	37 (Xx)     At-Will:	         Encounter:	                                    Daily:         
Heal Srg: 10/10 (v 36)	Fort:	34 (Xx)     Soul Step		 Second Wind       	Rod of the Feywild (i)	    Summon Warlock's Ally
Speed: 8		Ref:	38 (Xx)     Safe Banishment	 Cloud of Darkness	Well of Light (2/2)	    White Well Invocation 
Initiative: +22		Will:	38 (Xx)     Ethereal Sidestep	 Moonlit Escape		Curse of Blinding Radiance  Lesser Planar Ally  
Action Points: 0/1	Perc:	11/21       Moonfire Blade       Shadow Step            Beguiling Tongue            Dark Rain of Mutuz-Vot
Vision: Darkvision	Ins:	11/21       Eldritch Bolt        Viper Belt (i)         Dazzling Breath (f)         Malicious Guide Star
Resists: Poison 5                           Assassin's Shroud x2 Blackleaf Gloves (i)   Warp Space                  White Well Transformation
MBA/RBA: Moonfire Blade/Eldritch Bolt       Hat of Disguise (i)  Feytouched Armour (i)                              Cloak of Translocation (i)
					    White Well Transformation (Secondary Power)	                            Ring of Shadow Travel (i)

- Once per encounter, I deal an extra 3d8 damage with a weapon attack using a    - Gain a +2 item bonus to AC/Ref until EONT when using a teleport
        one-handed weapon.                                                               power.
- When dealing fear/radiant damage, immediately roll a saving throw to relieve   - Gain a +1 shield bonus to AC/Ref until SONT when hitting with
        a condition I'm suffering.                                                       an attack power using a rod.
- When an enemy attacks me before SOMNT after I hit it with an arcane at-will    - An enemy hit by Moonfire Blade that ends its turn next to me
        attack power, it takes 5 radiant damage.                                         takes DEX mod (+6) radiant damage.
- When an enemy attacks me before SOMNT after I hit it with an arcane at-will    ~ When spending an action point to take an extra action, regain
        attack power, use immediate reaction to repeat the arcane at-will                CHA mod (+8) HP and teleport DEX mod (+6) squares as a free
        attack against that enemy alone.                                                 action before or after taking the extra action.
- I gots a ghost handmaiden, with aura 2 that gives me +2 insight while in it.   ~ Teleport 12 (15 with item encounter power) when I reduce an enemy
- I gots a huge spider, with aura 1 that stops enemies in it from gaining CA             to 0HP or an enemy adjacent to me drop to 0HP, become insubstantial
        against spider allies and gives me CA against enemies in it.                     insubstantial until EOMNT.
- I gots an alert fairy dragon, so enemies don’t get +2 to attack for CA when    ~ Eladrin Boots add 2 squares to the distance of "any teleport you make"
	Beyaz is passive.                                                                (Mostly accounted for)

Robodog fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 6, 2017

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Landra

"Don't mind if I do, coz!" The stubborn resistance of the gith took some of the relish out of her voice as she acknowledged Alauda's suggestion, but only some. The wizard's magic had vexed her sorely since they had boarded the ship at all, and as she rounded the mast at speed, she already ached to return the favour with a few feet worth of steel, and gloried in the fact that tactical advantage of hampering its magic and the fierce joy of impending revenge agreed, for once.

Minor: Activate Elven Battle Armor, +2 to speed until EoLNT
Move: ->AN15->AH14
Standard: Twin Strike vs GU (AC: 34): 2#1d20+23+5 (escalation) +2 (CA) 41 hit 32 miss

2d8r1+9 15 2d8+9 19 6, 21 damage total

pre:
HP:  141/141 (temp: 0/0)		AC:	37 (Xx)     At-Will:	        Encounter:	                    		Daily:         
Heal Srg: 6/8 (v 35)		Fort:	33 (Xx)     Combat Challenge	Second Wind       	Into the Fray	    	Blade Cascade
Speed: 6			Ref:	35 (Xx)     Hunter's Quarry 	Fey Step		Cross-Body Parry	Nimble Bladestorm
Initiative: +20			Will:	30 (Xx)     Twin Strike 	Insightful Riposte	Blades from All Angles  Relentless Assailant
Action Points: 0/1		Perc:	19/29       Footwork Lure       Yield Ground    	Bravo's Prey   		Misleading Bladework
Vision: Low Light		Ins:	17/27       General's Blade (i) Wolverine Claw Strike	Elven Battle Armor (i)	Blade Dance
Resists: None		                            Acrobat Boots (i)  	Unbalancing Dodge       Strikebacks (i)         Quickhit Bracers (i)
MH/OH: Vicious Scimitar +4 (+23, 1d8+13, +2d8+5d12 crit)/General's Blade (+23, 1d8+13 cold dmg, +2d8+4d6 cold crit)	

Features:
Cannot be surprised (Alertness)					Does 6 damage on misses with scimitars (Scimitar Dance)
+5 bonus to saving throws against charm, slowed			Deals an extra 1d6 damage when hitting with both weapons
+2 to AC and Reflex when hitting twice on one turn		Vicious Scimitar gains Brutal 1 while attacking with CA
+1 to hit on opportunity attacks (Strikebacks)			Can make extra saving throw against Dazed or Stunned at start of her turn  
1/turn, first target hit with a cold keyword power gains	When using cold keyword powers, Landra gains CA against all
vulnerable 5 cold after attack until EOMNT (Lasting Frost)	targets vulnerable to cold (Wintertouched)

Interrupts:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Taali

The blood streaming from her side seems thicker than it should be for an elf, it steams in the air and, as it pools at feet it seems to clot almost immediately. If anyone had the time to notice, in the thick of battle, they'd swear she was bleeding lava. If the loss of vitsal fluids was alarming to the scarred elf, she didn't show it. When the gith pulled its sword back, Taali's scream of pain was more of a laugh, an exultation in the chaos of battle and a shout to the heavens that she, Taalila Flamekissed was still alive, but many others on this ship soon would not be.

Her grin is bright as she pummels the gith directly in the face with her flaming fist, the crunch of bone is audible, but before the armsman can react, her unarmored fit follows up connecting under the pirate's jaw and knocking the thing senseless.

Second wind: Heal 35 hp +2 to all defense EoMNT, Action point: +10 damage to standard action attacks, All Bets Are Off, Primary attack gith armsman: 1d20+34 42]damage primary: 2d8+28 42Secondary attack vs ac: 1d20+36 45Secondary damage: 1d6+28 30 (escalation die +5) (72 damage total) Dazed until EoMNT
If damaged by armsman, use Deadly Payback

pre:
HP: 57/147 (temp: 0/0)   AC: 36     At-Will:	        Encounter:                           Daily:
Heal Srg: 9/10 (v 35)  Fort: 40     Combat Challenge   Second Wind       Bludgeoning Vise   Bare-Knuckled Rebuke   Spiderkissed Gauntlet (i)
Speed: 6                 Ref: 36     Combat Agility     Subtle Step       Body Shield        Deadly Payback         R. of t. Dragonb. Emp. (i)
Initiative: +19         Will: 30     Grappling Strike   Vicious Assault   All Bets Are Off   Relentless Headlock    Cat Tabi (i)
Action Points: 1/1      Perc: 14/24  Slash & Pummel     Forceful Drag     Stranglehold       Pugilists Resolve     Quickhit Braces (i)
Vision: Low Light        Ins: 12/22  Makeshift Shield   Battering Ram     R. of C. Fngs (i)  Lion of Battle
Resists: 10 Fire/Necrotic            R. of C. Fngs (i)
MBA: Flamekissed Spiked Gauntlet +5 (+29, 2d8+16, crit: +5d6 Fire)

Features:
Non-elf allies within 5 squares gain +1 racial          Deal 7 damage on missed grab attacks (Wrenching Grasp)       
   bonus to Perception checks (Group Awareness)         Can shift as a minor action during first turn
Grabbed creatures must make escape check                   in encounter (Martial Alacrity)
   against Fortitude (Inescapable Hold)                 Doesn’t grant CA due to being flanked (Eyes in…)
Grabbed creatures take 7 damage on failed               Can make MBA as imm. Reaction when pushed/pulled/slid
   escape attempts (Crushing Pin)                          adjacent to enemy (Agile Opportunist)
+2 bonus to melee damage rolls against bloodied         Knock creature prone on crit with grab attack (Hip Throw)
   foes (Blood Thirst)                                  Gain cumulative +2 bonus to saves against an effect when
Grabbed creatures take 13 damage when grab                 failing a save against that effect (Will of Siberys)
   is sustained (Crushing Hold)                         Gain +1 bonus to attack rolls until the end of the next
Gain 10 THP when using Vicious Assault or                  turn when reducing a non-minion enemy below 1 hit
   scoring a crit (L10 Reaver feature)                     point (L5 Reaver feature)

Enemies that can see Taaliala take -2 penalty to        While Taaliala is bloodied, adjacent creatures that
   saving throws against fear (Skull Mask)                 attack her take 10 force damage (R. of Circling Fangs)
Gain a +3 bonus to Athletics checks to jump.            Taaliala deals an extra 1d6 damage when hitting
   Taaliala takes half damage from falls and               a creature with her main weapon and off-hand weapon
   always lands on her feet (Cat Tabi)                     using a power (Quickhit Braces)

Interrupts:

AOO: Use Grappling Strike
Enemy Misses attack on Taali, Bare Knuckle Rebuke Stance active: Use BKR at will
Enemy Misses attack on Taali, Pugilist's resolve stance acive: Use PR at will
Enemy Crits with Close or Melee: Makeshift Shield
Enemy Crits with Melee or ranged attack, another enemy adjacent: Use Body Shield
Elite or greater enemy bloodies/ hits taali while she is bloody: Killing Menace
Elite or greater enemy bloodies Taali: Use Ring of Dragonborn Emporor power

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh hey actually, Purplie is up!

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Will post Saturday evening.

Move to AM15
Inspiring Word on Marianna
Risky Shot hits US for 40
Action Point, Granting Taali an MBA on her target
Risky shot hits US again, it's super ultra dead
I grant CA UEoMNT
If Mari gets targeted, I'll use Self-Sacrificing Strike.

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 19, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Though reeling from the punches flung his way, the githyanki soldier growls something (most likely offensive) in his own tongue and brings his blade around, managing to land a telling hit on Taaliala in return. Neither of them is in good shape at this point, and it is anyone’s guess which of them will be the first to drop!

The other githyanki, still smouldering from the spell cast on him earlier and no doubt considering the barely revived Marianna as good a target as any, finds his swing rudely interrupted by Yuriel, who bodily pushes the prone wizard out of the way to intercept the attack – and not only does he turn it aside harmlessly with his bow, he simultaneously uses his weapon to speed an arrow into the marauder point blank. With no hopes of dodging the projectile at this range the githyanki simply snarls at Yuriel as injury is added to insult for a change, though there’s certainly a promise of future pain in it!

Yuriel heals Marianna for an additional 17 hit points. The melee basic attack Taaliala gets to make against GA1 hits for 34 damage. The death of the Ultrodemon Schemer lets Alauda use Soul Step to teleport AN20->AM19 and become insubstantial until the end of her next turn.

Githyanki Armsman 1 uses Silver Longsword on Taaliala, taking 10 force damage from her Ring of Circling Fangs, and hits (A:17+24) for 33 plus 9 psychic damage; she is marked by him until the end of his next turn…
      Immediate reaction: Taaliala uses Deadly Payback, gaining a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls against Githyanki Armsman 1 until the end of her next turn.
Githyanki Armsman 2 takes ongoing 5 fire damage.
   He uses Silver Longsword on Marianna…
      Immediate interrupt: Yuriel uses Self-Sacrificing Strike, shifting AM15->AN18, sliding Marianna AN19->AM18, shifting AN18->A19, and hitting Githyanki Armsman 2 (A:14+32) for 40 damage, gaining a +2 power bonus to all defences against the triggering attack.
   He uses Silver Longsword on Yuriel and misses (A:11+26).
   He saves against ongoing 5 fire damage (15-2).

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Marianna

Brought back from death's door by Yuriel's noble presence and her own determination, Marianna struggles to her feet. "Thank you for coming to my aid, Alauda, Yuriel," she says as she readies her orb to resume the attack. "I won't forget it." Her smile is less from the thrill of battle now, and more from genuine relief at not dying today. Marianna calls forth a burst of magic designed to keep her remaining would-be killer in place while her allies bring him down.

Move: Stand up from prone
Standard: Cast Gripping Chains anywhere it will reach Githyanki Armsman #2. AM-22 we'll say.
Gripping Chains vs. Reflex: 1d20+24 38
Gripping Chains damage: 3d6+11 18 Force damage

Hit: Until the end of my next turn, the target is Slowed and provokes attacks of opportunity when it shifts.

pre:
HP: 43/104 (temp: 0/0)	AC:	33     At-Will:	         Encounter:	              Daily:         
Heal Srg: 5/8 	        Fort:	29     Thunderwave	 xSecond Wind                 Virtue's Touch      xMass Resistance
Speed: 6		Ref:	34     Phantom Bolt	 Surprise Strike              Instant Friends     xTrue Seeing
Initiative: +14		Will:	36     Magic Missile	 xOrb of Imposition           Feather Fall        xShunt Between Worlds
Action Points: 1/2	Perc:	21/31                    Concussive Echo              Refocus             xPrismatic Beams
Vision:	                Ins:	21/31                    Destined for Greatness       Disguise Self        Greater Invisibility
Resists: 10 psychic, 12 poison                           xOrbmaster's Umbral Assault  Wall of Fire         Fly
MBA/RBA: Magic Missile, 16 Force and Cold damage         xGripping Chains             Visions of Ruin      xEvard's Ebon Bindings
                                                         Bloodied Greatness

-xBloody Determination: the first time Marianna is bloodied during an encounter,
    she gains a +5 power bonus to her next attack roll against the enemy responsible
-Spell Focus: creatures attempting saving throws against Marianna's wizard spells take -2
-xGloves of Missile Avoidance: when hit by a ranged attack,
-Bloodied Greatness: when bloodied by an enemy, Marianna uses one of her encounter attack powers

Orbs fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 20, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The githyanki mage steps away from Landra, desiring some room to work his magic. In the process he seems to underestimates Sszzt, however, whose mandibles leave a nasty mark on the umbra’s leg as he concentrates on channelling whatever fell spirits do his bidding. The spider’s efforts do not suffice to ruin the spell, though, and moments later Landra feels that eerily familiar sepulchral chill brush against her soul again!

Githyanki Umbra shifts AG15->AF14.
   He uses Haunting Shadow on Landra…
      Opportunity attack: Sszzt hits (A:17+31) for 23 damage.
   He hits Landra (F:13+29) for 30 necrotic damage; she is haunted (save ends).
   He uses Call to the Shadows and misses Landra (F:3+29).

Round 7 commences.
The escalation die increases by 1!

Combat tracker. Currently up: Robodog, Dallan, Soonmot, Purplie.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 22, 2017

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

When Marianna stands back up, Skylark knew it. The tide of battle had finally turned, and victory was only moments away. "Pay me back by unleashing all you've got on these marauding bastards!" She calls out to the queen, not turning her back to the githyanki for even a moment. With the demon dead, it was time for the swordsman to fall too. And when mystic chains wrap themselves around him, Skylark wasted no time lining up a killshot. Weakened to her radiant moonlight, Alauda glows almost too brightly to see as she skilfully buries her moonblade up to the hilt down through the githyanki's neck.

"Get to Taali before she bleeds out!" She leaves the general and queen with, as her form disappears into silvery fog. The umbra, trying to hard to slip backwards away from Landra, gets an unwanted surprise when suddenly the moon's avatar bursts into being behind him. "Got your back, cuz!" Skylark bellows, her blade still dripping in githyanki blood. "He's not slipping away through us!" Sszzt bears up on his legs, his wounds not getting the better of him yet. This was a battle hardened war spider, after all. And to box the githyanki mage in further, Skylark beckons from her own moonlight and brings forth a spear-weilding attendant to her side. Though this new spirit's expression betrayed little, it was clear that she knew what her target was and what it was she had to do here.

Free: Tossing a shroud onto armsman #2.
Standard: Using well of light against the armsman #2, and activating both assassin shrouds. Well of Light vs AC: 1d20+27+6 39 3d12+30 55 2d6+12 18 HIT and, including a vulnerable 3 to my radiant attacks from well of light aura, for 76 damage.
Minor: WWT secondary instead on the armsman #2. White Well Transformation (Secondary Power) vs Will: 1d20+22+6 43 10+0 10 add in vulnerable 3 to my radiant attacks and that 13 damage. 89 total damage total = DEAD ARMSMAN#2
Soul step: AM19->AF18
Move: Summon Warlock's Ally, putting Mourning Handmaiden on AF14.
Sszzt move: shift AF16->AE16 no CA for umbra against skylark or landra.

pre:
Speed: 8		Ref:	38 (Xx)     Safe Banishment	 Cloud of Darkness	Well of Light (1/2)	    White Well Invocation 

Robodog fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 21, 2017

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Landra

"Oh no, no more of your tricks today," she snarls as the enemy wizard tries to backtrack. Following with an acrobat's grace, she pursues along the edge of the hatch to hem the gith in between her and both her cousin's eerie allies, lashing out with both blades to score deep and telling wounds, the flowing power of her heritage paling the alien skin around them with cold even as they bleed, and the first signs of triumph forcing back the malign magic before it could even truly take hold of her mind again.

"This...foulness of yours, all of it, has gone on long enough." She didn't even care if it could understand her, and by the look of things it wouldn't matter for much longer anyway.

Take 15 psychic damage
Move: ->AG14
Minor: Declare the Umbra as Hunter's Quarry
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC (GU: 34): 2#1d20+23+6 (escalation) +2 (CA) -2 (Haunted) 42 47 hit, hit

2d8r1+9 14
2d8+9 18 cold
3d6 (Hunter's Quarry) 15
1d6 (Quickhit Braces) 6

Total 53 damage

Effect: Landra gains +2 AC/Ref until SOLNT
Effect: Umbra gains vulnerable 5 cold until EOLNT
Saving throw vs. Haunted: 1d20 12, saved.

pre:
HP:  96/141 (temp: 0/0)		AC:	37 (Xx)     At-Will:	        Encounter:	                    		Daily:         

Features:

Interrupts:

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 24, 2017

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Taali

Bleeding and battered, Taali coughs up blood, leaving small smoking spatters on the deck of the ship. Clearly on her last reserves, she wipes the steaming blood from her red stained mouth only to suddenly backhand the gith with her flaming, charred gauntlet, latching onto the creatures neck with her free hand. It's not enough to kill it, but she's more than willing to stare her death in it's face.

Grappling Strike: 1d20+35 40 escalation die +6 damage: 2d8+20 26 +2 damage vs bloodied targets
pre:
HP: 16/147 (temp: 0/0)   AC: 36     At-Will:	        Encounter:                           Daily:
Heal Srg: 9/10 (v 35)  Fort: 40     Combat Challenge   Second Wind       Bludgeoning Vise   Bare-Knuckled Rebuke   Spiderkissed Gauntlet (i)
Speed: 6                 Ref: 36     Combat Agility     Subtle Step       Body Shield        Deadly Payback         R. of t. Dragonb. Emp. (i)
Initiative: +19         Will: 30     Grappling Strike   Vicious Assault   All Bets Are Off   Relentless Headlock    Cat Tabi (i)
Action Points: 1/1      Perc: 14/24  Slash & Pummel     Forceful Drag     Stranglehold       Pugilists Resolve     Quickhit Braces (i)
Vision: Low Light        Ins: 12/22  Makeshift Shield   Battering Ram     R. of C. Fngs (i)  Lion of Battle
Resists: 10 Fire/Necrotic            R. of C. Fngs (i)
MBA: Flamekissed Spiked Gauntlet +5 (+29, 2d8+16, crit: +5d6 Fire)

Features:
Non-elf allies within 5 squares gain +1 racial          Deal 7 damage on missed grab attacks (Wrenching Grasp)       
   bonus to Perception checks (Group Awareness)         Can shift as a minor action during first turn
Grabbed creatures must make escape check                   in encounter (Martial Alacrity)
   against Fortitude (Inescapable Hold)                 Doesn’t grant CA due to being flanked (Eyes in…)
Grabbed creatures take 7 damage on failed               Can make MBA as imm. Reaction when pushed/pulled/slid
   escape attempts (Crushing Pin)                          adjacent to enemy (Agile Opportunist)
+2 bonus to melee damage rolls against bloodied         Knock creature prone on crit with grab attack (Hip Throw)
   foes (Blood Thirst)                                  Gain cumulative +2 bonus to saves against an effect when
Grabbed creatures take 13 damage when grab                 failing a save against that effect (Will of Siberys)
   is sustained (Crushing Hold)                         Gain +1 bonus to attack rolls until the end of the next
Gain 10 THP when using Vicious Assault or                  turn when reducing a non-minion enemy below 1 hit
   scoring a crit (L10 Reaver feature)                     point (L5 Reaver feature)

Enemies that can see Taaliala take -2 penalty to        While Taaliala is bloodied, adjacent creatures that
   saving throws against fear (Skull Mask)                 attack her take 10 force damage (R. of Circling Fangs)
Gain a +3 bonus to Athletics checks to jump.            Taaliala deals an extra 1d6 damage when hitting
   Taaliala takes half damage from falls and               a creature with her main weapon and off-hand weapon
   always lands on her feet (Cat Tabi)                     using a power (Quickhit Braces)

Interrupts:

AOO: Use Grappling Strike
Enemy Misses attack on Taali, Bare Knuckle Rebuke Stance active: Use BKR at will
Enemy Misses attack on Taali, Pugilist's resolve stance acive: Use PR at will
Enemy Crits with Close or Melee: Makeshift Shield
Enemy Crits with Melee or ranged attack, another enemy adjacent: Use Body Shield
Elite or greater enemy bloodies/ hits taali while she is bloody: Killing Menace
Elite or greater enemy bloodies Taali: Use Ring of Dragonborn Emporor power

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
After addressing a few inspiring words to Taaliala, Yuriel moves across the deck to get a serviceable angle on the githyanki mage. The arrow he proceeds to loose finds its mark; apart from further injuring the robed one, it also creates an opportunity for one of his allies to exploit if they’re quick enough to follow up on his attack!

Locked in combat with Taaliala and very much on his last legs, the remaining githyanki armsman nevertheless attempts to strike at the elf. It is the last thing he ever does: one of her enchanted rings reacts violently to the attack, peppering the githyanki with a hail of tiny slivers of pure force. He slips from Taaliala’s grasp with his throat punctured in half a hundred places, gurgling and choking on his own blood and dying within a matter of highly unpleasant moments.

So, yeah. I should have done this days ago, but better late than never. Right?

Yuriel uses Inspiring Word on Taaliala: she spends a healing surge and regains 51 hit points, and gains a +4 bonus to her next attack roll before the start of Yuriel’s next turn.
   He moves AN19->AH21.
   He uses Tactician’s Invitation on Githyanki Umbra and hits (A:8+33) for 29 damage; the next ally to hit Githyanki Umbra before the end of Yuriel’s next turn can slide the target 2 squares, shift 2 squares, or deal 4 extra damage to the target.

Githyanki Armsman 1 uses Silver Longsword on Taaliala; he takes 10 force damage from her Ring of Circling Fangs and dies.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Marianna

Marianna casts another spell at the githyanki mage still standing, determined to help her comrades bring him down so they can proceed with their mission. Though the tide seems to have turned, the pain and bloodstains on her robes serve as a clear reminder of the cost of overconfidence, and she forces herself to stay focused.

Move: To AG-20
Standard: Casting Phantom Bolt on Githyanki Umbra
Phantom Bolt vs. Githyanki Umbra Will: 1d20+30 40
Phantom Bolt Damage: 2d8+11 18 (+5 from the cold vulnerability, +4 from Tactician's Invitation= 27 final Psychic and Cold damage)
It can also slide the target 1 square, but it's fine if I keep him where he is, right?
Minor: none

(Also I screwed up before; my Magic Missile doesn't deal cold damage because I was working with the version of Marianna where I took Arcane Admixture - Cold for MM instead of for Phantom Bolt; I've corrected that in the statblock now, though I may retrain that later)

pre:
HP: 43/104 (temp: 0/0)	AC:	33     At-Will:	         Encounter:	              Daily:         
Heal Srg: 5/8 	        Fort:	29     Thunderwave	 xSecond Wind                 Virtue's Touch      xMass Resistance
MBA/RBA: Magic Missile, 16 Force damage                  xGripping Chains             Visions of Ruin      xEvard's Ebon Bindings
                                                         Bloodied Greatness

-xGloves of Missile Avoidance: when hit by a ranged attack,

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The enemy mage, obviously aware that the tables have turned, lets out an aggravated snarl and makes a mad dash for safety – or, at any rate, a place devoid of those boarders who’ve been slaughtering their way through the crew and soldiery of the battleship. Though Alauda comes close to cutting down the githyanki in the process, he succeeds in stumbling clear of his attackers and over to one of the holes blown in the vessel’s decking. Glancing back hatefully one last time, the shadow mage then leaps overboard with no further ado, and is gone.

Did he prefer death to the possibility of capture, or does he possess some magical means of arresting his fall? Whatever the case, for the time being you find yourselves unopposed on the top deck of the vast githyanki craft. How long this relative peace and quiet will last is an entirely different question – the battle for Moonwatch Harbour certainly continues to rage all around the ship –, and the vessel itself still remains in enemy hands. Your mission is not over just yet…

Githyanki Umbra shifts AF15->AG16.
   He runs AG16->AC22, taking a -5 penalty to attack rolls and granting combat advantage until the start of his next turn…
      Opportunity attack: Alauda uses Moonfire Blade and hits (R:6+35) for (53+3) 56 radiant damage.
   He leaps overboard.

Encounter over!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"drat it all!" Skylark curses, her blade finding purchase but not quite enough to cut the githyanki down. She turns on the balls of her feet and makes after the mage, but he has slipped away through the hull before she can bring her sword down for a second strike. It almost made the entire battle a loss, that single mage escaping with his life in his own hands. The sheer bodycount didn't sate Alauda, not when such a tormentor had fled like a coward.

Still glowing like a bright moon over a foggy night, Skylark's form disappears in a flash of light once again. She reappears hanging off the top of the gun turret, her focus totally enraptured by the enemy ships around her. While her form slowly become solid and her divine light began to dull, she bellows her fury towards the githyanki invaders.

"Prepare your hearts for the Raven Queen’s cold hand!
Prepare your souls for flight and your bodies for the earth!
Prepare your arms for our glorious victory!
Prepare your eyes to meet my raging God!
Prepare, prepare!"

Just as quickly as she had disappeared from their number, Skylark appears besides her companions once again. Sszzt and the Handmaiden take to her side. Though she looks tired and far more exhausted now that her burning light was gone, Alauda's spirit still carried and her eyes were afire. "Who's taking the bridge and who's taking the guns?"

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Taali

She kicks the dead gith in the ribs before walking away, spitting a final fiery gob of phlegm onto the corpse for good measure. It's a sign of her injuries that Taali isn't more boisterous in her post-battle celebration.

"What do you think? I'm on a gun lets take these bastards down!"

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Marianna

"I'll go to the bridge," she says, head bowed as she tries to calm and focus herself again. Marianna deliberately slows her rapid breathing, and eventually her pounding heart follows suit. Of course, with the loss of adrenaline comes a rush of pain. Not the worst she has ever felt, but the worst in a number of years, so she can't help but wince and grimace. Still, her gaze is finally calm again, and her mind is focused. "I will seize control of this ship or die trying... though I would appreciate some support."

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Landra

"And you shall have it, Marianna," she replies firmly, her racing breaths and heart slowing while she works through the ritual of cleaning her weapons, each in their turn. "One ship won't win the battle but it may win the war...and it may save some of the Summers below, as well." She didn't even sound like she wanted to spit that last part out!

"But those who wish to can do what they can for them from gunnery control, I suppose. I advise you to make any shots you get count, because if we can take the bridge then we will very shortly be taking you out of range and making the whole thing moot."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"All need happen is that the taint of chaos infect the ranks. Get captains questioning orders, have solider holding back their charges, drive ships out of formation. We can do more than just our mission for Titania here." Skylark insists, her fervour almost infectious.

"If you're supporting the Queen, Ill take Sszzt and the Handmaiden with me to make sure Taali doesn't get herself killed." Alauda smirks. "Besides cuz, after what I saw up here the two of us together is downright unfair for these poor Astral Sea bastards. I at least want to make it seem like I'm giving them a fair fight!"

"As I have my companions here you can take the General as well, if there are no objections?"

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Yuriel Ki-Amar

"As much as I'd like to object about splitting up at all," Yuriel says, tightening a glove, "I've long since learned that decisive action takes precedence over pontification."

He thinks of the missions he ran with the Spear of the Void. Of a scared young man firing his bow as fast as possible against a horde of shadowy...creatures. Decisive action was the key, especially in times of war.

"Remember why we're here. We work efficiently, try to save as many lives as possible. Though they might not be our people, they deserve our help. Period."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"We should figure out a signal to each other for when we hit our objectives." Skylark suggests. "When you seize the bridge, bank hard to the left. And when we take the guns, we'll stop them all for a moment before letting off a full broadside all at once." She looks to the others for confirmation or suggestions.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Taali

"Sounds easy enough, let's do it!"

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Landra

"Always the flair for the dramatic, cousin," she observed drily, but nodded in agreement. "Simple enough signal to remember. Let's be about it, then."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"All the world's a stage, cousin." Alauda replies, whispering something to her spectral offsider and clicking out a command in spider to Sszzt. They line up behind her, ready to fall into action. "Break a leg!" She leaves her comrades with, slapping Taali on the shoulder as they set off.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Marianna

Marianna takes a deep breath, doing a triple check on her supplies and wards before nodding. "I'm ready," she says. "Good hunting."

Though she projects absolute confidence into her voice, as she watches Taali, Alauda, and especially Sszt go, she desperately hopes this isn't the last time she sees them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Storming gunnery control is a fairly simple feat. Too simple to be satisfying, perhaps. Granted, its occupants did manage to shut the heavy-duty blast door and so seal off this secondary command centre for a few minutes, but unfortunately for them it’s nothing Taaliala can’t punch through given a little time. With that breach effected, Alauda and Taali are free to do as they please – the handful of crew members and gunners on station are no match for the two elves, and can be killed or taken prisoner as they see fit. Figuring out how to work the battleship’s main batteries is a downright tricky task by comparison, but sooner or later they’ve got that sorted as well (sooner, probably, if they left someone familiar with the controls alive) and have achieved their objective!

As they rush the bridge, Landra, Marianna and Yuriel initially have a fairly similar experience. What githyanki ratings they encounter on the lower level are overcome with great ease, to the extent that they even offer any resistance at all rather than trying to flee. The upper level is home to a few more crewmen, many intricate-looking control consoles…and the ship’s captain. He is burly for a githyanki, dressed in the kind of martial-looking uniform one would expect an extraplanar marauder to wear and armed with a sleek, darkly incandescent rapier. The weapon is in his hand already by the time the boarders burst onto the bridge proper; he regards them coldly, at least as far as they can tell considering the iron mask covering the upper half of his face.

“Well?” the githyanki captain says, his voice carrying the sardonic sneer that is absent from his expression. “Have you come to ask me to surrender?”

So just to make sure we’re all on the same page, after consuming those potions is Marianna is at 93 hit points now and has 3 healing surges left. Taaliala is at 92 hit points and has 4 healing surges left.