Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Do I have to do anything special to get my .PAC file working for Windows 7 clients?

We have an SBS 2003 server, and all the clients are XP except for the 2 new laptops we just bought, which are Windows 7 Pro.

Basically I have GPO that loads a .PAC from a networked drive and also disables access to the connections page in IE. It works fine for the XP clients, but the two new Windows 7 computers don't seem to load that GPO. You can change your proxy settings (and it doesn't load the PAC file)

edit: We have another policy that forces the screen saver to activate after 5 minutes and lock the workstation, and that one seems to work fine.

Bob Morales fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

We have a bunch of admins in a Windows 2003 environment, a bunch of DC's at different sites.

Is there a way to see who the last person was that changed a group policy (or hell, moved a computer around to a different OU), and when they did it?

Also, is there some sort of CVS-like versioning system where we could roll back to what the group policy for the New York office was like 2 days ago?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Is there a good way to change the local users on my domain from Admin/Power Users to just regular users?

Let's say salesperson Joe is a regular user on the domain, but I made him a admin on his laptop. But Joe is doing stupid poo poo like installing random software from the internet, how can I change his account without going to his computer?

Also, is there a way to un-install software without having to go to his machine?

Basically stuff like Limewire, PokerStars, trials of whatever.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I have a logon script that just won't run. I set it up like I normally would, as a group policy.

I never see abox pop up where it runs after you login, and the drives never map. GPRESULT shows it as being applied.

Any ideas?

It's basically:

NET USE U: /DELETE
NET USE T: /DELETE
NET USE U: \\DATA\USERS
NET USE T: \\DATA\COMPANY

edit: all my other GPO's are working fine

Bob Morales fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 16, 2010

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I would start by putting some debug code in it that echos out a timestamp to a text file in the user profile so you can figure out of the script is even launching or not.

echo bob >> bob.txt

That works....the net use lines don't seem to, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Pipe the output from the net use commands in to that file as well to see if they are throwing errors or something.

It was asking if I was sure I Wanted to delete one of the driving mappings... :bang:

Thanks.

• Locked thread