Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Hopefully a quick question (I'm a n00b so stay with me...)
We've got office 2003 and server 2003 (modern times where I work, obviously)
My boss said to me change group policy so the user can't save their files to the my docs folder on the local PC (we hide the C drive, and we use roaming profiles fyi)
I said can we use folder redirection and he said it doesnt work for a reason he cant remember(!)

My first effort was to try: User Config > Windows Components > Windows Explorer > Common Open File Dialog > Items displayed in places bar

I changed the my docs place to the H:\ drive they are supposed to use and it works fine in notepad, adobe reader etc, however Office apps seems to have its own open/save dialog box instead of using the standard one (hooray for Microsoft ignoring it's own rules!)

I also tried regedit /s and you can hide the My Docs link from the Places bar on the left, however the users can still see the C:\ in the 'Look In' drop down box when they are saving stuff.

Has anyone attempted this before? Or am I best to get My Docs folder redirection working properly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread