Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I just need to throw this out there since its a networking question:

At the network I manage, I put a computer on the domain which we use. As in, instead of having that XP screen where you click a series of pcitures representing a fixed set of users, it converted into a login prompt for a login and password.

all good.

for whatever reason (kinda stupid) I wanted to switch it back. in retrospect I think i should have just gone to my computer/properties/change ID or whatever it is and just deleted the domain name. instead i switch it to WORKGROUP and put it in some improvised name and when asked for a login, put it one from the network and for some reason it worked.

now im stuck with a login prompt that isnt for the domain and I dont seem to have any of the logins for it. everyone i tried failed, as if i were trying to login to a workgroup that has no members.

how in gods name can i get it back to something i can get into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread