Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
I'm writing a script that captures environment information (e.g. windows update history, video adapter information, the like) using WMI over the network. I can't figure out how to get resolution and bit-depth information from dual-headed video-cards - I can only get the resolution, etc from the first monitor, not its sibling. I've tried win32_desktopmonitor, CMI_videocontroller, etc... pretty much a lot of bullshit. I'm inclined to think it cannot be done - I tried having processmonitor open and changing the resolution of a monitor and apparently within that timeframe Windows accessed the registry 50,000 times, and the information is stored in incredibly retarded ways (current control set doesn't tell me what loving monitor goes with what resolution or what video card), and the only reliable way I've found even of counting how many monitors are attached is querying Win32_PNPDevice for everything that starts with display, but I can't figure out how to associate resolution settings with PnP device id.

I would appreciate being able to find this information out using some dos command but since this script will be used remotely and I can't install new software on the machines I'm pretty much limited to WMI, even though it seems inadequate for this particular task.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread