Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

College Slice

Chiming in to say group policy has made managing a terminal server environment soooooo good. No more dumbass users accidentally shutting down the server, because that option (as well as anything else that could lead to harm) is completely unavailable to all OUs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

College Slice

I am trying to figure out a way to apply a group policy to a certain OU so that the policies only affect the users when they log onto a certain terminal server. If I apply the group policy in the normal manner, it prevents them from shutting down their local workstations, when all I need is to prevent them from shutting down this one particular TS. Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

College Slice

TheFlyingDutchman posted:

Link the GPO to the OU that this TS is in. Then from there, in the section where you can specify what user/group/computer the GPO is applied to, add your TS to there.

Loopback processing will work, sure, but to be honest it's as simple as what I just described.

Awesome...Thanks for the quick replies. I will test this out today.

Edit: TheFlyingDutchman's suggestion worked perfectly. Thanks again!

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 7, 2008

• Locked thread