Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457572/

Starring: Billy Connolly, Carrie Anne Moss, Tim Nelson, and Dylan Baker

Found this on a list of recent movies that not many people saw but should see. I had never even heard of it, and it was hilarious. It is sort of an American Shawn of the Dead in that it makes fun of zombie movies. I hate to make that comparison, but that's honestly the best I can do. Set in what appears to be the early 50s (although no certain time is mentioned that I saw) events cause the dead to rise as zombies and the Great Zombie War is fought (presumably instead of WWII) with the survivors living in safe zones with zombie slaves. Complete with old style news reel b&w clips from the "war". Good stuff and at the least a rent. I'll be buying it when I can find it.

Pros: Billy Connolly does an amazing job as the zombie. Good acting from a solid cast. Good amount of blood and gore, but not Planet Terror levels.

Cons: None that I can think of a few hours after a first watching. Guess they could have gone into some explanation of the source of zombification, but for this movie it isn't necessary.

5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU