Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

ItBreathes posted:

The game isn't supposed to make sense and being lost and confused is central to your engagement with the setting. I didn't play it long enough to have any better tips so I'd listen to the above, but if you're saying "what the gently caress is going on", you're getting it.

I played it through to the end of the main story. I can't say for certain if it was a good game, but it's certainly one that's stuck with me over the years. Fantastic soundtrack too.

theshim posted:

Sting games :allears:

In retrospect, that may as well be stinggames.txt. Especially when you consider Baroque may well be the most accessible of all their titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Remote User posted:

Need some DLC recommendations for Stellaris. Played a bit of vanilla, I want to start it up again.

The two major DLCs (Utopia and Apocalypse) are recommended, because they add a lot of interesting stuff to the core game. Utopia in particular adds megastructures and ascension perks, which are all really powerful and can change your strategy/way you play the game. If you're looking for the 'lighter' DLCs, I really recommend Synthetic Dawn because Machine Empires are very, very different from your base empires in a good way. The Rogue Servitors are practically tailor-made for a SA Terrible Secret of Space roleplay game.

Finally, the game has vastly changed from Vanilla. For example, by default everyone uses hyperlanes instead of selecting one of three warp technologies, which actually makes territory/the initial game manageable.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Got Destiny 2 for low-quality peanuts on Humble Bundle. Don't care about DLC or online-multiplayer. All I know is that you shoot people with guns and on occasion take their stuff. What else is there to this game except it causing a big controversy once a month?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Got Destiny 2 for low-quality peanuts on Humble Bundle. Don't care about DLC or online-multiplayer. All I know is that you shoot people with guns and on occasion take their stuff. What else is there to this game except it causing a big controversy once a month?

All the single player stuff sucks, so if you're strictly not interested in multiplayer (either co-op or PvP) it's probably not the game for you. Join a goon clan.

You steadily gain power level up to 260(?) In the base game, with all subsequent progression coming from "powerful engrams" that you get from select weekly (multiplayer) activities, so if you unlock any before you hit 260 hit esc and don't pick them up. Reset is every Tuesday.

Personal recommendation, go to settings and mute dialogue and cinematics, the game is much better without them and the story is lame anyways.

Despite all the controversy (which pretty much boils down to "the first one was better, why did x change?") the gameplay is solid, most everything is viable and you pretty much can't gently caress up.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Some of the tips for xcom: enemy unknown leave a little to be desired...

I'll also try to make sense of these for you.

Original Quote posted:

"A powerful psychic is just as amazing in this game as it was in the first one."

What this player is talking about is - once you unlock Psi Training, get as many soldiers tested for psychic potential ASAP and hope that you get a few with potential. Once you ID one or two, take the time/money to train them up and send them into battle. They are indeed very powerful and some of their abilities (especially Mind Control) can break the game in your favor.

There's no surefire way to know if one of your soldiers has "The Gift", but unusually high Will scores can indicate that a particular soldier has a good chance of testing positive.

Original Quote posted:

"Beelining for lasers is as good an idea now as it was in 1994."

Lasers are the first major tier of weapons upgrades, and you can access to them early. They are guaranteed to one-shot almost every early-game enemy if they hit, whereas ballistic weapons usually take multiple shots to do so. In this sense, lasers allow you to be more efficient (fewer soldiers need to fire on the same target to kill it) and aggressive (the more enemies you can kill in a turn, the fewer enemies there will be to return fire) in the early game, which is when you are at your weakest. It will also help you when the aliens start rolling out bigger and badder threats so that way you're not terribly outclassed in terms of weapon power/health.

Even if the game tells you that research progress will be slow, it is usually worth taking the extra time to research lasers early because of how significant a step up it is.

Original Quote posted:

"It's all but impossible to research everything in a normal game, so don't stress out about it, just research what you think you'll need."

This is not a very helpful tip, especially because there are things in the game that are simply not worth researching. Regardless, in a typical XCOM game, your general research priorities should be:

Weapons (enable you to be more efficient/aggressive) > Armor (enable you to take risks/make mistakes without losing high-ranking soldiers) > Items (can be extremely useful in the right situation, like hard-countering specific enemy types, capturing enemies) > Interrogations/Autopsies (very fast research time - only pick if you have nothing better to do or want to shorten research times on a higher-value item) > Base Facilities (certain ones might have priorities) > Interceptors (your base Interceptor with missiles is surprisingly effective for about 3/4 of the game on Normal) > SHIVs (nearly useless for the entire game - by the time you can make them competitive with your soldiers, your soldiers are still way better).

Generally, I only pick mandatory research (i.e., objectives) when I feel ready to take the next step or when I need to progress the game in order to unlock research to counter what the aliens are about to throw at me.

Taking South America is also surprisingly helpful if you want to research as much as possible - the time saved on all autopsies and interrogations (South America's bonus makes these occur instantly) can really boost your research, as autopsies/interrogations either unlock useful research or speed up existing/future ones.

Base facilities are tricky to place in the priority queue because there are ones that are really good (the upgraded Satellite facility comes to mind) and others that are not really necessary.

Also, uh, it sounds like you're at the end of the game! Congrats! For the final battle, Psi Soldiers are really helpful in giving you a boost to your combat capabilities through Mind Control, but also in negating some of what the aliens are going to throw at you - they have a lot of Ethereals in the final mission, and some of them have really high-level abilities like Void Rift that will wreck your squad if they're close together and others will try to Mind Control your troops, so watch out for that. I think Psi Soldiers have an ability that will negate all negative psychic effects within a certain radius (and it can even break things like an active Mind Control if they just get close enough), so I'd have at least one with that ability.

But yeah, at that point the only pressure the game can put on you is stepping up the number of alien ships that it sends out and putting a lot of really nasty poo poo in those ships. If you can handle what they can throw at you though, there's really nothing stopping you from getting all of the research.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Are the tips for Shadow Warrior (2013) still basically the same?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

Are the tips for Shadow Warrior (2013) still basically the same?

The 5 year old linear single player shooter has not been radically overhauled, no

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, I've got a couple tips about Cultist Simulator, since it finally dropped yesterday.
- Always play the whole game out, even if you're doomed, especially on your first game. There's metaprogression.
- Most countdown-style events vacuum up the necessary cards automatically, but work doesn't. If you get caught up enough in what else you're doing that you forget to go to your job, you will probably lose it.
- Much like Fallen London, the confusion and obsfuctation is a feature, so don't spoil yourself; Cultist Simulator is secretly a narrative-heavy puzzle game. But, also like FL, if you're the kind of person who easily forgets things (such as what you can get from dreaming about Passion, for example), it might pay to pause and take notes.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

PMush Perfect posted:

So, I've got a couple tips about Cultist Simulator, since it finally dropped yesterday.
- Always play the whole game out, even if you're doomed, especially on your first game. There's metaprogression.
- Most countdown-style events vacuum up the necessary cards automatically, but work doesn't. If you get caught up enough in what else you're doing that you forget to go to your job, you will probably lose it.
- Much like Fallen London, the confusion and obsfuctation is a feature, so don't spoil yourself; Cultist Simulator is secretly a narrative-heavy puzzle game. But, also like FL, if you're the kind of person who easily forgets things (such as what you can get from dreaming about Passion, for example), it might pay to pause and take notes.

It's generally worth starting most games by getting more Reason, Passion and Health as soon as possible unless you have more pressing concerns. You can't really have too much of any of these.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

To copy over from the horror thread for Cultist Sim 2018

- There is a chain of alteration to change your lore into the right lore, write it down. NEVER transform your last lore of a type or you will break this chain.
- Health is the most important stat in the game, hardest to get and the easiest to lose.
- Grab a card to see where it can be put. Click on an empty card space in a window to highlight what cards can go in that slot.
- Use cards in any slot that they fit in. Also try cards in different orders, because sometimes both can fit in a slot but one has to follow the other (for example, play the translate card before the book to translate)
- The type of lore a character has defines their abilities.
- Cults can only use one type of lore, depending on what you start it with.
- A candle below a card window means the card will be consumed.
- Go slow. It's a marathon, not a race. Most negative stats fade over time.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i just downloaded King of Dragon Pass and the wiki is a bit sparse on tips. Anything i should know? I still feel a bit lost trying to just play the thing in general.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

To copy over from the horror thread for Cultist Sim 2018

- There is a chain of alteration to change your lore into the right lore, write it down. NEVER transform your last lore of a type or you will break this chain.
- Health is the most important stat in the game, hardest to get and the easiest to lose.
- Grab a card to see where it can be put. Click on an empty card space in a window to highlight what cards can go in that slot.
- Use cards in any slot that they fit in. Also try cards in different orders, because sometimes both can fit in a slot but one has to follow the other (for example, play the translate card before the book to translate)
- The type of lore a character has defines their abilities.
- Cults can only use one type of lore, depending on what you start it with.
- A candle below a card window means the card will be consumed.
- Go slow. It's a marathon, not a race. Most negative stats fade over time.

When I get home I might cut and roll this (and the health comments) into my own tips and put up the page. Maybe rearrange things that it only needs one or two spoilered tips.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i just downloaded King of Dragon Pass and the wiki is a bit sparse on tips. Anything i should know? I still feel a bit lost trying to just play the thing in general.

Ask your advisors about everything. EVERYTHING. Even if you don't take their advice, it gives you a good base to make a decision from.

Having alot more land than you can work is harder to patro, and you'll be more likely to face harder raids.

Send explorers out into your own tula (don't move the destination marker). They can discover special crafting materials that will boost your passive trade profits, and you might find magic items. You can perform a divination to ask whether there is more poo poo to find in your tula.

Don't gently caress with the ducks unless you like getting your poo poo pushed in by undead.

Try to have as many gods represented on your ring as possible. Having a trickster (worshipper of Issares, I think) can cause problems because they are pricks, but gives you alot of powerful options for dealing with problems.

Remember that the world of the game is not 2018 earth. Slaves are a common thing, women are worth less, there are less rights, etc. Trying to play a progressive empire will not work.

Whatever you choose as your starting options for clan creation, stick to them no matter what. If you didn't take slaves, then never take slaves, etc. Tradition is very important.

There is a manual bundled in with the game. Read it, it has incredibly helpful and important info.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Obligatory “do not gently caress with the ducks”

Anyway:

- You are bronze age viking wizards. Do not try to logic or modern think your way out of problems. The solution is usually sacrificing to the gods.
- Fire season ia the raiding season, and you can probably sneak an attack on winter season. Raiding in other seasons will worsen your harvest.
- Pay attention to the advice of the Ring.
- Spending magic in children isn’t worth it
- The horse even chain will kick you on the balls repeatedly. You can’t avoid it.
- Thralls are usually not worth it
- Do not repeat Gods in your ring
- Repeatedly explore your Tula until you get messages about not finding anything.
- The bull will die eventually, think of trading it away for another treasure.
- Peace clan is usually easier than war clan
- Do not piss off everyone. Have a couple of punching bags nearby, be friendly with the rest.

Edit: yeah, that will teach me to leave a post halfway done

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

LuiCypher posted:

I'll also try to make sense of these for you.

What this player is talking about is - once you unlock Psi Training, get as many soldiers tested for psychic potential ASAP and hope that you get a few with potential. Once you ID one or two, take the time/money to train them up and send them into battle. They are indeed very powerful and some of their abilities (especially Mind Control) can break the game in your favor.

There's no surefire way to know if one of your soldiers has "The Gift", but unusually high Will scores can indicate that a particular soldier has a good chance of testing positive.

Lasers are the first major tier of weapons upgrades, and you can access to them early. They are guaranteed to one-shot almost every early-game enemy if they hit, whereas ballistic weapons usually take multiple shots to do so. In this sense, lasers allow you to be more efficient (fewer soldiers need to fire on the same target to kill it) and aggressive (the more enemies you can kill in a turn, the fewer enemies there will be to return fire) in the early game, which is when you are at your weakest. It will also help you when the aliens start rolling out bigger and badder threats so that way you're not terribly outclassed in terms of weapon power/health.

Even if the game tells you that research progress will be slow, it is usually worth taking the extra time to research lasers early because of how significant a step up it is.

This is not a very helpful tip, especially because there are things in the game that are simply not worth researching. Regardless, in a typical XCOM game, your general research priorities should be:

Weapons (enable you to be more efficient/aggressive) > Armor (enable you to take risks/make mistakes without losing high-ranking soldiers) > Items (can be extremely useful in the right situation, like hard-countering specific enemy types, capturing enemies) > Interrogations/Autopsies (very fast research time - only pick if you have nothing better to do or want to shorten research times on a higher-value item) > Base Facilities (certain ones might have priorities) > Interceptors (your base Interceptor with missiles is surprisingly effective for about 3/4 of the game on Normal) > SHIVs (nearly useless for the entire game - by the time you can make them competitive with your soldiers, your soldiers are still way better).

Generally, I only pick mandatory research (i.e., objectives) when I feel ready to take the next step or when I need to progress the game in order to unlock research to counter what the aliens are about to throw at me.

Taking South America is also surprisingly helpful if you want to research as much as possible - the time saved on all autopsies and interrogations (South America's bonus makes these occur instantly) can really boost your research, as autopsies/interrogations either unlock useful research or speed up existing/future ones.

Base facilities are tricky to place in the priority queue because there are ones that are really good (the upgraded Satellite facility comes to mind) and others that are not really necessary.

Also, uh, it sounds like you're at the end of the game! Congrats! For the final battle, Psi Soldiers are really helpful in giving you a boost to your combat capabilities through Mind Control, but also in negating some of what the aliens are going to throw at you - they have a lot of Ethereals in the final mission, and some of them have really high-level abilities like Void Rift that will wreck your squad if they're close together and others will try to Mind Control your troops, so watch out for that. I think Psi Soldiers have an ability that will negate all negative psychic effects within a certain radius (and it can even break things like an active Mind Control if they just get close enough), so I'd have at least one with that ability.

But yeah, at that point the only pressure the game can put on you is stepping up the number of alien ships that it sends out and putting a lot of really nasty poo poo in those ships. If you can handle what they can throw at you though, there's really nothing stopping you from getting all of the research.

Wowsers, thanks for the writeup. I actually did manage to blunder my way through the game, but I'm planning to do another play through on a harder setting. This info will be very helpful, thanks again!

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Try to have as many gods represented on your ring as possible. Having a trickster (worshipper of Issares, I think) can cause problems because they are pricks, but gives you alot of powerful options for dealing with problems.

Eurmal. Issaries is the trading god.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
XCOM: Don't listen Vahlen when she complains about explosive kills. A guaranteed grenade kill is almost always better than throwing a dice with 70% rifle shots.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Valiantman posted:

Eurmal. Issaries is the trading god.

Thanks, I was pretty sure I was wrong. It doesn't matter, because the only one that's important is Humakt :black101:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Thanks, I was pretty sure I was wrong. It doesn't matter, because the only one that's important is Humakt :black101:

And the fat chick who summons earthquakes.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Something I don't remember NuCom being good about explaining is that flanking and destroying cover isn't just useful for giving a better chance to hit; it's also pretty much the only way to get critical hits.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Any tips or things about No Mans Sky?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

When I get home I might cut and roll this (and the health comments) into my own tips and put up the page. Maybe rearrange things that it only needs one or two spoilered tips.

I put up the first few tips, then saw your post. Feel free to chop and change and make it better.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Centipeed posted:

I put up the first few tips, then saw your post. Feel free to chop and change and make it better.
You're good people, Centipeed, thank you for doing all you do.

Are server costs still under control?

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Anything for Yakuza Kiwami? I see the wiki has a page for Yakuza 1 but I'm not sure how much of it is still applicable.

I've played through Yakuza 0 so I'm not a total newcomer to the series. I don't really care about getting 100% completion or trophies, but I would like to play as much of the sidestories and minigames as possible so if there are any tips that you would consider essential for those, or for combat in general, please let me know, thanks.

homewrecker fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 3, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homewrecker posted:

Anything for Yakuza Kiwami? I see the wiki has a page for Yakuza 1 but I'm not sure how much of it is still applicable.

Make sure to buy the Essence of Extreme for each style as soon as you can - bosses will throw up an aura and begin rapidly recharging health, switch to that colour's style and do a HEAT action on them to stop it.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Anything for Everspace?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

anilEhilated posted:

Anything for Everspace?

Some stuff up thread about it

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Here is some wiki tips for Eldritch:

The game doesn't really explain its content if you're new to the game:
-Blue, Red & Green book = main campaign. You can enter and leave these when you like, as long as you return to the entrance of the book.
-White book = Mountains of Madness. Basically a second, harder campaign. You can make it easier by playing parts of the main campaign first to stock up on items, artifacts, bullets and keys.
-Orange book = The Asylum. A challenge mode in which you collects souls. Note that the game doesn't end if the countdown reaches zero, it just spawns a demon.
-Halloween Pumpkin = Trick or Treat. A quick mode in which have to reach the exit before unkillable demons get to you.

There can only be a limited amount of monsters in an area. This includes their corpses, which will stay around forever if you don't loot them, even if you exit the book!

While doing the main campaign you may find Dusty Books. Using them will take you to a small area with a mysterious item. These are part of a challenge, you can ignore these items during your first playthrough.

Lizardmen statues become active when you are close to them and enter their sight range. You will know, because there will be a sound and some sort of dust effect. At that point they will be locked on to you until you turn your back on them, at which point they will teleport and attack. You will stop them from being active by keeping a line of sight to the statue and side-strafing until walls block vision.

The Destruction Amulet allows you to destroy terrain with the pistol, allowing you to dig around with bullets. The amulet also allows you to destroy locked wooden doors with your knife.

Mountains of Madness introduced Climbing Boots as an item, but you might also find them in a shop during the main campaign. They prevent icicles from falling, which will be your main source of frustration in MoM.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

anilEhilated posted:

Anything for Everspace?

Use missles/consumables often.

Don't be afraid to upgrade your gear (but keep in mind your upgrades are locked in for your current run).

To get in locked doors, you need an access key which can be obtained by killing "elite" fighters (represented by a skull icon); they are one time use items that persist through your current run (i.e., you don't have to use it in the same area/sector you find it in). If you ever get offered a chance to "bypass" the locks for the rest of your run at a special upgrade centers, take it; it's easily the most valuable limited-time upgrade.

Beam laser mk3 is pretty much the best weapon.

Focus on credit/loot chance percentage upgrades before anything else (except maybe movement speed).

Try to pick off drones before engaging fighters/Corvettes.

Don't be afraid to run and hide behind some asteroids while your shield is popped/recharging.

Finally, if something goes horribly wrong in an area, don't be afraid to save & quit before you die. When you reload, you'll restart from when you entered the area.

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jun 4, 2018

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell
The wiki entry for Battletech has the following advice:
"You can stand in place and change facing by clicking on yourself with a move action. Changing facing in this way counts as remaining stationary as far as the Bulwark skill is concerned."
this is incorrect, I'm pretty sure. If you change your facing without moving, you will lose the bulwark bonus and the buff icon disappears.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

You don't. The Bulwark skill still activates if you turn in place only. You will lose braced though.

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell
I tested it again and you're right, it does activate. I stand corrected.

Before I typed out my first post, I tried turning in place when bulwark was already active and it seemed to remove the buff. Apparently it reactivates after your turn ends, then?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Pursued by bees posted:

I tested it again and you're right, it does activate. I stand corrected.

Before I typed out my first post, I tried turning in place when bulwark was already active and it seemed to remove the buff. Apparently it reactivates after your turn ends, then?

Yup, that's what happens.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

1redflag posted:

Use missles/consumables often.

Don't be afraid to upgrade your gear (but keep in mind your upgrades are locked in for your current run).

To get in locked doors, you need an access key which can be obtained by killing "elite" fighters (represented by a skull icon); they are one time use items that persist through your current run (i.e., you don't have to use it in the same area/sector you find it in). If you ever get offered a chance to "bypass" the locks for the rest of your run at a special upgrade centers, take it; it's easily the most valuable limited-time upgrade.

Beam laser mk3 is pretty much the best weapon.

Focus on credit/loot chance percentage upgrades before anything else (except maybe movement speed).

Try to pick off drones before engaging fighters/Corvettes.

Don't be afraid to run and hide behind some asteroids while your shield is popped/recharging.

Finally, if something goes horribly wrong in an area, don't be afraid to save & quit before you die. When you reload, you'll restart from when you entered the area.
Thanks! Couple more quick questions: One, does the game expect you to start on Easy and unlock stuff? Because the difference between difficulties is pretty insane; furthest I got on Normal was sector 2.
Two, I've only got the starting ship unlocked but it feels I'm using it wrong, basically it feels like it's supposed to be an agile dogfighter but christ is the turning speed slow, it's hard to keep up with basic outlaw scouts. Do I just need to get better or is there some trick to maneuvering these things?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

anilEhilated posted:

Thanks! Couple more quick questions: One, does the game expect you to start on Easy and unlock stuff? Because the difference between difficulties is pretty insane; furthest I got on Normal was sector 2.
Two, I've only got the starting ship unlocked but it feels I'm using it wrong, basically it feels like it's supposed to be an agile dogfighter but christ is the turning speed slow, it's hard to keep up with basic outlaw scouts. Do I just need to get better or is there some trick to maneuvering these things?

It's more of a jack of all trades; there is another ship that is the agile speedster. I boost alot in combat while turning the opposite direction, lots of wide swooping motions, use cover alot. It is really weird feeling and I remember feeling like I sucked at first too. Just play more and you'll start getting a feel for it and noticing yourself improving. It's really satisfying when you get better, because it's solidly due to your personal mechanical improvement.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Right, thanks. Something on a slightly different note - anyone got anything for Sundered?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

You're good people, Centipeed, thank you for doing all you do.

Are server costs still under control?

I pay $10 a year for my personal hosting, and it's more than enough for the wiki. I think it'd only get out of control if the site got a lot more popular. Last month there were 16,989 unique visitors, and 27,552 visits.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Are the tips for Yakuza 1 the same for Yakuza Kiwami, since that's the remake?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Leavemywife posted:

Are the tips for Yakuza 1 the same for Yakuza Kiwami, since that's the remake?

Not exactly, like the dog food isn't at the Don Quixote for instance (I forget where I found it, I think it's at the store closest to where you need it maybe). They added a lot to the game, I think most of it carried over from 0, like fighting style switching, and side stuff like Pocket Circuit racing. Also Majima is everywhere which will explain itself. There's some QoL stuff too like you can easily skip cutscenes by default and save anywhere, but otherwise most of those tips still stand from what I've seen, although I'm only about halfway through the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Was going to start playing Saint's Row 2 again, any advice that isn't already on the wiki?

I'm also trying out the mod recommended on the wiki, what does that add besides general bug fixes and extra customization options? Are any of the "optional" parts of the mod worth using?