Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Just downloaded Mass Effect 2, Just Cause 2, and Bully: Scholarship Edition that I got back in the Steam holiday sale. Help me have good experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Bo-Pepper posted:

Anyone have anything to help me out starting for Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators? It's been forever since I've played it and recall the beginning to be particularly brutal.

Straight up powergaming advice is fine by me. I like taking a game like this and breaking it over my knee. This is the first game I've been able to muster real interest in while my actual computer's been in a forever limbo of reconstruction.

Get as fast a ship as you can as quickly as you can, it lets you outrun missiles which is what most of the more dangerous ships use, so you can just fly in big fast circles while shooting your own weapons at them.

Avoid the RTS missions after the first few, they become basically impossible (and aren't that fun to begin with). But if you do decide to do them, stick with long range artillery robots, or defensive structures will tear you to pieces.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I'm about to start playing Diablo II (with the expansion) for the first time. What should I know?