Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Got Dark Souls: Die More Prepare to Die via steam. Read the beforeiplay for it.

Spent about 20 minutes installing it to get it to the point where it would stop saying "YOU CAN NEVER SAVE YOUR GAME! CONTINUE: YES/NO". About an hour playing it.

Is this a horrifically bad port that never got fixed, or am I supposed to be controlling a guy covered in Crisco and stricken with epilepsy. Is it a game where the difficulty is simply beat-your-head-against-it "gently caress you, blackness and not knowing what's coming means difficulty", or do I just need to learn to move my undead guy, move my laggy camera, and attack with my controller-stupid hands.

or all of the above?

Is there a game for PC (where the penalty for loving up isn't wasting my time learning its most basic mechanics) that can help me learn how to do weird lock-onto-enemy rhythmic controller based combat like this?

e: wrong edition

UltraShame fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Any advice for Alien: Isolation? I picked it up with Styx - Master of Shadows recently. The stealth in Styx makes sense to me and I can have fun fumbling my way through it, but Alien: Isolation is an exercise in frustration. Even trying to move as slowly and quietly as I can, I wind up getting humped into a corner by 3-4 androids, and this is with trying to use the craftables like smoke bombs and noisemakers.

While I'm here, any tips for Styx: Master of Shadows? Neither of these games have a wiki entry.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

There's nothing on the wiki for Quantum Break

Any tips for someone going in blind?