Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Any thoughts on classes for Disagaea 5? I know the game defines grind, but there are so many classes and I was wondering which I should either definitely get or definitely not get. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Should I start with Easy mode and work my way up?

Depends on how you feel about failing. If you don't want to fail, then start on Easy. Normal will however get more stuff faster and is probably a better way to learn the game.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

For Ni No Kuni 2, pick up everything. You'll find a lot of uses for stuff further down the road and it costs nothing (or at least it hasn't through five chapters). The Tweak stuff can be important, both for boss fights and for overall synergy with your party. Do the sidequests if you can and build the kingdom when you get to it.

It's fairly easy in most parts, but the boss fights took some doing and there are some difficult sidequests as well. It's getting a very positive reception in the SA thread.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

For Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom, should I just sell my old gear that I don't need, or will there be a better use for it later?

I'm still in chapter 2 or thereabout and I haven't unlocked Kingdom building yet, but the game seems to just dump gear on you. Can I just sell my poo poo I don't need at shops, or is there some break down for crafting parts mechanic or something coming later that's gonna make me wish I hung on to all this crap?

Unless you need money there's no need to sell anything. You might want to ask in the thread as there are people who've completed the game and would know if there's some sort of later use. I doubt it extremely but I'm only at 80%.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well I mean...needing money is generally why one sells things ;). I was wondering more if there were alternate uses for old gear, since if the only options are "clog up your inventory" or "sell for cash" it's not a hard choice, even if there isn't that much need for money. But I'll check with the game thread and see if they know more!

Stuff can get a little expensive as the game goes on but if you don't need the money then there's no need to sell anything. They don't really clog up your inventory because you won't see them as you get better gear.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Any help for Starbound? My grown son and I are going to play it today for Mother's day (we always do a multiplay of some game so he doesn't have to spend money on me) and I'd like to at least have some idea of what to do.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

chairface posted:

it's a p chill game and a good choice for this. basically the tech gates are obvious and tied to quests in the quest book so it's kinda hard to ever not know what you should be doing.

Growing stuff to get food and plant fibers seems like a bigger deal at first than it winds up being in the longrun, just cuz it's so easy to make some p bombass food off poo poo you forage alone once you're enough of a hardass to just clean out the surface of a new planet.

So like as far as planets go, the skinny's this:

more dangerous planets have better poo poo (important for the tech gating bit) but are tougher. In general there's effectively unlimited of all kinds of planets and stripping the surface/raiding settlements is an easy way to get stuff fast. Also while for the most part settlements are there for you to loot and murder, trading with some of em can get you poo poo you want/need. Some dudes are just straight up hostile no matter what though so be prepared to kill anyone you meet.

The whole build-your-own-settlement mechanic doesn't do anything really worthwhile enough to recommend it but is a fun enough diversion since it's not like it's hard either.

Thanks!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

In order to avoid getting much on the Steam Sale I've installed Distant Worlds (which I got on another Steam sale and never played).

Help? I know that the game has a lot of automation, but I'd rather play and understand it.

Here ya go.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Kruller posted:

Anything for Oxygen Not Included, Feel the Snow, or No Man's Sky (other than don't play it)?

I really like ONI, here's a link to an easy peasy start that I wrote.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_W09ftcvI-Pt8nXtkYWc9JcnpmiLbyijqO8Tx05eOe8/edit?usp=sharing

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Can it go into the wiki? I'll probably pick Battletech up on sale and I'll want this to refer back to.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Bruceski posted:

There's a fine line between "before I play" and "how do I break."

Especially with Disgaea. The game can take ten years to finish or only five, depending on your grinding/minmax tolerance.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Potions are always hard for me in games, I've died a zillion times with the needed potion just sitting there waiting for the 'right moment'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Don’t take flatulent dupes.