Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Goofballs posted:

You get a final mission and then its game over, would you like to start a newgame+. I can't remember what exactly the lead into it was but I remember thinking it was obvious at the time.

Even moreso than that, you can continue after the final mission without having to start a new game plus. No story missions, and the infected areas go down (a little bit). Military still has all their new stuff though. I don't remember if all the events are available right at the start of new game plus.

As far as hidden collectibles, none of them are like out on the aircraft carrier but they can be tricky to find since there's so many and manhattan is kind of large. Check under bridges, on rooftops and landings, between buildings and in alleys. And in parks and such, there's usually multiple in the larger blocks. Don't worry about getting them all, there's no special reward other than more experience for doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

What do you guys know for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II? I've played through the first one several times, my latest being a light side Blaster Rifle jedi which was actually really really powerful. I got the sequel for the first time recently, from Steam, and installed the Restored Content mod.

So far I've gotten to the end of Telos and either the game is a LOT harder or I just suck at it now. I'm playing a Light side sentinel, with 2 swords, and I can't hit anything worth a crap. Also, it seems like there's about a million new items, none of them worth the components it takes to forge them. In fact, the main character's two swords are a vibrosword and vibroblade. Those are the best I've found.

Anyways I do have one tip to start everything off, and it's that apparently on some computers the Load Game screen directly from the main menu is horribly bugged. I've been able to 'unbug' it by switching V-sync in the options menu before trying to load my game, though I have to do it once every time I load up the game.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Anatharon posted:

Speaking of which, one last question.

I know that you have a choice of a crew member death in ME1 (It's a 6 year old game and all. :v:), is there any long term character development that should make me want one over the other? As is they're both pretty insufferable.

If you don't like Male Love Interest, he isn't going to change. If you don't like Female Love Interest she gets...better? She changes her hairstyle and wears a lot more makeup. Space racism, though.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Starting out you want to find gold (for the science machine) and poop (for farming). You can get manure from beefalo or by giving pigmen food.

You get poop from pigmen by feeding them non-meat food. If you feed them meat they do something else

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I'm replaying Mass Effect 3, since I just recently got all the DLCs. When are the 'best' times to start them?

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I am actually just now finishing up doing the same thing as you. I would do From Ashes as soon as possible. Omega can fit in the story anywhere, so don't stress too much about it, but it will also net you possibly the most powerful biotic bonus power in the game, which is Flare. It is super satisfying to use and has been helpful during the couple of difficulty spikes you get at points on Insanity. I was glad I got it early on. Leviathan should definitely be done some time after Thessia for story reasons. Definitely save Citadel for last. It's broken into two parts. You can do the first earlier if you want, and it nets you some nice equipment and whatnot if you care about that, but the second part should absolutely be the last thing you do. Most people seem to prefer doing that after finishing the game by reloading an earlier save. Having just completed the DLC last night, I'd say there's definitely something to be said for that. Citadel feels like a much better and more thoughtful goodbye than the actual ending of the game and I was sorry to see it end.

Oh, and make sure you have the Extended Cut DLC installed if you previously beat the game before it was released. The endings are still not good, but they are greatly improved to the point of being tolerable at least.

Sounds like a plan. This is also my Insanity run, I've been replaying the whole trilogy the past month or so getting all the achievements I missed (Level 60 on ME1, and Insanity on ME2, Insanity and the DLCs on ME3). I bought the N7 collector's edition or whatever it's called so I've always had From Ashes, and that's already done. Just finished Priority: Palaven, and I also meant to ask what the starting missions are for the DLCs. I got a double message from Aria, one of which I assume is the Omega DLC. I also got a message from Dr. Bryson, which I don't remember from before and assume it starts either Leviathan or The Citadel. Where would the missing DLC start point be?

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I know this is a few years late, but Darksiders, specifically the Steam version. I just finished the game for the first time and the wiki needs a lil update. There are a few problems, specifically concerning Achievements and also the late-game Special Armor.

- In order for Steam Achievements to work, Steam MUST be restarted each time you play the game. No one knows why, but restarting Steam will make achievements work correctly.

- Make a save game before collecting the final piece of Special Armor. In order to start a new game+ mode with Special Armor unlocked from the beginning, you have to have collected the final piece before quitting the game. Collect the final piece of Special Armor, quit to main menu, then start a new game. This will allow you to use Special Armor from the beginning!

These two points have been tested and proven by me, and should replace the 3rd and 4th tabs on the Darksiders page in the beforeiplay.com wiki.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Contingency Plan posted:

Any tips for Colony Wars: Vengeance?

It's been a REALLY long time but don't keep putting points into old ships, basically every new ship you get is a straight upgrade. Use your missiles. Don't worry if you fail a mission. Worry if you fail two missions in a row. Play in 3rd person mode, and there should be a setting to enable lead targeting which is all but required.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

The only decent DLC for ME1 is Bring Down the Sky, which is more notable for its reward than anything else about it.

I'd disagree if you're a completionist and/or going to go new game plus. Pinnacle Station is the only way to get the best equipment without endless reloading at shops.

The Iron Rose posted:

Go to Origin's Mexico store and pay there, it'll be like half the price.

both DLCs are free now on Origin

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Now that Titan Quest has been given a huge update, anything worthwhile to update the wiki with?

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

OptimusShr posted:

I would say for Mario RPG what's on the wiki is decent. I will add one thing though:

-When you level up you have to choose to boost your HP, regular attack and defense, or magic attack and defense. I recommend going magic attack and defense, then regular attack and defense, and HP.

Isn't there always one choice that gives more than average increases, each level? I would recommend taking that just because more is better

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Pneub posted:

couple more things:
-The AI won't use a machine gun or shotgun if they have a handgun with any ammo left. You're probably best off giving them the pistol and keeping the other two to yourself.

-You unlock 2 pretty good character-exclusive weapons for fully upgrading the weakest machine gun and rifle, but the AI doesn't have any idea how to actually aim them.

I think you're right about the machine gun, but they will use a shotgun in 'appropriate' circumstances IF you have them in attack mode. Well sometimes. Like 50% of the time. Also they will drain ammo like it's going out of style.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

It's Bring Down the Sky that now comes with ME1. Pinnacle Station was so bad that Bioware disappeared it from memory.

I never bought pinnacle station but it appears it comes with the Origin version now. Its not fun but the bonus it gives for completing it is the most reliable way to get the 'best' stuff in the game

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think that Kerbal Space Program could use a page, on the wiki. As long as it's updated frequently

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

What about if i want to replay Skyrim as a pure mage

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

any tips for Chess? I'm really bad

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Lobok posted:

Shadow of Mordor was super fun when I got caught in those massive base fights where I was surrounded by dozens of orcs and named orcs would show up here and there. The one drawback was that ranged enemies forced me to the periphery of the fight too often when I would have preferred being in the thick of things.

Ranged enemies were my bane, too, when I played but then you have to remember, you have ranged attacks too. There's tons of runes that say "give back focus for doing whatever" and you're like why would I do that until you get a face full of spears. Shoot them in the face first

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I picked up Final Fantasy XII on the Steam sale. I've never played it, in any of its forms, but I know that this one is the International Zodiac Job system version. Anything not on the wiki already that I should know about, with the jobs and such?

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

I wouldn't know about that, but they're as un-obnoxious as ads ever get and I've never seen them contain anything skeevy or any content that I wouldn't want people at work to see.

If Centipeed doesn't want them then so much the better, but if it helps, it's really a very tolerable option.

I think project wonderful either already has or is about to go down forever, unfortunately

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Gynovore posted:

For Nethack:
  • As of the latest patch, an engraving must be exactly "Elbereth" to be effective (no quotes). Engraving "ElberethElberethElbereth" does nothing.
  • Elbereth now erodes as you attack. Basically it now functions as a way to take a breather and recover, not be invincible.

To counter the Elbereth nerf, Scroll of Scare Monster is now insanely good and works on pretty much everything including quest nemeses, Liches, I dunno about rodney though i always just blast him with death rays

EDIT: For the wiki just put that scroll of scare monster is very good

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

Big one for Kingdom Hearts 3

- Switching key blades while yours is transformed will pause the timer and let you pull it back out, fully transformed, at will.

I think we should keep the wiki PG-13

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

- Mobile healing/save items like TENTs and CABINs are bugged, and save before restoring your HP, so either just use them for freshening up before you enter a dungeon, or use a second TENT afterwards to properly save your improved status.

This is only HOUSEs, which restore your MP after saving for some reason. The cool kids all use a house, don't save, then use a tent to save.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

YggiDee posted:

That's the Battle Start Affinity, you trigger it when you start battles with the red fight button instead of using an attack. If you get the timing right, it raises the Tension, the Party Gauge, and Party Affinity.

This should be explained in one of the tutorials, after a while the game stops showing them to you directly and just dumps them into the menu.

1) Tension: High tension increases your crit rate, chain attack damage, and crit heal rate. Low tension drops your crit rate, your accuracy, and your dodge.

2) Party Gauge: One bar to revive a party member, three bars to start a chain attack.

3) Affinity: good for crafting gems, linking skills, and unlocking heart-to-hearts. It also lets you extend chain attacks.

Yes all this and if there's one thing i can't stress enough about XB1 it's to switch up your controlled character as often as you want. Every character plays differently and they're all amazing in their own way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Barudak posted:

Its slightly hyperbolic, yes, since its not like she prevents you from beating the game. She is, however, presented as the dedicated healer so lots of people feel like they need to stick with her always even though her healing isn't very useful as the game progresses, her dps is bad, and her core mechanic is an arbitrary limitation no one else has to deal with.

but sharla has huge... gun