Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Evil Genius:
* Never have a Genius taunt/mock a captured Super Agent. The mechanic is designed to immediately break free if done, if memory serves.

Just like real life/movies, then! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Suikoden: If you want to get all the characters and get the best ending, then you straight up need to play it with a gamefaqs window open. There are 108 characters to recruit and many are nonintuitive or permanently missable. If you don't care about getting every last character it's a quite a straightforward RPG and the guys you recruit through the story are more than adequate to beat the game.

The one thing I will say is keep Pahn leveled if you're going for every character, you will see why. Gameplay spoilers: He will leave your party for a time and get behind on levels, but soon after he rejoins you later in the game, you are forced to fight in a one-in-one duel using him, and if he loses he's dead.

I disagree playing with a guide for the entirety of the game. When you start playing any of the Suikodens, the first thing you should do is google "Suikoden X missable characters". Normally you'll get a forum post or web page detailing the 3-4 characters that you might miss on a regular playthrough. Other than those, I highly recommend playing the game on your own without a guide, and using the game's own detective mechanic (Which you'll unlock through playing) to recruit characters.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

GeneralFai posted:

Final Fantasy XII

• Larsa literally cannot run out of potions, and uses them often. This is really, really helpful. Consider keeping him around for a while to help out with grinding and sidequests.

Didn't they fix this in the IZJV, or am I mistaking it for some other change to Guest NPCs?

VV Good point. :v:

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 24, 2011

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Oh, yes it is. Especially around level 10 or so. I still loved the game but it became obvious relatively quickly that I had gotten in over my head with the wrong character build the second that roving bandits near the starting city started kicking my rear end and there minotaurs roaming the countryside and will-o-the-wisp in every tomb I went in.

What IS the loving deal with will-o-the-wisps anyway? How the gently caress do you beat those things?

At first I really wanted to play your version of Fallout, but now I think you might've misinterpreted him.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I'm looking for good co-op games to play with my girlfriend, and I recently came upon copies of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2. Are these worth pursuing, and if so, is there anything we should know going into them?

To clarify, these are the console games, and aren't listed in the wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I found a hybrid approach worked best for me, where the majority of my fusions were "Let's see what happens when I mix you and you", but I would occasionally have a chart like this for triple fusions and the like. Plus as the above posted mentioned, there is always the persona database to buy back your old personas if you need them.

The only time I really recommend sperging out is if you play through the game on hard mode, because gently caress that 4x database cost bullshit.

Really I can't think of a reason you would ever have to go back to a previous save due to fusing the wrong persona at some point.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 18, 2011