Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I've started Condemned: Criminal Origins twice now, but it's so boring. Your guy walks at 0.5 mph and when you've seen one lead pipe fight you've seen them all. Does it get any better, or is the entire game comprised of walking around really slowly and occasionally beating the poo poo out of punks?

From last page, I love Condemned, but it took me starting it multiple times over the last 2 years and wondering what the gently caress the big deal was. Finally, it just clicked. You dont go into it for the actual fighting. It's a survival horror kinda thing where you are there for the atmosphere. Once you get the taser, combat is retardedly easy. My best suggestion is to try to a few levels and you might find yourself just hypnotized by it. (gently caress that last level, though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tensai
May 8, 2007

NVM

tensai fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 20, 2010

tensai
May 8, 2007

Orgophlax posted:

It is the greatest game you will ever play. If you have a PS3 you might want to just wait for the HD upgraded version that's coming.

Or, another perspective...it's an alright game. Get used to being annoyed at the camera.

tensai
May 8, 2007

I just got Just Cause 2 for ps3 and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Any starting tips for either. I'm finding both really hard to get into right now.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Not to be annoying and ask again in this thread, but any hints or tips on getting into Just Cause 2 console version. I hear so many great things about it, but I just can't get into it.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Anything on FFXIII? I've just got it started. I know it's terribly linear, but I prefer that in an RPG.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Khurath posted:

Just started Fallout: New Vegas, and aside from the tips on the wiki I'm looking for answers to two sort of mundane character management questions.

1. Is there anywhere I can acquire a stable base of operations (a la the Megaton house or Tenpenny apartment in FO3?), and if so where/how do I start the quest line to get it? I need some place to drop all my extra loot.

You do get a full building to yourself. Right after you get into new vegas, you are given a base of operations. In the meanwhile, what I always did was to bury my excess stuff in the goodsprings cemetary. When you fast travel there, there's a grave right in front of you that you can use as an item dump. Then, if you need a bed, there's one in a trailer just down from the hill.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Deathclaws
F:NV is very strict with your initial path around the map when you are low level. If you follow just the main quest path at first, you shouldn't really run in to any of them. When you do level up some, using the anti-material rifle with incendiary rounds is the best way to hit them.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Ok, I've tried multiple times to get into Yakuza 3. I keep reading about how it's one of the under rated greats of the PS3. I'm a couple hours into it an I just can't get into it. Anything I need to know or am overlooking?

(this didn't stop me from picking up yakuza 4 either, so any tips on that for if I ever get to it would be appreciated too.)

tensai
May 8, 2007

I just started in on Prince of Persia 2008. In the beforeiplay wiki, it mentions that there's no real reason to go for all the light seeds. I'm enjoying the game, but collecting them is such a chore. How many light seeds is "enough" or can I get away with mostly ignoring them and just picking up the ones that are in my way on my way out of a zone?

tensai
May 8, 2007

Barudak posted:

It will tell you how many you need to progress, and outside of achievements, thats how many you need. There is no benefit for extras. At first there is a famine of light seeds but by the end of the game you'll end up swimming in them. Basically just complete each area twice and go back to paths between purified areas and you should end up with plenty.

Games a lot of fun and the platforming is smooth so you probably won't feel like your grinding too much except at the very beginning.

Thanks for the advice on Prince of Persia 2008. Knowing that I don't have to grind too much has helped a bit. However, I'm halfway through the game and still hate the fighting system. It seems like a war of attrition as to who can parry the most. Am I missing something terribly obvious, or is the fighting system that bad?

tensai
May 8, 2007

Going to buy Trenched and Bastion. I know they are new, but anything I should know?

tensai
May 8, 2007

Having tried the Witcher and not really enjoying the combat, I'm trying to just power through it just for story reasons before starting The Witcher 2. Can I just set it to easy and ever really have any difficulties? Is there any mod I should get to help me power through it?

tensai
May 8, 2007

I know it's a simple game, but I just got Driver: San francisco on the cheap. I am having a hell of a time with the cop escape missions.

Also, Ico. Is there anything to know going in? (I'm an hour or so in)

tensai
May 8, 2007

Anything for Shovel Knight?

tensai
May 8, 2007

FFXV, I'm overleveled for some of these hunts and still getting my poo poo pushed in. I just don't think I understand combat very well. Can someone make a "how to play like a 5 year old" explanation of the combat?

Also, I'm like level 22 with all characters, but have only changed weapons once. I feel like I'm missing something there too.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Centipeed posted:

I'm currently playing through Ni No Kuni 2 and I'm about 3 hours in. If anyone has any advice about things I should look out for, without spoiling anything, I'm all ears.
Requesting the same thing. Especially, is it important to pick up everything? Seems like I'm collecting a bunch of crap for no reason so far. Also, what the heck am I missing on the mass battles? It seems sorta random, even though I've won each of those fights so far.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Any help on Destiny 2? I am hopping back in for the first time since the base game. I'm slowly working through the first 2 DLCs, but everything but the shooting feels like a different damned game.

tensai
May 8, 2007

The Division 2 is kicking my rear end solo. I solo'd the whole campaign of 1 without issue. In this, enemies are super loving aggressive and have pinpoint grenade accuracy. Any solo help?

tensai
May 8, 2007

I've been going through some Mario RPGs because I have some time. Just finished snes 7 stars. Moving onto paper Mario 64 and upgrades/badges aren't as obvious as in Mario rpg.

Anyone have anything for paper Mario 64?

tensai
May 8, 2007

Anyone have something for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw? I just started it and seems like it could be really cool if I knew what the hell I was doing.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Breadnought posted:

Anything for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim?

Even though the story looks like there's a bunch of branching places, it's almost totally linear.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Can we get anything more robust for Demons Souls? I realize there are TONS of articles and tutorials on the web, but it seems like they all are for people who already know the ins and outs of the game. As someone who has like 5 bosses down, but still feel like I've misserably mis-specced myself, I'd appreciate any write up.

Edit: I'm at the point where the crescent falchion from 4-1 and my royal class no longer feels like it's the best option, but my strength build isn't really doing much with anything else either.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Any suggestions for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw? Just got it in the PS5 sale and boy does this game just drop you into stuff without explanation.

tensai
May 8, 2007

I just started Inscryption today. I'm a few hours in and trying not to spoil anything, but I also suck at card games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tensai
May 8, 2007

I feel too dumb for the materia fusing in crisis core. Any suggestions for this game?