Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking about buying Kingdoms of Amalur. Three questions.

1) I played the Demo and really liked it. Is it at all indicative of the rest of the game, or does it all go to poo poo in the later levels?

2) Is the DLC worth it?

3) Any other tips you might think are worth mentioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, guys. I think I'll wait till it goes on sale again, then.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Just started playing Dishonored for the first time.

Given that I usually don't play games more than once, is it worth doing a non-lethal run or am I just condemning myself to a less fun version of the game?

Also, I have the PC version, but playing with a controller. Is KB/M a signicantly better experience?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Anything for Shadow of Mordor?

Someone a few pages back mentioned going through the storyline and not getting too hung up in the open world.

Do I miss out on anything by not being particularly stealth/exploring everything? I just finished Dishonored and I'm kind of stealthed out. Just want to gently caress some orcs up.

Finally, KB/M or controller?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
One more for Shadow of Mordor, I just realized that the game came with a bunch of DLC that gives you overpowered runes and stuff right off the bat, does anyone know what I should turn off so that the game isn't easy mode?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I just started playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I know the aren't particularly difficult games, but I remember that the previous games, including Super Mario RPG, had some items or secrets that were almost impossible to find out without a guide, or that required you to do some particular thing at some particular point that you had almost no way of knowing.

Anything like that in this game?

Also, I like being absurdly overpowered in RPGs. Is leveling up BP the way to go?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I'm a couple of hours into Borderlands 2, currently playing as Axton. Any tips?

I'll be playing singleplayer alone so nothing that relies on co-op, multiplayer.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Get cheat engine and hack the game's loot tables to be about 1000x what they are by default. Its very easy to do and makes the game dramatically more fun.

Borderlands 2 is a slow slog of a grind. The default drop rates on rare weapons are literally 1 in 20,000. gently caress that noise. Hack it and have fun, its a loving single player game not an MMO worth spending millions of hours grinding in. I usually set it so its more like 1 in 20 and then you actually get some fun drops as you play.

Also when you beat the game, stop. Do not play on TVHM or UVHM under any circumstances unless you want to hate yourself.

Haha, thanks for the advice guys. It did seem like I was getting just whites and greens but it hadn't been long enough to seem out of place. I'll take a look into edited loot tables.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of MGS: Revengeance, is there any good explanation of parrying mechanics anywhere?

Like, I get the basic concept of Press Direction Stick in direction of enemy + X to block, but I can't seem to get the feel for counter attacking.

Also, I watched an LP of the game some time ago so I'm more interested in the actual gameplay.

Am I gimping myself for not exploring for collectibles?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all the MGS Rising tips!

I definitely lack the natural skill or the patience to become good at this game but I'm having fun regardless.

That said, gently caress the flamethrower UGs. Just, gently caress them forever.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Anything for Mad Max?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Anything for Rebel Galaxy that's not on the wiki?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Any good tips for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen?

Is it worth exploring every area, house, etc.?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, that's a lot of info!

Is the game fun even if still played "casually"? I don't have more than an hour or two each weekend to play and the trailer made it look a bit like an arcadey and less hard Dark Souls.

Also, keyboard and mouse or controller? I'm on PC.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Is Final Fantasy VI worth playing nowadays? Anything I should know about it?

dpkg chopra fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Got Starlink: Battle for Atlas on a whim.

Any tips?