Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Need No Instruction
Jul 23, 2007
To Know How To Rock

gradenko_2000 posted:

How do I get good at playing Uplink?

You are correct, InterNIC is the best first connection to route from, and you always want to bounce off as many connections as you can. A good starting tip is to use InterNIC to search for the different Bank Servers and create and account at every bank you find. Use those bank servers to bounce connections. If you have an account at a bank it slows down the "active" trace time at those servers so you have more time to do your missions.

There is also a "passive" trace that occurs after you have disconnected, and this is why you are getting arrested. As soon as your mission is completed you will want to connect straight to InterNIC and delete the logs that say "connection routed to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and that you accessed the Admin share, but leave the logs that show you have connected to InterNIC because when you disconnect there will be a log added showing that there was a disconnection and if I remember correctly the game will continue the passive trace if there are disconnection logs with no corresponding connection log.

Hope that helps.

edit: spelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Need No Instruction
Jul 23, 2007
To Know How To Rock
Anybody got some pointers for King of Dragon Pass?

I know it's primarily story driven but I'm not sure if there are important events that can ruin my day if I walk in too blind, also my people are constantly starving no matter how many cattle I have to slaughter.

Need No Instruction
Jul 23, 2007
To Know How To Rock
Thanks for the advice! I will try to salvage whats left of my current village, but a re-start may not be a terrible option.

Need No Instruction
Jul 23, 2007
To Know How To Rock
Anything for Battle Brothers?

It seems like it could be a good game, but it is kicking my rear end at every turn. It seems like my dudes are missing a lot and the enemy bandits just constantly hit me with arrows and any attempt to disengage in melee to create distance just gets me hit with attacks of opportunity on top of it all.

Need No Instruction
Jul 23, 2007
To Know How To Rock
Anything for Warframe?

I only got to play for about 30 mins so far and it seems like there is a lot to it (and also the default keyboard + mouse controls are kind of annoying).