Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ainsley McTree posted:

Anything for dragon quest heroes? I've played a lot of musou games but not much DQ, so anything you can tell me about gear, crafting, or skill point allocation would be good.

its super simple.

for gear, buy the best you can from the store and craft the best you can from the alchemist guy but don't go crazy on crafting because you'll be grinding for an advantage you don't actually need at all to kick the games rear end. instead of blowing mini medals and time on ingredients and recipes, horde your medals and use them to buy ultimate weapons.

for skill points, focus on the skills that have the following traits:
1. the characters face for an icon - these are your character special moves buy these first
2. lengthening tension time or restoring mp on crits - these make you have a longer super form and give you more magic to spam
3. the stat upgrades on the right that cost 3 - don't be buying the ones that cost 10 in your unique skill box like a chump when so many of them cost 3 next door.

for characters, they are all good but bianca is probably the strongest because she can just kill an entire wave whenever she wants as long as she has some mp. she has a super move that isn't as deadly as other characters and is prone to being wasted by bad aim, and her regular attacks are slow and weak, but her spells and tension mode are insane.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

avoid skill for the first run unless you are married to the cane. there are few good skill weapons until mid game.

pick the ax, pump strength, and you are good for a long loving while once you get the rhythm of combat down.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is it worth hording cores or do you get a good supply later on in the game?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i got my hands on a copy of dead rising for the first time. never played it before, just started. is it known for being a really dark game? i've got the tv brightness up and i didn't see a brightness slider in the game but its really dim and i checked that its not a console issue by playing another game.

also i passed kent's quest but i don't know what he wanted or what exactly I did that got me the right picture. i just took like 50 photos of him jump kicking zombies until one of them was good enough. learned how to reload the camera which is good i guess. is there a way to check mission criteria while you play? are lots of missions as vague as this early one?

Also a barricaded survivor ran up and killed me and lost me an hour of progress when i was low on health. i assumed survivors would be my friend - did i piss him off or are there certain characters you just need to knock around a bit before they calm down?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

how do i give items to an npc in dead rising? the only option that pops up when i go near them is hold hands

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FredMSloniker posted:

I took a look at the wiki for Shadow of Mordor, since it went on Steam sale and I decided to check it out, and I didn't see a couple of tips I remember from when folks were gushing about it in the favorite things thread. Specifically, I remember reading that it's best to just focus on the main quest until... some point (because then you have all the tools to make faffing about and doing sidequests more fun) and that there are some perks/talents/whatever to avoid because they make the game too easy and keep the whole 'your death makes interesting things happen' mechanism from kicking in. Thing is, I don't remember the specifics. Can anyone help?

when you get to the second of the two game world maps one of the first few missions gives you the mind control power that changes up the game pretty dramatically

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vadun posted:

Anything for Dragon Quest Heroes:The world trees woe and the blight below?

Basically what's a fun party to put together and is there a limited number of mini-medals in the game?

play with the characters you like they are all good but here are some things i've noticed:
Pick aurora instead of lucius. her ice moves are way more useful because they freeze bad guys in place and lucius is kind of an annoying character.
terry rules but is pretty similar to your main character so doesn't bring a lot of diversity to your group but is very powerful.
Bianca is way OP and very different from other characters in how she plays - great character to bring along for both mobs and bosses.
Jessica can heal you if she has mp so i usually take her if the fight is tough.

mini medals can be got via grinding but are very rare. don't waste them in the early game unless you know what you want.

as far as general tips, buy skills that have your character's face on them first. don't buy 10 point stat boosts, there are tons of 3 point stat boosts available so 10 is a huge waste.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fat Samurai posted:

Anything for Galak-Z? I'm very bad at action games, but liked the aesthetics of this one.

i quit in chapter 2 because the progression system didn't really feel like progress at all. I heard they might have unfucked everything but it was not fun at launch for me. incredibly tense and tedious is how i would describe it. when you get to chapter 2 learn to use the upgrade they give you really well because its the only thing you can rely on if you die and lose all your great laser upgrades etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

The game was balanced around the idea of people dropping irl money on Rockstar Shark Cards anyway, which is why actually making any money is next to impossible and turning even the tiniest profit on properties takes a few hundred real-time hours.

if you don't update the game you can make infinite money with a broken penny stock from the beginning of the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Just Cause 3 just came out, so clearly now is the right time to play Just Cause 2. Any tips? Essential mods?

unlimited ammo/cash is huge for enjoyment. base game is a major pain in the rear end about it.

multiplayer mod is big for keeping the game interesting too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

witcher series combat is just rough and takes a lot of patience to learn. if you try a bunch of things and it doesnt click for you, play on easy. the story makes it still worth it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mick Swagger posted:

how do I best break the game?

get it on pc or ps4 and it lets you cheat your way through with a button press. otherwise train mimic materia until you can get your whole party throwing out 4x of a summon at once.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pseudoscorpion posted:

I'm partway through the prologue of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Anything I should know as the game begins to ramp up proper?

the side missions have all the exp you need in them. avoid field encounters as much as possible. the enemy variety is pretty bad in the game so they get boring fast

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RatHat posted:

Anything for Ori and the Blind Forest?

i thnk its possible to save in places that gently caress you over if you aren't careful and i don't know if they patched that out recently

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oldpainless posted:

Kicking it old school. Shenmue? Thanks.

don't make ine san worry

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i was shocked how short the campaign is once you get passed all the waiting. its like 12 missions iirc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Poison Mushroom posted:

Anything for Talos Principle? I'm mostly worried about if there's missable things.

the game makes you think at first that only the green puzzles are necessary for progress but that becomes untrue quickly. the yellow ones unlock items that are necessary for progress and red ones eventually show up once you clear the tutorial area and realize the scope of the game. the only things that are truly unnecessary are the stars.

nothing is missable because its all clearly labeled for you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Chibi Robo (GameCube)?

its been too long for me to remember anything specific but have fun its such a cute game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gonna start deus ex human revolution pretty soon any really broken character builds to go for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

What should I know?

ya done good