Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Arcsech posted:

If I recall correctly, when you kill him, you get a key to one of the domes in the area you first meet him which has a small treasure chest inside. The loot from that isn't anything special. But if you wait and kill him later, he has a key to his apartment on him, which I believe contains an audio log, some plasmid, and an achievement.

Either way, you get an achievement for taking a picture of his corpse, so be sure to do that.

There is also a weapon upgrade station that you need to get for the "Upgrade all weapons" achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Anyone got tips for Resident Evil 2 for the Dreamcast? I'm having a hell of a time keeping my inventory well managed. Right now I have three objects that are probably gonna be used for puzzles, a small key and my knife, gun, ammo, etc, so I can't pick up an item I need to finish a puzzle. Apparently theres no drop item option, and I have no items I can use to get rid of. I'm in the Police Station, is there somewhere to store items I just overlooked or something, and will I have to be running back and forth to storage places a lot for puzzles?

Small Keys are for locked desks, which usually have First Aid Sprays in them, so you can dump them in a box (I can't remember a time I didn't have a bunch of healing items).

You'll find the storage boxes in most of the save point rooms (looks like a huge metal box)

I used the knife about 0 times in any of the RE games, unless it was a plot point (like in Code Veronica)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Jagtpanther posted:

Gears of War 2

I've played #1 before and I'm just in the opening minutes of #2 - I want to bag as many achievements as I can on my play through without any major spoilers. I'm playing on Hardcore difficulty. Good/bad guns/tactics/etc. would be appreciated!

Once you get a sniper rifle, keep it at all times (unless you opt for a Torque Bow, either are good). Since you're playing on Hardcore just stick with the Lancer/Sniper (or Torque) combo. And no matter what difficulty you play on, Dom will be useless. Stay in cover when available until all enemies are dead (No infinite respawning enemies ala CoD games)

If you want to pick up all the collectibles during your first play through, Achievement Hunter has video guides for all of them.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

GrumbleGrumble posted:

Gears of War 2 - Reaching level 50 on Horde
This should be a good one stop guide for anyone who hasn't played Horde and wants all the info you learn by playing it a lot. This is probably a little too detailed, so I've bolded the very important stuff.

Resource 1 : Shields
- Plant shields backwards so that the normal Locusts can't kick them down. This is why everyone creates walls of shields, to make sure the normal Locusts can't get around them and kick them down, opening the floodgates.

FYI, they patched this out with the TU. They are still useful though for keeping the larger enemies out.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

samoth posted:

Yeah, once you pick up the skulls they replace one of your weapons. To get the achievements for them do I have to keep them for a certain amount of time, or does just picking them up complete the achievement (the very first one, "blind", isn't part of the achievement and i haven't played enough to get to the second one to see).

When you pick up a gold skull and achievement message will show up, then you can just drop it and continue going. Silver skulls won't display a message, so make sure you hold them for at least 10 seconds so it registers.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Getting Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution from Gamefly. Anything I should know? What's useful/useless etc.

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 16, 2009

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Revolution, I thought the inclusion of Gamefly would have narrowed it down.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Not entirely related to the thread, but I couldn't figure a better place to put it.

I was reading about old adventure games and on some list I discovered the title Shadow of Destiny. I looked it up on Wikipedia, it seems to be an oldschool style adventure game (like monkey island, longest journey, etc) released in the PS2 era and it seemed pretty interesting, about fate and time travel or something. Has anyone played this, and is it a good game?

It's decent. Time traveling to the past and fixing the future type dealy. I think getting some of the alternate endings are a hassle.

And don't forget the frying pan!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Sylphosaurus posted:

Requesting some Army of Two help regarding what kind of weapons and upgrades I should go for in the beginning.

I also wonder whether there is a way to outfit your CPU controlled partner with weapons of my own choice.

Well, when you get far enough into the game, there is a mission where you blow up a bridge to assassinate a target. This has a checkpoint right after you run back down, so you can repeat this easily for about 10k I think.

For weapons, Don't bother with the minigun/grenade launchers and most of the shotguns.

For Primary: Aug or PKM. In the beginning I think the AK is a good starter.
Secondary: .44 Model 29 (fully upgraded will one shot most enemies)
Special: SVD

I don't remember about equipping your partner though.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I've started Condemned: Criminal Origins twice now, but it's so boring. Your guy walks at 0.5 mph and when you've seen one lead pipe fight you've seen them all. Does it get any better, or is the entire game comprised of walking around really slowly and occasionally beating the poo poo out of punks?

It doesn't change much at all, guns come into play later, but it's pretty much the same.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

sexual rickshaw posted:

Anyone have any tips for Devil May Cry 4 or Spellforce 2?

For DMC4, make sure you remap the controls so you can always hold down Shoot comfortably for charged shots, they're pretty good upgraded.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I have Warhammer: Battle March coming and can't find much about it.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

projecthalaxy posted:

Another Fallout 3 question. I went and found the Alien Blaster, and its accompanying ammo cache. Am I limited to 120 shots for the whole game with this thing or is there some way of converting regular energy/MF cells to Alien Energy?

If you have Broken Steel then when you go onto the Mobile Launch Platform in Adam's Air Force Base there is a locked box with an extra blaster and 3-4 locked ammo containers with more AB ammo.

And you'll probably be able to get even more with the Mothership Zeta DLC.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Getting Operation Darkness from Gamefly. Tell me how to shoot nazi werewolves and other enemies with ease! (and any gamebreaking things)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Foul Fowl posted:

Going to run through Army of Two in a few days with a buddy, is there anything in particular I need to know? I really want to play through the game "blind" but I'm one of those people who freak out about upgrading lovely weapons and such, so I'm mostly asking is there's any outstandingly terrible/later replaced weapons I should avoid?

You don't really have to worry about it since there is a really easy point in the game to farm money (and it's quick too). But if you just want the good stuff:

Assault Rifle:Aug
SMG: P90
LMG: SAW or PKM
Handgun: .44 Model (fully upgraded will 1 shot most things)

I tend to not use the Shotguns or Grenade Launchers.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

quote:

- You can break the game by maximizing Alchemy and creating killer potions that stack with each other. (Don't do this on your first runthrough).

Or you can make the "Snowball" spell and have ridiculous stats 5 minutes into the game. Be so strong you break your weapon after one swing!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Excalibur_Z posted:

Don't do the bonus dungeon near the end of the game. I found it to be an immense dungeon crawl with little in the way of payoff. There's not much to say beyond that because the battle system is constantly evolving (up to 6 times) and you have to adapt throughout the game. The story is mostly crap unfortunately.

But if you want the extra character then you have to do it, and there are some good items too. The bonus dungeon is also good for level/money grinding if you need either. I recommend getting the maps off of Gamefaqs though so you can get all the treasures and don't get lost.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

blackguy32 posted:

Anything I should know for Assassin's Creed II? I picked it up at the Best Buy sale.

Collect all the codex pages when they become available, otherwise you'll have to go back and get them for advance the story later on.

Some buildings/landmarks have "glyphs" on them. If you don't get them after passing the place a couple times, you'll stop getting the pop-up that will tell you it's there.

Go here if you get stuck on glyph puzzles, or want to get all the feathers.
http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Assassins-Creed-II/

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Vidaeus posted:

I need a tip for this game. I played Assassin's Creed 1 and while it was OK, I never finished it because everything you do in the game was so repetitive. I wanted to like it but just couldn't. Will I find the same thing with the sequel?

No, forget AC1 even existed.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

STFU Pumpkinhead posted:

I'm going to be starting a playthough of Eternal Sonata when I get home from vacation, anything to keep in mind?

There is a dungeon set aside at the end for grinding levels,gold, and resurrecting Claves.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Borderlands and Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Record of Agarest War anyone? Don't get much from the screenshots except it looks like FFT and :sonia:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

gravyflood posted:

This may be cheating, as I've attempted it a few times before, but any tips for Viva Pinata?

If you need money, just keep buying/growing Hazelnut Trees. The seeds are 85 coins and a full grown tree will sell for 330-390 coins (I think it depends on how spaced out they are from each other).

Buy the watering can upgrades as soon as possible, as they decrease the rate that plants need watering.

When you get the shovel upgrade that lets you dig holes for seeds, always do that when you plant since it helps their growth rate.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

OilSlick posted:

Without giving anything away, is there any point to running around Monteriggioni in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood? I know there's a time limit, but is there anything to do there? I'm on Sequence 4 right now.

There are items you can pick up (You only need to pick up one for an achievement/trophy)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I have Disgaea 3 coming. I haven't played the other two so I don't know what I'm getting into.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Vizrt posted:

Starting up Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition soon. I didn't see much info on the wiki so I searched through the thread and compiled what I found. I may have missed some as there was quite a bit. If anyone wants to add it to the wiki here is what I came by and compiled.

If you really need gold (some items are expensive) you can do the Junk sell/buyback glitch. Also works for duping tomes.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Monicro posted:

LA Noire

Do the side missions dispatch gives you as they come up. They help you rank up (more Intuition Points, outfits, etc). If you decide to do them later on you'll end up having to drive across the entire city to get to the crime scene.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Demostrs posted:

What should I know before I play Bad Company 2 online? I feel like I should actually play some multiplayer, but I heard that you don't start out with a lot of poo poo that you want, and I have no idea how I could be effective.

Yeah you are at a disadvantage for both class unlocks and level perks starting out. All classes have their use. You can start with Recon and just throw motion mines for easy XP, or get a few levels for Medic and just toss medpacks and revives (easily the best 2 ways to get XP per game)

Don't forget to spot people! (Back/Select button when your crosshair is over an enemy) It's another way to get points and help your team.

Shotguns are really good.

Really you don't even have to kill people to get tons of XP in Battlefield.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

HondaCivet posted:

I played Dark Souls and really loved it so I went and bought Demon's Souls too. Could someone go over the things in Demon's that might throw me off, having come from Dark? Also are there any really dumb not-obvious things I should avoid doing, like eating Fire Keeper souls in Dark?

You have item burden in Demon's Souls, but there is an NPC in the Nexus that acts like your personal bank, so make sure to drop off upgrade stones/shards and weapons you won't use.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

I'm finally able to play Dark Souls next weekend, after months of rereading the manual and lamenting the fact that my console is a hundred miles away. I need some tips for good starting items and classes. I think I was going to pick the pendant as my gift, because as far as I'm aware that is important to the plot. As for starting class, which is a nice easy one to play? I fancy trying pyromancer, but I don't want to try that if it means I'll get merked readily. Knight looks like it would be easy to play in that it can take a fair amount of a beating, but will the lack of mobility hinder me much? Are there any traps/enemies that are total dick moves out of nowhere that I should be aware of? Any bosses that are particularly insidious?

Knight is a good class to start with if you're new to the game. They have really good armor which you won't really replace until you get to Darkroot Garden and pick up Elite Knight Set or the Stone set.

Pyromancer only starts with Fireball, but it works great on the first 2 or 3 bosses and will kill most of the early enemies with one cast. You can upgrade your glove (only costs souls, no stat leveling required) to boost your pyro damage once you find one of the pyro trainers in the Depths.

Cleric starts with heal which is very good since it saves you Estus flasks.

Only gift worth taking is Master Key.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Holistic Detective posted:

Anyone got anything for Yakuza 4? It's the first in the series that I've played and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by the sheer amount of poo poo there seems to be to do. Is there anything I can miss by progressing too far in the main story? Oh and is there a reasonably easy way to earn money?

Like SpazmasterX said, Baccarat is the best way to get money, so save/reload til you get as much as you like. I think there was a free DLC that gives you more items to use to win mini games.

When you get to the second character, you need a piece of Ash wood (I think). There are 2 ways to get one: Win one from the Batting Cages, or pick up a locker key. I recommend getting the key (it's stuck in some billboards by a parking structure). But make sure to only pick it up when you control that character because items don't transfer between characters until you hit the final act.

After you beat it you can do anything you missed in Premium Adventure, so don't worry and just have fun.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Wegee posted:

I beat metro 2033 last month and I'm going to be starting Last Light today. Anything I should know? There were a lot of good tips for metro 2033 but I don't know how different Last Light is.

I think the big one was just to buy air filters when you can because I guess they get pretty scarce in the latter half of the game (playing through it myself at the moment)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

WarLocke posted:

I'm going to play Sleeping Dogs again but I haven't touched it in forever. Any tips?

Go on date(s) with the girls you meet when they become available, completing them adds the ability to see collectibles on the map.

Keep the food/drink/tea buffs on you when you can, it helps, and you are never a real man if you aren't full of pork buns.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Anything for AC: Unity? Only thing I've read is to get the locksmith skills for more money. On console so I can't just CE everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Anything for Lords of the Fallen? Pretty well versed in the Souls-like games.