Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

Captain Novolin posted:

Brick is awesome if you pump the right skills (the punching poo poo ones) but he very quickly gets behind when it comes to weapon skills, since when you use his special you can't get weapon EXP like with the other classes.

If you're gonna play Brick, stick with his berserk tree for about the first half of the main game, and when you get about 15-18 levels and a decent rocket launcher switch over to his explosives tree right away. Punching hits diminishing returns really, really fast (especially when you go through a new game+), but rockets are loving outrageous and you hit a point where every time you kill something you start pumping six rockets a click into something, it rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

Clever Spambot posted:

Quina is very good if you bother to put in the effort to get him/her the right abilities but i never bothered.

If you're giving Quina a try, immediately open up a blue magic guide for him/her and start on it, do not try and grind it out later. There's actually some very powerful abilities like Lvl-5 Death and Mighty Guard that you can pick up very close to the Marsh Quina appears at.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
Not only that, but the "good old" days of beatng an enemy down, eating it, and seeing "Taste Bad!" pop up and turning my PSX off right that second. :suicide: Blue Magic is fun and useful, but gently caress the hoops you have to jump through for it.

Anyway, I'm starting to play Breath of Fire IV for the first time, any general tips?

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
I'm just starting the Super Mario Galaxy games for the first time, and besides getting the all the stars is there any stuff I should know? I vaguely recall something I saw before about purple coins being a waste of time to get, are these needed to fully complete galaxies?