Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

SiKboy posted:

Anything for Steamworld Heist it seems fairly straighforward, but I just got my rear end kicked the first time I encountered big mechs with shields, so worth asking.

Sally is really, really good. Give her a strong handgun, your best ammo and try to soften up multiple enemies with your other squddies as necessary. So long as she gets the killing blow she can routinely chain one bonus kill after another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Should I start with Easy mode and work my way up?

Yes

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

At level 35 you can do a ground pound.

You know, it's really hard on your knees. Totally impractical.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

Anything I should know before beginning Masquerada: Songs and Shadows?

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

Do not download the Fast Travel mod, it may break your saves. Do download the max carrying capacity mod.

Someday I'll carve out some time for Witcher 3. I was curious about the Ghost Mode combat mod... would it be suitable for a first playthrough?

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

For the shield, the dash melee and regular melee attacks have no recovery time between them. You can just dash + double tap for a nice chunk of damage, ideally with the backstab and wall slam bonuses. The shield is excellent defensively, as youíre almost entirely protected from the front while powering up the charge attack and while in mid-charge.

Later on you can unlock the Chaos shield variant, which when leveled up lets the special fire multiple shields all at once. This is very powerful ó either charge to close range and shotgun them all into a beefy enemy, or let the spray of shields bounce around the room and damage a multitude of weaker foes.

Magitek fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 15, 2019

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I think there's a boon to immediately proc on special damage too, but that might have been removed in a patch since I haven't seen it in a while.

Nah, itís still in the game. Definitely best when paired with the other support boon that increases Doom damage but also increases the delay before it activates.

edit: Upon consulting the wiki, itís a Duo boon that can only appear if youíve collected boons from both Ares and Athena.

Magitek fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 16, 2019

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

Anything for Shadows: Awakening? Picked it up from Fantatical for 3 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

Krazyface posted:

There's a scripted economic crash in late '08, try to plan around that

I think youíre supposed to spend all your money on apples and alphabets or something