Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Solarin posted:

How about System Shock 2? Including how to get it to run under Windows XP. I'm on an old game kick and would really like to play this but keep crashing trying to start a new game. I've tried compatibility mode with no success, anyone have any success getting it running under XP?

The game can't run on multi-threaded CPUs. Open SS2, then go to task manager and right click on the ss2.exe (whatever it is called), go to "Set affinity", and uncheck all but one box. This has to be done each time you run the program, but should let it run normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

qbert posted:

I'm about to pick up Symphony of the Night from the PSN, it being one of the few "great" PS1 titles I never played. Any tips?

Nothing too specific:
1) Depending on your luck (literally luck, not the "luck" stat), a lot of boss fights tend to be extremely easy or extremely hard. There are many items which can totally break the game by making it too easy, but you can choose not to use them.
2) Some items have special moves.
3) The goal for total exploration is not 100%

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 14, 2008

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

RBA Starblade posted:

Just get used to hearing "DARK METAMORPHO-DARK METAM-DARK-DARK ME-DA-DARK METAMORPHOSIS-DARK META-SOUL STEAL!" a lot. I still can't get the drat spell to work on the first try.

Also, Dark Metamorphosis makes is so that any enemy that sprays little bits of square blood will heal you for a short time when you attack them. Some enemies don't give off blood.