Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Agnostalgia posted:

Thanks. But there are a lot of times you're forced into foot combat (sieges, tourneys, ambushes, etc). I always end up getting beaten down in ground combat because enemies don't recoil after being blocked for long enough for me to get a hit in.

Invest heavily in bow or crossbow skills. Ground melee fighting is horribly tedious against the AI, so you might as well abuse the bows. On the subject of ground fighting: Once you get to the point of sieging/defending castles you will want to try and keep your cavalry in the back away from fighting. As soon as you have your own holding have two seperate armies being trained: A cavalry swarm for field fighting and an infantry only, crossbow heavy ground group for castle fighting. Trying to use your cavalry as front-line ground fodder will just have them all massacred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU