Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clearly not a horse
May 8, 2009

undue butt brutality is not a criminal offense
Dead Space (PC)

- Turn off Vertical Sync
- Get used to the camera. The way it is zoomed in on Isaac creates a sense of claustrophobia. I both appreciated it and hated it.
- The last boss is a joke. Dodge a tentacle, dodge a missile, shoot at the same weak spots, wait for the tentacle to attack again, repeat until death scene.
- The death scenes are fun and gory. Dying in Dead Space is actually fun.

Deus Ex

- You will reinstall it at least once or twice a year.
- The silenced pistol is probably the best weapon in the game.

Deus Ex: Invisible War

- The levels are divided into small parts which is 1/2 of a typical Half Life 2 map. This is a major drawback as the loading times are horribly long. Be sure to drink a lot of alcohol-free beer so you can take a wee while entering a new door. That way, the time is not all wasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clearly not a horse
May 8, 2009

undue butt brutality is not a criminal offense

Dr Snofeld posted:

I got Operation Flashpoint years ago but the fiddliness of the controls put me off, is there a way to set it to have the usual fixed mouselook instead of that floaty thing it does? What else should I know about it? It came with both the expansions too.

Enjoy it. In terms of immersion, this game is a gem. I don't know about the mouse thingy, but the "floaty thing" is part of the game.

- Cover
- Scout for enemies
- Be careful
- Use you binoculars (The only game where I've used binoculars, except Crysis.)
- Protect your teammates

This is a game that rewards immersion. Never played the expansions.