Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

While we're asking about things that are viable in Underrail:

Is Unarmed combat viable? The number of feats it get to help it out seems like they at least tried to make it so. Would it need to be supplemented by other melee weaponry/guns?

I've got a guy rolled up that I was planning on trying as pure unarmed, but I haven't had time to do more than the tutorial, where I couldn't get a melee attack to come out against the sentry bot at all, with a weapon or unarmed either one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Count Chocula posted:

Anything for Crimson Skies on the original Xbox?

I haven't played the XBox version, but if memory serves the PC version was basically the same.

- The planes you unlock aren't inherently "better" than the one you have. Some of them fill other roles, some of them are just complete trash, and some are side grades. If you find a plane you like, feel free to stick with it. It's not Ace Combat style plane unlocks.
- When in doubt, bring bigger guns. Never bring anything smaller than a .50 cal, it's a waste of space. There is supposed to be a range vs power tradeoff, and at the high end (like the .70 cals) that's something you might have to consider. However, anything smaller than a .50 cal does poo poo damage and the range increase doesn't offset that. So consider .50 cals your "general" gun, and move up from there if you think you can.
- For Ammo, if you don't want to deal with swapping ammo types, just take Explosive rounds (Ex). They do 1.5x damage to both armor and structure. This makes it strictly superior to Slug rounds, and only a .5 multiplier behind either Dum Dums (.5 Armor, 2x internal) and are equal to the bonus of Armor Piercing (1.5x against armor, .5 against structure). If you don't mind having multiple sets of guns, you can bring one set with AP or Explosive and another set with Dum Dums once you strip the armor. It'll be slightly faster killing in exchange for a little more micromanagement of your resources.

Beyond that, just remember that you're basically in an old school Pirate movie, but in planes. If something seems like it'd be a movie stunt, you probably get a secret achievement or bonus for doing it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Aren't there two Crimson Skies games for the XBox? I thought there was the one that was like the PC version, and then a second one more like you described (which had a subtitle that I forget).

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sleeping Dogs - You're Chinese Batman. Counterpunch everyone.
Oh, and if you get ahold of a pistol semi-early, it can hilariously short-circuit some of the sidequest events. Don't be afraid to use it from time to time.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Melee is remarkably viable, especially if you take the perk in the Agility tree that lets you dash to targets in VATS from range.
In fact, really every type of weapon is viable, especially if you don't neglect your crafting skills.
If you don't feel like dealing with Strongholds, you don't HAVE to.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If I recall, each point of INT is approximately 3% XP bonus.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

My Lovely Horse posted:

well, the working distance for rape is usually even shorter, so

Depends on how well made the machine is, clearly! Japan has made great strides in this area.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Male Man posted:

They'll only know you were there because someone stole all their candy bars.

And if there's time, the whole vending machine.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

anilEhilated posted:

Anything for Aarklash: Legacy? I've heard it described as linear Icewind Dale so it's likely to be hard as balls.

I haven't completed it (mostly due to lack of time rather than lack of enjoyment), but I didn't find it to be that hard in what I played. It's a tactical RPG, and the challenge level is pretty nice. You'll need to think and use your strengths where appropriate, so it is a little Icewind Dale-y in that regard.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Katreus posted:

For Uplink, the advice currently says:

1 - [time] Connection from (your IP) established
2 - [time] Connection from (your IP) logged off
3 - [time] Connection from (your IP) established (the connection you're on right now)
4 - [time] (your IP) gained admin priviledges

And to delete lines 1-2 and 4. I understand why 4 needs to be deleted. Why is it necessary to delete 1 and 2? Can I just delete the little line that says that I routed elsewhere from Internic? Or will the AI actually check times logged in and out?

It's mostly for thoroughness, but the "passive" trace does check times and such. The more of your trail you clear (correctly), the less likely you are to get caught.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Katreus posted:

So does that mean I can just delete all of my logs in and out of Internic then? (Other than the 1 I'm currently on, of course.) Or would that be just as weird?

If I recall that would depend on the version of the delete utility you're using. If you've got the one that removes the blank space and shifts everything over it so it's like it was never there, it's probably fine. As long as you're careful to never touch the connection log for the session you're currently on, you should be fine to delete anything else in that situation. The crappier delete utilities that still leave a bunch of evidence behind, you're probably better off just deleting what you need to delete.

[EDIT] Also, it might be worth getting in the habit of clearing more than just Internic. Internic is useful, and is definitely one of the points you want to use. But it never hurts to have 1-2 more hops that are not very secured you can use as additional points and then clear your trail there too.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Need No Instruction posted:

Anything for Warframe?

I only got to play for about 30 mins so far and it seems like there is a lot to it (and also the default keyboard + mouse controls are kind of annoying).

The SA thread has a good list of stuff to not spend platinum on unless you're whaling out.
Even if you buy/craft a weapon you don't like, hang onto it until you level it to max, as you get Affinity for each level of weapon and frame, which lets you rank up. Some weapons are rank restricted.
Don't be afraid to swap your loadout around based on the mission you're going to run, particularly the damage types on your weapon. Different enemies have different resistances (though generally they break down by which race of enemy you're fighting).
With the new mobility system, you can save yourself from a lot of missed jumps using the mid-air torpedo move. Learn to love it.

Also, get some friends or fellow goons to play with. The game is a lot more fun playing with people than it is solo.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

double nine posted:

Grim Dawn, is there anything to pay attention to before starting? Is it a "find and follow a build" type of game or can you intuit or improvise or respec your way through the game without much trouble?

In the first camp, the one you start outside of, there's a guy in the upper right who will let you respec. You pay by the point, so it's more useful for "Am I going to like this skill?" than reworking your entire build, but it's still pretty nice to have. For the constellations points you get from shrines, just have a general idea of what you want to do with your character and then take a look at the various constellation bonuses. They tend to be grouped by color, so if you see a bunch of caster stuff in the green section, you're probably safe to check out other colors on your melee fighter.

Beyond that, have you played action RPGs before? Then you know what's going on here. I don't recall any real traps or gently caress yous to be aware of.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Pneub posted:

Oh yeah, non-leathal stealth is the way to go if you want to try and unlock every upgrade. Just dont sweat it if you burst through a wall and accidentally snap someone's neck every once and a while.

Or if you just go full Kool Aid Man because it's cathartic. Someone said it earlier in the thread, but I agree with it: The most enjoyable way to play seems to be to stealth as much as you can, until you get caught. Then rather than reloading and trying again, just deal with it and go loud. You still get a fair amount of bonus xp (which isn't strictly necessary, but is nice), you get to shoot mans occasionally, and you're not just spamming saves and reloads to fudge your way through stealthily.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The White Dragon posted:

Unless you have a full-stealth build and all you're packing is a lovely, plinky pistol with no upgrades. At that point, you either stealth up or you restart :(

If you're playing it with the assumption that you'll play stealth until you screw up, then the logical procedure would be to have some kind of plan for if things go non-stealthy. :eng101:

But yeah, if you're OCD enough to go full stealth, just save scum. I don't personally find that fun, but lots of people do. There's plenty of ways to play Deus Ex games.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The White Dragon posted:

Not to mention that Potatoes have an undocumented, if easy enough to see, feature where you might harvest more than one per plot when it matures. It was a nice surprise windfall!

Undocumented? It says it right on the package.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Also, if I recall, Dark Crusade is one of the ones where the bases persist based on the sector of the map you're in. So if you beat the enemy back to a vestigial building or so, then build up a big base, if you have to defend that map you'll start with a big base ready to go instead of having to start with standard pitiful crap. It's been awhile since I've played it, though. I might be thinking of one of the other expansions.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

juliuspringle posted:

I didn't know it would only shotgun if I do a certain thing (I assume where I spin the stick and push the one button?) I thought (and was hoping) I could just push the gun button and shotgun (so long as I had the shotgun equipped). It seems like a poo poo decision choice to give you nonpistols and then not let you go crazy with them. Day of the Tentacle Remastered unlocks tomorrow though so Bayonetta can wait a bit.

As regards Day of the Tentacle Remastered, like in the original unremastered version the complete Maniac Mansion (DOTT is a sequel) is contained within as a playable easter egg.

If I recall, you have a move list and everything. You can test poo poo out pretty easily. Bayonetta is not Devil May Cry, but it does have a plenty in-depth combat system. It's just focused more on fluidty than DMC. If you want to do some nutso stuff gun-wise, there's bunch of animation cancelling gimmicks with the slow firing heavy guns.

Man, I need to play through Bayonetta again. It was probably my favorite character action game (though Revengenace was pretty good too).

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Stan Taylor posted:

Just got that Sega Humble Bundle. Tips on where to start with Shogun Total War 2 and Dawn of War 2? Even just which version to install to start. Retribution seems to have all the old content, right? As for Shogun, I've had the game for a while, but wasn't able to get into it. This is Fall of the Samurai, does not integrate into the base game or is it totally separate?

For DoW2, I found the initial campaign and the Chaos Rising campaign to be significantly more fun than the Retribution campaigns. There are technically different races you can play in Retribution, but they're all on the same maps and stuff.

Regarding actual tips, in vanilla DoW2 have a plan for what you want to spend your points on for various characters. You can't bring everyone on every mission, so it's fine to just focus on your favorites. There are some missions where one of your guys will insist on coming along, or they'll take a corruption hit. The whole corruption system is basically pointless, because none of the corrupting gear is significantly better than regular gear and the little bit of corruption you get from telling someone to go sit in a corner because he can't come on his favorite mission is nothing. As a non-spoilery aside, there is a thing near the end that hinges on whoever your most corrupt unit is. Beyond that, it doesn't really affect much as I recall.

Don't be afraid to use your consumables (grenades, demo charges). Don't neglect grabbing the bonus buildings on the maps, those bonuses add up over time. When you get to the missions where you fight huge bosses near the end, the game is basically done. They're repeatable, and that gets you Terminator armor. I think you can farm enough for everybody (except obviously your dreadnaught) if you want to, but it's really more of a bonus than anything. It's not strictly necessary. All the units are viable, take whoever you like that suits your tastes.

When you do Chaos Rising, you can import your guys partially, but due to events in the story your good poo poo (like the Terminator Armor) is damaged and can't be used for balance reasons. The Librarian in Chaos Rising is a very strong unit.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Yeah, it's been awhile since I played, so I couldn't remember the specifics between Vanilla and Chaos Rising, other than my terminator armor got trashed until most of the way through the campaign. :saddowns:

And yeah, terminator armor may invalidate some of the perks, but ASSAULT CANNON! :flashfap:

The item drop system honestly isn't bad. I found it to be one of the more enjoyable aspects in that it may affect who you bring or your playstyle without completely loving you for wanting to use certain guys. Though I never really used the Dreadnaught because I always got potato gear for him and I was always pretty set in my squad by then.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dr. Quarex posted:

Am I crazy or has nobody talked about TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION? I did not see anything since it came out, certainly.

I mean, maybe it is because there is not much to do besides "shoot a man" and it is fairly straightforward, but I am determined to get the most out of this "free with purchase of keyboard" game

Assault Rifles and SMGs are the good weapons. Marksmen rifles are fine for leveling and specific situations in missions. Shotguns and LMGs aren't very good.
There's dick all to do at max level, so enjoy the leveling process. Get a signature skill of choice while levleing, they're worth the thousand resources.
You're going to want to get all three wings to 100% eventually, but missions, side missions and encounters will get you closed to max base by the time they get you to 30 in exp.
Don't be afraid to step into the dark zone while leveling if you find it fun.
Mobs scale up for the highest level member in the party. If someone offers to power level you on their 30, the leveling wont be much faster and you'll be fighting at least level 25 mobs that will one shot you.
For endgame stuff, bring some CC skills and heals. Rough target prioritization is Shotgun guys, snipers, healers, and then whatever else.

It's buggy as poo poo like all Ubisoft products, there's no game balance at all and the current thing to do at level cap is to exploit whatever the newest glitch is to get loot faster because there's nothing to actually do.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

juliuspringle posted:

Without googling I want to say it's a type of parrot. Or a monkey. Maybe a combination? I'm gonna go google it now.

edit: Monkey, I was thinking Macaque was a parrot but it's a type of monkey with Rhesus being a related type. I knew Rhesus was a monkey but I did not know that there are a couple feral monkey colonies in America.

The parrots you were thinking of were Macaws, if that makes you feel better over the confusion.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Anybody have general tips for Bloodbowl 2?

Having money counts against your team value, and your team value determines what you face.
Don't be afraid to release some guys if they get crippled up to the point that they're no longer useful. Since they are also increasing your team value, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and get rid of a guy and hire a replacement.
Rerolls are a godsend, and if I recall they're discounted during team creation. Get at least a couple!

I'd honestly suggest looking up some guides or videos on it if you've never played Blood Bowl before in general. A lot of the basic stuff is fairly common sense, but there's a bunch of traps. Jade Star plays a fair bit of BB2 on his stream, and he's pretty good at it, and if I recall cKnoor did an LP of the first Blood Bowl that might have some advice in it.

Oh, and accept that poo poo is going to blow up in your face eventually. Probably sooner rather than later. The dice hate everyone, and no matter how many precautions you take eventually you're going to roll double skulls into double skulls on the reroll.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Some of the stuff worth looking up in Dark Souls games, particularly DS3, is the NPC quest triggers because they don't always work and half the time they're obscure.

Like in DS3, there's an area with a well in it. If you clear that area in one shot and don't come back, you don't trigger an NPC quest in that well. If you don't realize that exists and just keep clearing through the game, you hit the flag further in the game where it says "Oh you didn't go take care of that NPC, now he's dead!". I mean, that's not irreversible if you don't mind learning about it before New Game +, but it still would require you to look up those points of no return before hand.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Zaphod42 posted:

Not that you're a jerk or anything, but I actually disagree with this completely. Looking up NPC quest triggers is going to require you to spoil lots of things, and that's bad. Souls games should generally be played as blind as possible; that's the whole strength of asking questions in a thread like this instead of reading the wiki where you'll see endgame spoilers without meaning to.

NPC quests in From games are not like normal RPGs. You're not meant to do them. You're definitely not meant to succeed. Quests are a mysterious bonus element that you're meant to pick into as you play them multiple times and see the different possible results that you haven't in the past.

Its like world tendency in DeS, they're secrets that you are absolutely 100% not meant to find in your first playthrough. After you beat the game, then you can either try and dig them up yourself or you can go read the wiki to find out what to do, since there wont' be anything left to spoil. And then playing through the game to do those NPC quests gives you something to do, a reason to start a new character or play through NG+.

The quest with the NPC in the well is a perfect example of an extremely, extremely minor little detail that you really shouldn't care if you miss the first time, but its a fun bonus to go look for your second time through and go "oh that's where he was, and apparently freeing him makes him show up in that other place? oh hey that's cool."

Quests in souls games aren't anything like quests in normal RPGs. Many of them don't even have rewards! Not worth spoiling the game just to make sure you see everything on your first run through. The whole point, the whole design is to give you replayability. You're robbing yourself of that.

I suppose it's a matter of preference. At the very least, someone asking what they should know before playing should be aware that there is stuff that you might miss simply because you didn't die when they thought you would or you did some areas out of order. It lets them choose whether they want to be sure not to miss it, and if nothing else at least makes them aware there is stuff to miss due to the wonky way some of the flags are coded. With the case of the well in particular, if you missed it the first time you WONT go looking for it the second time because there was no indication he was in the well the first time. You would have to come back and check the well AGAIN even if you checked it the first time to even know the well did anything beyond the metagame knowledge of "they probably didn't put a well here for no reason", if you've played Souls games before.

If he were present the first time, I would completely agree on giving you a chance to come back later and figure it out. But the fact that you can miss ever knowing he was there is something you might want to be aware of, or you're cheating yourself out of neat little things.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

And my point is there is a difference between failing a quest without knowing why and not knowing a quest existed at all. The choice whether to care is in the hands of the individual player.

Someone handing you a puzzle and telling you to solve it is straight forward. Someone telling you there is a puzzle to be solved somewhere in this house but not what it is missable but somewhat fair. Buying a house and there being $50,000 behind a wall in the basement is not something you're going to figure out,. It's not replayability, because there is nothing telling you it exists.

People who are first time players should definitely know, at the very least, there are a handful of shittily coded quest flags. If they don't want to look any of it up, then they should know to backtrack to areas that were seemingly pointless frequently, because stuff may change for no reason and with no indication, even if there was nothing there before.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

flatluigi posted:

- Take all the characters through training mode to just get a little bit of a grasp of what they do, what their ultimates are, and what their movement is like.

- The game's built around switching characters frequently; if you/your team is having trouble swap over to a character good at solving the problem for a bit. For example, if you're getting wrecked by Bastions:

- Keep your ears open - enemies have (much) louder footsteps than your own team's + enemy ults have a different voiceclip than friendly ults. There's even a toggle to turn on Dolby Atmos if you have surround sound headphones that's probably a good idea to hit.

Related to this, prepare for every Hanzo, Genji and Widowmaker on your team to be a worthless shitter who justifies their existence by how Play of the Game prioritizes them ulting guys in a hallway. The game is more fun to play with friends, because it reduces the number of assholes who are trying to "carry" as an MLG pro instead of playing as a team.

Also, find a tank and a support you enjoy playing. Because you're not going to see a lot of them in pub games, in my experience, and they're very necessary.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Well, by Metal Gear standards it is coherent, despite being a Metal Gear story. And it has the best villain of any of the games.

I would play a game where you played as the final boss. Straight up.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

When I played through it, I had an issue where decapitations weren't even enough to kill them. They just kept coming back regardless. Sometimes with a little decorative fantasy neck brace thing where their heads were sewn back on.

It was mildly unsatisfying because it cheated me out of my victory. :saddowns::

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

And if you decide to go back to Dark Souls 1 because 3 was going to get you into the series, yes, the controls are supposed to be horrible poo poo. It's the ~*real challenge*~. They get better as the series goes on.

Alternatively, if you just want to play DS3 as a fun game, play DS3 and then look up some lore videos when you're done that explain the callbacks to DS1/2. Then you get to enjoy the current game and understand the references without dealing with bullshit.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

DS1 played like everything was bogged down in a swamp. I've felt less input lag playing games over dial up as a kid.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Bit of a weird question, but if I'm going to play Jade Empire on PC, am I better off using a controller or the mouse?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Depends on how much you enjoy playing fighting games with a keyboard. There's a lot of combat where you will manually move around and punch stuff, a controller is much better suited for action than M+KB.

Well I've already got a 360 controller for my PC, so I figured I'd ask. Some games are technically playable with KBM, but would be significantly more straightforward and enjoyable with a controller, like the Batman games. I wasn't sure if the combat in this was geared towards controller or not.

But it sounds like it is, so I'll just give it a go with the gamepad. Thanks.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

SSNeoman posted:

I'm tentatively thinking of getting into The Secret World. I heard it has a GW1-esque skill selection, so any advice would be welcome. Also what faction should I pick? Is there one known for cool armor/characters/players?

I haven't played in awhile, but faction I would honestly say pick the one that interests you the most. You're limited to 3 characters (I think?), but you're not really going to need more than that anyway. You use skills based on your equipped weapons, and you can have two weapons equipped at a time. The little card things you seem like youre picking a Class from at the start aren't really a class, they're more of a guideline for newbies to help you make a working character to start with. You're going to end up making a custom setup anyway.

I think you get a free month of Membership status when you first start playing, so take advantage of that.

It's a pretty fun little game, the main reason I stopped playing it was basically I ran out of time for MMOs.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Stardew Valley:
When you go to upgrade your watering can, it takes enough time that there's a day in the middle you don't have your watering can. This would be bad if you have crops, but you can work around it.
If you check the weather channel on the TV in your house, it will tell you if it is going to rain tomorrow. Wait until the next day is supposed to have rain, water your crops, then run to town to have your watering can upgraded.
The next day, the rain will water your crops, so you're good.
Third day, the upgrade will be done, so you go grab the upgraded can in the morning and you can water your crops that day. Bam, no dead crops from lack of water.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mayor McCheese posted:

Looking for Slime Rancher tips.

Also would like to know if this game is good or not. I've got it on my wishlist because it looked amusing, but I couldn't tell if it was enjoyable and reviews at the time were conflicted.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

FanaticalMilk posted:

I honestly don't remember where you meet him, but like other Souls games there's a dude that will come back to the Nexus and just start whacking people off.

"What do I have to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? Because I'm married..."

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

What do I need to know for Rocket League, Shadow of Mordor, Shdaowrun Dragonfall, or Shadowrun Hong Kong? For the last two I'm mostly looking for character creation tips.

Shadow of Mordor: If I recall the wiki entry for this is pretty decent, but some stuff off the top of my head:
You get the Brand ability from a story mission. It's like the second story mission after you travel to the other map.
Once you get it, I think you do one more story mission after that in the chain and it lets you actually command any captains you brand by grabbing them, dominating them, and then hitting Y (Xbox controller) or whatever your counter button is. That'll let you send them against other targets. You don't actually get the option until the mission shows you how to use it, despite being able to Brand before completing the second mission.
The final boss fights are rear end. They're not hard, but completely unsatisfying. You can continue playing after you beat the final boss fights, but really you're not missing out on anything cool if you feel like just dicking around more before you finish the story. It has a big warning before you start the final mission, so you won't do it accidentally.
The Shadow Strike stuff is pretty useful, and you unlock it early.
Ranged guys are assholes, but they're easy to kill. Flip on over there and cut them up rather than tanking the shots.
If you have the DLC, you get a rune for your sword that lets you unlock the Storm of whatever ability that basically gives you a rage meter. If you're dealing with a bullshit situation, there's not many that popping that meter and spamming executions won't get you out of.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I see the FF10 page you linked with styling (and I know I haven't accessed that page of the wiki prior, so it's not cached), and I can intermittently access the main page. I just had it load now, but if I refreshed it didn't. Very strange.

If I tried to go to the Victor Vran page, which the front page shows as the most recent entry, I get a connection reset and chrome immediately fails to load the page.

[EDIT]Are you hosting the database with the same host as the site provider, or is referencing something remotely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Centipeed, without knowing your setup I would suggest first looking at any load statistics you have. Are you getting an unusual number of hits to the database? The fact that it seems intermittent on all pages (and sometimes loads without CSS) suggests it's load based somewhere. It could be on your hosts network, or the server itself. Are you renting a dedicated server, or is it just regular hosting in the cluster? Your host might be getting hammered or having issues in their datacenter. If it's a dedicated server, I'd say use whatever remote access you've got to get connected and start troubleshooting outward.

Otherwise, call your host and have them start checking from their datacenter end. They'll bitch a lot about doing it, but unless your database is just completely jacked (which doesn't appear to be the case), it's likely their responsibility one way or the other.