Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I just got Far Cry 2, on 360, and I've put a bunch of hours into it already but I feel like I've just started the scrape the surface, so maybe it's not too late for some beginner's advice?
I think I've done 3 APL(?) missions, and now one for the UFLL and I got an achievement for switching sides. I also did missions for the arms dealer until he stopped showing up. My current loadout is the Dragunov, RPG, and Colt 45 since I like picking people off from far away, and then blowing them up.

Any pointers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Or, if you are a normal person who doesn't care about obsessively grinding achievements, some better advice would be "Play the game however you want, it will not make it any more easy or difficult in the long run."

Mass Effect achievements are somewhat worth working for since each comes with a bonus to your stats/character/whatever. But on a first playthrough, probably not worth worrying about.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Happy Bear Suit posted:

On Oblivion:
-Once you have the coin (~3000), go to Rindir's Staves in the Imperial City market and buy Apotheosis. It's one of the best Staff weapons in the game (33 shock, frost, and fire damage) and is excellent at getting yourself out of a tight situation.

And once you have Apotheosis, hop on over to Vindasel, stand on the broken pillar and blast Umbra a few times, then claim pretty much the best sword with 0 weight and a full set of ebony armor.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Vinlaen posted:

Can somebody give me some advice/tips for Fable II?

I plan to play a female warrior/mage but heavier on the mage part.

- You get 5 tier slots for spells to cast. A good combination is to have Lightning in the first slot, then Slow Time, then all Lightning. Lightning stuns enemies and the fifth tier attack does massive damage (especially when it's targeted) but takes a while to charge, which is where Slow Time comes in handy.

- Pretty much any quest that ends with a choice will affect the world later on, also some opportunity quests or conflicting quests will also shape the world differently. For example in the very beginning, if you give the warrants to the guard, when you come back later Old Bowerstone will have undergone urban renewal and will be a very wealthy district, and all the shopkeepers will give you a discount. If you don't, it stays a crime ridden slum.

- Invest in small businesses like stalls and move up to buying shops and renting out houses. The money adds up fast the more property you own.

- Even though you're going Mage, learn the Brutal Styles and Dexterous Styles anyway. I've played through the game without upgrading my Physique or Accuracy, and it's entirely do-able, but I can see it getting VERY boring if all you have to fall back on is throwing magic at people.

- Sometimes shops have Massive Sales. Keep an eye out for them, then buy their entire stock. Because later on a shop might have a Massive Shortage, and you can sell all your items for a 200% markup. Also, buying and selling in shops raises the town's economy, making shops better.

- Do the side quests! They're fun! Well mostly. Certain parts of the game explicitly tell you you're passing a point of no return, and if you have any quests open still you should go do them.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
Speaking from playing Fallout 2 here, I figure it's the same;

You trade items. You put your stuff on your side of the table, you put their stuff of equal value on the other side of the table (be it items, or gold), and you trade them. It's entirely possible to give away all your stuff for free if you didn't actually barter them for anything.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
You don't actually have to fire a shot for this part and can spend the entire time running away until the clock runs out.

Also if you like a challenge you can go up the path next to the shotgun house, and a chainsaw guy will spawn. If you can take him out you get a very valuable Ruby. Then you can go inside the shotgun house and trigger the cutscene to spawn another one.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Erdos posted:

I'm about to start Far Cry 2, any tips?

- Do all the arms dealer missions that you can to unlock guns, do the cell tower assassination missions for some quick cash to buy guns.

- Don't waste money on vehicle repair upgrades, and don't try to buy every gun. Buy guns you like and buy their upgrades and bandoliers. Syringe upgrades may or may not be worth it depending on how much you get shot.

- The Primary/Secondary/Special crates are worth it to have a second set of weapons at your safehouses instead of having to travel to a gun shop. Likewise, take over as many safehouses as you can. They're usually only guarded by 2 or 3 guys, and you'll have it forever.

- Do the alternate buddy objectives on missions! They give you safehouse upgrades like ammo boxes and vehicles. Do Underground missions as soon as they crop up so you don't run out of malaria pills.

- The breach loader grenade launcher will make you feel like the Terminator. Fire won't spread in damp areas, but in dry areas with a lot of wind? Huge inferno. Enemies drop weapons that are crap, don't ever use enemy weapons, always go back to the store/safehouse to get a better gun.

- Stealth isn't really "Get in and out without people knowing you were ever there" so much as "Cause large explosions and shoot enemies in the back then disappear around a corner then pop out somewhere else and gank other people". Basically it's about breaking line of sight long enough to drop some guerrilla warfare moves.

Advice aside, anybody have any tips for Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines? Besides not playing Malkavian first time through. I, uh, figured that out already.

Bloodcider fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 1, 2010

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm having a bit of trouble with combat in Silent Hill 2. It's strangely gratifying to be playing a character whose rear end I'm absolutely sure I could kick. I see that James' haphazard side-to-side swings are okay for taking down the tumour beasts and the mannequin horrors, but they can't hit them while they're on the ground. How do I do that kicking thing you guys were talking about?

Press the action button without aiming. James should stomp on the downed critter.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Wait until you find the wallet.

And the hole in the moth room. James generally likes reaching into places that he logically shouldn't. Daring attitude, or CRYPTIC METAPHOR?

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

al-azad posted:

Trying to clear out my backlog, what's a shorter game? Darksiders or Deadly Premonition and what should I absolutely know about the latter?

Can't speak for Darksiders, but DP took me 30 hours and I only did half the side quests.

I'll spoiler tag the items in case you want to be surprised:
- The prologue is kinda poo poo and doesn't really give a good impression of what the rest of the game will be like. Also, difficulty achievements don't stack, so go ahead and play on Easy. Nobody will judge you.

- You can blow off appointments, it doesn't matter. That's just the time frame in which you have to do them, you can do them any day you feel like. You can smoke cigarettes to advance time faster.

- You can bodyslam through doors by running at them and hitting the open button.

- You can eat meals and have drinks at the bars to stave off hunger and sleep for longer than scarfing down food items.

- Pressing Start can skip the annoying little animations like getting in/out of a car, generic Hello dialogue from people, etc. It ALSO skips cutscenes and car dialogue, so don't try to pause that poo poo.

- You can unlock several overpowered infinity ammo guns over the course of the game. In Episode 1 you should take the time to drive around the map and collect all 7 bones. In Episode 2 you'll encounter a character who will steal the bones you have. Retrieving the bones will earn you a infinity 4-shot magnum. You can then give the bones to someone else for their sidequest, and go and fetch a infinity flamethrower The clerk at the Milk Barn store also sells "Spirit Maps" which are just combat challenges, and they net you an infinity SMG and then a infinity shotgun. Replaying otherworld sections can earn you extra swag too.

- Do both of George's sidequests to unlock a fast travel radio. *I haven't actually done this, am not liable if this isn't accurate.

- Do the darts challenge at the SWERY bar to earn a sweet weapons bag that allows you to carry more than just 4 weapons at once

- If you do both Jack and The General's sidequests, you can unlock York's ride which is awesome. Also, The General will upgrade your cars, or you can just buy fancy sports cars from him. You can only do their sidequests once per chapter. So visit them once a chapter.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Dr Snofeld posted:

I just got Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop (which is the Wii version) and could use some tips. I don't know what the blended drinks do, for example, other than heal you. And do you need to go exploring between missions to get good stuff?

Man, the original Dead Rising is one of my favorite games. I never played the Wii version though. Wish I could help.

In the original, when you drank a blended drink its name would appear at the corner of the screen. There was Nectar (Orange), which attracted a single queen for you to capture. I dunno if they have that in the Wii version. Blue was Spitfire, which made your spit basically like a handgun. White was Quickstep, I think, which made you walk really really fast. Purple was Untouchable, which meant zombies couldn't latch onto you. Black was Randomizer, which just fucks up your stomach and makes you puke randomly.

Exploring - again, in the real Dead Rising - is a pretty important thing since you could always find item spawns and shortcuts and generally know your way around the mall much better. It's probably worth your time to poke your nose into nooks and crannies, raid the shops, and what not. They took out the ability to jump though, didn't they?

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Saints Row 1

Do lots of activities to stockpile cash and respect before you do the story missions. Wear lots of purple to get respect boosts.

Get a guide to do the Hitman missions since they're very frustrating in this game, but they unlock great weapons (a gold plated magnum, a super shotgun, and a platinum SMG, and ultimately a suped up rocket launcher) and doing them beforehand will give a large pool of respect.

I can't remember if this is right but I think if you get high enough respect you basically get infinity. That might be just in the second game though.

Stop by Freckle Bitch's to pick up some burgers, you can use these to heal yourself instantly when you're in a bind. Smoking a blunt will increase your damage resistance, drinking will buff your strength.

If you point your reticule at a cashier, you can hold them up and have them take you to the safe, which allows you to rob the store. You can also break in when the shop is closed at night, crack the safe, and load the box you get into your car, which you then drive to a pawn shop. If you try to rob a store twice in a row there will be a security guard waiting for you. Try getting a van and doing like 4 robberies in the high end retail area, that'll get you some nice cash.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

HondaCivet posted:

PS1. I almost got Twin Snakes but the MGS fans talked me out of it.

You made the right choice. That game was awful.

e: And you can get a Socom pistol in the truck of the Heliport right off the bat. If you miss it, it shows up in the top right room in the Tank Hanger, where the Thermal Goggles would have been. If you don't get that either, you automatically get one after you find the Darpa Chief.

Bloodcider fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 17, 2010

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

YggiDee posted:

I've finally figured out that my PSP can download games from the Playstation Network, so I'm going to be playing Metal Gear Solid.

- Keeping a ration equipped will automatically use it when you run out of Health. This is much better than dying. You get more health the further you progress in the game, but mostly you want to avoid fights.

- You have two chances to pick up the SOCOM pistol early on before the game automatically gives you one. You can get it in the truck in the heliport, or if you miss it there, the north-east room on the second floor of the tank hanger. Thermal Goggles will be here if you get the Socom outside.

- Cigarettes show hidden lasers but also drain your health (but won't kill you). Thermal goggles also show lasers, and cloaked enemies. Chaff grenades disable your radar but also disable cameras and other electric systems.

- I sort of forget the Playstation controller setup, but I think X is your crouch button and Square is shoot, right? Hold Square to aim without shooting, hold X while aiming to run and aim/shoot at the same time.

- Two punch-punch-kick combos will knock a guard out briefly. Running at them and hitting the Square button will have Snake flip them (this doesn't knock them out in one go and is best for just clearing a path). Standing still behind them and holding Square will put them in a choke hold. You can rapidly slam Square to break their neck. This is probably the best way to kill goons until you get a silencer for your Socom.

- Meryl's codec number is 140.15. Don't worry about looking at the case. Good luck with Psycho Mantis.

- There are two endings, deciding by the outcome to the torture event midway through the game. Each nets you a different, useful reward for a New Game+.

Bloodcider fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 19, 2010

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

MrJacobs posted:

I recently purchased Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow on the PC in a 2 for 5$ deal, I have never played the series before, but have been interested for a while. Anything I should know about either of these games before walking in?

They're both very Trial-and-Error. You will gently caress up and reload a lot. I don't really remember much besides that. But the series achieved complete perfection at Chaos Theory, and you should definitely check that one out even if you don't like these two because it fixes every flaw.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

PrinnySquadron posted:

Anything for Tenchu Z?

A few things about the controls:
1) With a sheathed sword, press X to get someone in a choke hold. From here you can
- Press X to Chokehold Kill them, this leaves you with your sword out which makes you more visible.
- Press B to knock them out. They will wake up after a bit or if you bump into them.
- Press RB to drag them to the ground (which will hide you if you're in bushes) From here you can press X to neck snap, which keeps you from drawing your sword.
- Drag them to a wall and press A to hold them against it. From here you can press X to stab them but automatically sheath your sword.

2) With an unsheathed sword, pressing X on an unsuspecting enemy will stealth kill them. There are different animations for most directions, including front, back, left, right, from uneven ground, mid-air, through a sliding door, around corners, and hanging from a ledge.

3) Situational stealth kills like from around a corner are cool but incredibly impractical. You can, however, drag someone into position and knock them out with B and do the move.

4) You can do consecutive kills by mashing X when more than one unaware guard are close to each other. Usually you can sometimes get two people. Or you can grab everyone on the map and knock them out next to each other and kill all of them at once. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZAwxx-1uag

5) You can pick up dead bodies by crouching (RB) and pressing X. From here you can put them back down, or tap RB to throw them. You can throw them through doors, and if you hit somebody unaware, it will kill them instantly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusHzMwfgWk

6) Holding a d-pad direction will give you a different victory animation.

7) Click the right stick near a door you peek through it. You can also crouch walk towards a ledge to peek over/under it.

8) If you're going to use a ranged weapon (which should just be the blow gun, everything else is pretty worthless I think) hold R while aiming in first person to lock on to a target, then hit RB to shoot them.

9) And finally, I always find that Agility is probably the most important, followed by strength. Starting out, Vitality shouldn't be over 100. Basically you shouldn't be getting into stand up fights, or even taking damage. More Agility means you can run a lot faster, and Strength lets you kill faster when you actually have to fight.

You can cheese the first boss fight by knocking him into the water. Enemies aren't programmed to swim and die automatically. You don't get credit/money for beating him though. You should probably bump up your health and strength for this level if you have trouble though. He is pretty cheap and the combat system is pretty stiff and irritating.

quote:

Cheers, I bought the "Eye" skill or something, but how does it work?

When you're in first person, this allows you to zoom.

Remember that when you buy skills/abilities, you also have to set them afterward. Most abilities require minimum requirements for your stats too.

Bloodcider fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 31, 2010

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

That Awful Nick posted:

Hey folks, I'm playing Resident Evil 2 for the first time. I put the first disc in, so I guess that's Leon's story? Is there anything I should know that will drastically change the way the game plays out? Any awesome items or little things I should go for to make the game more fun/easier/more memorable? I'm playing on Normal and juuuusssst got to the Police Station, if that helps. I can easily start over if I have to, though.

If you don't mind starting over; on Normal mode if you can make it to the police station without picking up ANY items, you'll find Brad Vickers shambling around the little passageway down the stairs in the front yard of the station. He's an extra tough zombie, but killing him will give you the key for the locker in the dark room. As Leon, this includes two costumes. As Claire it includes a costume and a Colt SAA revolver. You can go up to the STARS office and grab the shotgun out of the locker there to headshot him instead of wasting all your pistol ammo.

In the basement of the police station, you optionally unlock the armory and inside you'll find a sidepack that adds two items slots to your inventory, and a Mac-10 that takes up two item slots. If you pick either of these up as Leon, when you come through as Claire in Scenario B, whatever you took won't be there. You should probably just leave both for Claire, since Leon gets some ridiculously overpowered guns later on.

Speaking of; in Leon A, make sure you don't forget the Magnum in the bunk room in the police station (behind a club key door). Make sure you don't miss the Shotgun Parts in the abandoned factory, these will upgrade your shotgun into basically weaponized gently caress Yeah.

Likewise, light the flare after the trolly ride to notice the weapon locker key, and grab the Magnum Parts from the weapon locker in the lab towards the end. This will cheese pretty much anything that stands in your way.

quote:

When you fight the alligator boss you have to use a specific plug (knight I think) to dislodge a gas tank into its mouth so make sure its in your inventory.
This is completely untrue. You've already used all four plugs to get into the sewer at this point. You just have to press the button to release the canister. You can also just empty a fuckton of ammo into the croc to scare it off, and Claire will have to finally kill it when she comes through in B scenario.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

Thanks. Another question: What's the easiest way to save while working on Zombie Genocide? There's no way I'd be able to do it in one sitting. Should/can I get the maintanence key before starting so I can go up the one stairs in the tunnels to get back inside, or do I just have to avoid the convicts and get back in from the park?

Grab the key in the warehouse in the middle of the underground tunnels. Enter Paradise Plaza via the stairs on the far right, where you get the white car. The door brings you right near the bathrooms. Then you can just go back inside and hop in the freshly respawned white car.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Vita posted:

Are there any more Resident Evil 5 tips besides what's on the wiki? I'm on chapter 4 and my main problem seems to be running out of ammo. I have a stun rod, shotgun, and magnum, and Sheva has a handgun and stun rod. I've ran out of ammo completely at least 10 times using this setup, but I can't seem to figure out how to conserve it more when melee is so weak.

You can also replay chapters, like the fight against the executioner, say, or the airboat level, to harvest ammo and money/treasure. Upgrading your guns is pretty important because that poo poo just gets ridiculous at the end.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
Just ordered Splinter Cell Conviction. I remember from the demo it was nowhere near as nuanced as Chaos Theory and is more cover->shoot->sneak->cover, but I've been playing Alpha Protocol a lot lately so I'm cool with that. Anything I should know about it going in though?

And does it have split-screen terrorist hunts (or whatever they're called in this game) so I can bro it up with my roommate? We loving loved Vegas 1/2.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

McKracken posted:

Id there any reason for this? The first place I went to was the house/shack to save and then crossed back to do some hunting in New Austin for the challenges.

The song "Far Away" plays and it sets a mood and stuff, but stops playing if you get off the horse. I don't see why he had to beat around the bush to say this. Same thing happens towards the end of the game with another song.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Any hints or tips for enjoying Soul Reaver 2 ? Having never played any of the Legacy of Kain series I'm wondering if starting off here will leave me lost with whats going on in regards to the story?

The Legacy of Kain series is all about time travel and paradoxes and rewritting history and predestination complexes the entire story fold over on itself and loops around and has absolutely no right to make any sense at all but it does, but you'll be so goddamn lost starting with SR2. Get on a wiki and read a plot summary of what's happened so far or something because the story is loving awesome.

Blood Omen 2 is pretty lame though.

quote:

The mysterious stranger sidemission must be finished before the endgame, but isn't needed for 100%.

To clarify, the questline is called "I Know You", there's one mission in each territory and they're just fantastic.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I just ordered Dragon Age Origins on a whim. What am I getting myself into? Keep in mind I haven't played a proper RPG in years, but I loved KOTOR 1 & 2 and don't care much for Bioware's other games.

I also ordered Tomb Raider Underworld. I figure that one's pretty straightforward though.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Astfgl posted:

Dragon Age stuff

Thanks dude. I remember seeing a whole lot about the game but it wasn't in the wiki and the thread's too big to go back and check. I'm sure this will all make much more sense once I start playing.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

About to buy Riddick Dark Athena. Which game should I play first? Escape from Butcher Bay or Dark Athena? What is the actual better game so I can play that last. Does it even let you choose which you want to play?

Same as the guy above me said, go with Butcher Bay. Athena's redeeming qualities include it's characters and voice work (see: Jaylor), and the art designs are cool and all, but the levels are all just shooting. Lots and lots of gunfights.

You can stealth/brutally punch your way through like 75% of Butcher Bay though, and you should. Keep an eye out for sidequests since there's a bunch of them in each prison section).

And when you're fighting hand-to-hand remember to use footwork. In the original EFBB you could just block/parry/combo anyone from one spot. Now you have to move around a lot more because your opponents can counter and break your attacks.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

Riddick is a fun game and all, but what is up with some of these bullshit melee fights? I feel like I am doing something wrong since the computer will constantly block and immediately counter my hits. Then when I try to do the same thing, they block and counter that. That being said, I cheesed my way through Dark Athena, and am now working on beating Butcher Bay. Butcher Bay is better by a mile

Footwork! You have to move around a lot. Step in, throw a punch or a combo, duck out, circle, pick away at them. Don't turtle up because they'll pull the block-counter-counter bullshit. They didn't do that in the original, they'd just eat whatever you threw at them. Imagine my surprise when I got killed by loving Rust on my first time through the remake.

Remember that the left stick controls what kind of punch you throw. Moving it left and right while pressing R will throw left-right jab combos. Pushing forward is an uppercut. Etc.

Also, get a shiv. Shivs are the best. And you can counter punches with a stab to the throat.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I just ordered Army of Two: The 40th Day. I'm going to play it with my usual bro-op buddy who always play games, be it Halo 3 or Splinter Cell, like it's Contra. So I already know that any amount of tact is going to fall on my shoulders.

Any tips I should know about the game going in?

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

McKracken posted:

Just picked up Dino Crisis 2 on PSN, any stupidly obtuse adventure game logic puzzles or 90 minor weird things needed to get the good ending?

Do you need to pretty much run from every single enemy like in the first game?

To save yourself some later backtracking, in the Jungle area one of the rooms is like a stream/river with some ledges and ladders and such. Along one of the walls is a keycard you can pick up early on that you would have to come back for way later.
At about 3:30 into this video you can see where to pick it up.

Otherwise I just have to say KILL KILL KILL, this whole game is RE4 Merc Mode with loving dinosaurs and it's totally rad. I wouldn't waste money on the rocket launcher or dual SMGs or any of the fancy weapons - Regina's Heavy Machine Gun is the best, Dylan's shotgun is always useful, but you're definately going to need the Solid Cannon and Anti-tank Rifle for later enemies.

And remember there's all kinds of goodies you can unlock and buy, so keep and eye out and play it through more than once!

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

EddieDean posted:

About to start both Red Dead Redemption

- Hold B to tip your hat and say howdy to passers-by.
- You don't find cougars, cougars find you.
- There are infinite bears.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

juliuspringle posted:

Anyone have any tips for GTH (Red Dead Redemption)?

- You can obtain new weapons by doing Gang Hideouts instead of buying them, including the Volcanic Pistol early on at Twin Rocks.
- Have your Karma be all good or all bad, since you get mostly the same rewards (crimes aren't reported, etc) while neutral doesn't net you anything. Good is better than evil since you don't have the law hassling you, store prices are better (except in theives landing), you unlock the Duster Coat, and there's a random chance of a nun giving you a item that makes bullets less likely to hit you.
- Doing bounties/jobs/whatever will leave you swimming in cash. Doing ambient challenges nets you rewards like free transport, better dead eye, etc. Animal hides sell better in regions those animals don't appear - cougars and bears in Mexico, Bobcats in America, etc. Mostly every late game animal sells better in Mexico though.
- The trick to horseshoes is to line up the pole directly in the gap between your index finger and the rest of your hand, make a full swing and release perfect, then pray to the right God that the physics work out correctly. Don't skip the opponents turn or they'll be more accurate.
- Jose Gonzalez does a bitchin cover of his own song and it plays when you first get on the horse in Mexico and stops when you get off. Spoilers.
- There's a glitch where parking your horse on a dead animal will have you collect their pelt without the skinning animation (something about clipping through the horse) which is great because;
- Every time you kill a bear another spawns nearby. You will never have enough time to skin them, they kill you in just one or two hits, and they can keep pace with you. Listen, and understand. That bear is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I just bought Resident Evil HD Remaster. I haven't played this game in about ten years so I forget a lot of the specifics. What should I know before I get back into it?

...How long does it take crimson heads to come back? :ohdear:

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
Speaking of DA Inquisition, I'm gonna buy it soon and I found out that Hawke from Dragon Age 2 makes an appearance in the game. Can I import my same-console save for their appearance, do I get to design them from scratch, or is it just always Default Hawke?

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
It's pretty straightforward if you've played the other Arkham games. Punch dudes, get combos, break arms. The Electrocutioner fight is insanely difficult for how early in the game it is, but besides that it's all gravy.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
Am about to dive back into Wasteland 2 after putting it down for RDR2. I'd stopped at the canyon with all the suicide monks/Angela leaving the party so I feel like rerolling and going through the first act again wouldn't be too bad to freshen up. I remember my SMG Leader being mostly useless in combat besides their Leadership buff, but AR Angela/my AR squaddie being a good tag team together. I also had a Sniper and a Pistol squaddie for flavor.

How viable is a squad with 2-3 AR users? I was thinking of dropping the SMG and the Sniper and having ARs in their place. Is ammo too scarce to support that, or do later encounters make it a bad idea? I had all the other skills down the way I want so mostly I'm just trying to figure out a good weapon spread.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
Any beginner tips for Black Desert? Pre-ordered the PS4 version that's releasing end of August to play with my girlfriend. Cursory searches on youtube gave us a lot of stuff geared towards people trying to power game and max out. We're both pretty casual and only play games together maybe a dozen hours a week, if that. I doubt we'll ever get towards end-game type stuff (we are both bad at video games), so the early game is what's going to be most of our experience. Is there any need to know QoL stuff that might not be explained too well etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord just released on PS4. I put a bunch of hours into Warband but this game is different enough that my old strats don't work here.

I'm now a hundred man mercenary band with about 60k in the bank and a few workshops. Not sure which kingdom I want to throw in with yet. Any mid-game tips for success? Besieging castles and towns looks like it's a lot more in-depth than sending a bunch of huscarls up a single ladder. How do I start to pull together the numbers required to really accomplish stuff, begin a conquest for world domination, etc?