Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

Biggs or Wedge is a good goalie, if I remember right.

And don't even bother with FFX2 blitzball.

I tried that once a few days ago after finally finishing Via Infinito. I think I lost the first game 7 to 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Anything for Sin and Punishment? How difficult is it?

Assuming you mean the original and not the Wii sequel...

You can use your melee attack to hit nearly every projectile back. It's required for some bosses and makes almost all of them much easier.

If you save and quit, you'll waste a continue on your next start up. You start with 10, and you get an extra one for every 100 hits but if you run out you'll have to start the game over or from your last save. Expect to replay the early stages more than a few times.

If you want to get a feel for the game's controls, do the training mode. I love the "coach" there.

The game is pretty difficult but once you really get to know the stages it's entirely fair and really fun to replay.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lucifa posted:

Any advice for Pong? I'm really struggling.

Just follow the advice in this video.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

One of the characters you meet is a European explorer with a gun, after doing a sidequest for him he offers you several rewards you can choose from, one of which is his gun. This isn't a joke response, you can actually get his gun! It's slow but ridiculously powerful, leveled-up it can one-shot some of the most powerful enemies in the game if you can make it through the two-second animation of loading and aiming. Plus it's just :krad: to wander around ancient china with a bigass gun.

I knew I wasn't the only one who did this. Once I got the gun I never used anything else and my cousin got so mad at me for killing the final boss in a few seconds after he spent an entire week on it. Mirabelle for life.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Rirse posted:

About to start Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, any tips before starting up a new game (played a bit before, but kept dying to the first boss and shelved the game).

I found the game to be a lot more fun when I didn't use ridiculous equipment, recovery items and glyph union spamming, but I have a lot of patience when it comes to redoing hard bosses so your mileage may vary. Like most of these types of games, it is easily breakable if you find yourself getting very frustrated. Village sidequests are an easy way to get nice equipment (for example, the ones involving drawing pictures for an old lady will eventually net you a hat that makes rare chests appear more often).

Every enemy has a weakness, and nearly every glyph in the game is useful. For instance, if you come across an enemy that seems to move too fast for you to dodge, try using a stone glyph on it and you'll probably petrify it. You can't play the game like Dawn of Sorrow, you've really got to use nearly every glyph that you have unless you want to have a very difficult time.