Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Comic posted:

I know it doesn't get much love but I'm thinking to try Jade Empire up. Are there any graphical mods or anything that I should really get before playing it? Anything else too since I'm going to be going in blind, thought I'd finally try it out after having it in my Steam library forever untouched.

Combat system feature that I didn't understand until reading up on it:
A 'harmonic combo' is executed by using the strong/area attack of a support/magic style, causing a circular timer to appear under the enemy, then immediately following with a strong attack of a martial style before the timer runs out. This makes most enemies explode instantly with a 100% chance of dropping a power-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Volitaire posted:

About the combat, this game was recommended to me as someone who thought DA:O's combat was lackluster. Drakensang seems to have a more robust character progression system and a really great interface. So its got that going for it. That being said, how the hell do I remove something from the toolbar?

Middle-click to remove if I recall correctly.

One thing that comes to mind that wasn't obvious is that you want to put lockpicks in your toolbar and use them from there to open chests, otherwise there are some huge penalties to your rolls.

If you are at all interested in skinning/gathering then get sqlitebrowser and edit the file "static.db4" (make a backup):

update _Template_Talent set TaActions=0 where TaCursor='GatherHerb' OR TaCursor='SkinAnimal';

This will save you hours of tedium by making resource gathering instant so you don't take four seconds to skin every single rat that you kill.