Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Bhodi posted:

Surprised there's nothing for Astroneer. I picked it up on the steam sale, I gather there was a big automation update?

I played for a few hours, my biggest problem so far is figuring out when hitting a tether Y junction which path leads back to civilization, how to carry all these materials with a 8 slot backpack, and how to make circular ramps leading down. Any tips?

I usually didn't find it hard to remember the way home but when it was confusing I'd just bite the bullet and plot down a second pole right next to the original to represent the way home. As already stated, don't try and make compact downward ramps, do long slopes. By the time you need to go so deep that a long straight-ish ramp is a problem (just out so sheer walking distance) you'll be using a vehicle with a drill attachment and the extra distance doesn't matter at that point. One way to get more carrying capacity is manually drag a module with slots down with you. It's a bit tedious but you can grab just about any storage module and either walk slowly or grab it and move it forward, drop it, then run past it, turn around, grab it again, and repeat. Then attach the containers to it and drag it back with you home. You'll also get a tractor later where you can attach platforms with storage or that you attach storage modules to and can drive a tractor where you need to go for extra storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU