Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

Neutron Bandit posted:

I am about to start up Mount & Blade: Warband years after dumping 300+ hours into the first game. What are the best mods to expand the core single player game? I'm not looking to play online just expand the map/features by a fuckload.

EDIT: To clarify I should be asking if I need mods at all, unlike the first game?

Warband is more an expansion of the original rather than a new game, so you'll probably want to add mods.

I generally stick with the TaleWorlds Forum for Mount & Blade mods, but you can also try the Mount&Blade Repository.
Native Expansion for Warband is probably what you're looking for at this stage, it's worth remembering that most mods install fine along side each other and you can change between them when you start the game so don't be afraid to try others out. You could also try Blood and Steel (my current favorite) or the Floris Mod Pack, which is a collection of smaller mods that adds to the single player game.
1257AD and Brytenwalda are also great, but are more total conversions on the base game.

QUACKTASTIC fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

Dead Island doesn't seem to have a wiki entry. Does anyone have any starting tips?

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

Thanks.

GuavaMoment posted:

Get the mod 'Dead Island Helper'. It doesn't change the gameplay, but fixes a crap ton of minor bugs and annoyances. I got motionsick from the game (which almost never happens to me) until I got this mod installed.

This in particular needs to be repeated. The PC version of Dead Island has a bunch of tweaks that this utility easily fixes.

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

KOTOR2

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

Anything for Binary Domain?

So far I've got:

Always stay in cover
Upgrade gun damage, accuracy & clip size at every opportunity
Take out legs to slow robots down
Take out head to make robot target other robots (doesn't seem worth it in practice)
Check blind spots for intel (not sure what it does)

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

The game's pretty easy; put guns on your capped stuff, anti-tank gun the tanks, chop the shooty stuff, shoot the choppy stuff, etc.

Also, there's no problem that cannot be solved with more guardsmen.

e.
The game plays similarly to Company of Heroes, so a lot of the general tips in the CoH thread can be applied to DoW:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3387973

QUACKTASTIC fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 6, 2014

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm phone posting but someone should post the trailer for it, that tells you all you need to know.

Still the best game trailer I've seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dofacvjRkc

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

drat Dirty Ape posted:

And also, don't do what I did and save scum through the game (I've played unknown but not within). It really makes a huge difference in the enjoyment and tension of the game.

Turning on Ironman in Advance Settings is a good way to remove the temptation.

Also don't play XCOM on Easy; the game gives you so many advantages that you'll end up not knowing how to play properly.
Normal difficulty is hard enough for a first game.
Classic should be left until your second playthrough, or at least until you're familiar with all aspects of the game.

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

RevolverDivider posted:

Anything for Borderlands 2? I read the wiki and am mostly looking for how good is it for primarily single player, though I might be able to rope in a few people.

Go here: https://www.pcgamer.com/au/shift-codes-borderlands-2/ and use the SHiFT codes to get 100-odd golden keys for the special weapon crate in Sanctuary.

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

Anything for Blackguards 2?
Do I need to play 1 first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QUACKTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

__(.)<
\___)

Kuros posted:

Any tips on Horrible Mom who got me hooked on prescription drugs at an early age? I'm having issues with the early parts of the game.

Do meth about it