Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Is Red Alert 3 multiplayer still going? I played through the campaign over Christmas and now that school's out I have trouble beating the skirmish AI.

Also, any advice on Dawn of War 2?

On the subject of Majora's mask...

quote:

-Rescue the Fairy again after the first three-day cycle.
-Look for a robbery occurring at night of the First Day in Clock Town.
I'd like to add that, in case it wasn't obvious, you should do both of these in your human form. The other thing to immediately repeat in your human form is the Bombers' hide-and-seek game. Instead of just telling you off for being a Deku Scrub, they'll give you a notebook that lets you keep track of the goings-on in Clock Town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

HondaCivet posted:

This is more of a general question but I've been playing Chrono Trigger on the DS . . . I'm a little ways into the part where you enter the apocalyptic future (do I need to spoiler a game this old?) for the first time and I'm just not feeling horribly motivated to continue. It's been hyped as the best RPG ever since it came out but the battles just aren't super engaging to me, at least at this point in the game. I was just wondering if the game really opens up at some point I guess.

I'm sure you've noticed several boxes that can't be opened yet. I think it's pretty obvious when you get the item that can open them, but there is another mechanic to those boxes that leads to, IIRC, some miss-able items. You may notice that all of those boxes appear in both the present and Middle Ages. If you use the item that opens the box in the past, but don't open the box, the item inside will soak in the power over the next few centuries, and you can open the box in the present for better items. I don't remember if you could use the amulet on the boxes, get the item in the future, and then get the lesser item from the same box.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Groselgar posted:

I'm just starting the Super Mario Galaxy games for the first time, and besides getting the all the stars is there any stuff I should know? I vaguely recall something I saw before about purple coins being a waste of time to get, are these needed to fully complete galaxies?

You still need the purple coin starts to complete the galaxies they appear in, which is every galaxy with more than one or two stars, iirc. Whatyou heard was that if you're an obsessive completionist who has to get everything before the end, you can relax, because the purple coin stars don't become available until you've beaten the game once anyway. There's no reward or change for getting everything but the purple coin stars.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 11, 2011

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Real hurthling! posted:

gonna start deus ex human revolution pretty soon any really broken character builds to go for?

There aren't really builds. While there aren't enough Praxis points to get every upgrade, many of them are pointless, like the ability to see what cache rewards are, so you'll probably be able to just do what you want.You'll get enough to allow you to explore everything somewhat early if you work at it.

If you want to prioritize upgrades that help you explore every nook and cranny, you'll need the upgrades for hacking (Not necessarily the ones that reduce difficulty. Each computer has a security rating and you'll need a a certain upgrade to even attempt the higher level ones.), the arm upgrade for lifting heavy objects (to uncover areas or to make improvised platforms), the rebreather for toxic environments, the emp shielding for areas with electrified floors, the jump height upgrade, the slow fall upgrade, and the wall punch upgrade if you don't want to use a ton of explosives on breakable walls.
The social enhancer allows you to get some things from various characters you couldn't otherwise get, but isn't required to beat the big speech battles. It may actually be more fun to just use the hints it gives you to win them rather than use the pheromones option to brute force it. In fact, using that option on one character (the cop at the front desk of the Detroit Police Department) makes things worse later than if you had more naturally persuaded him to do what you want.

After the first intro, you're told you have to hurry and get out there to the first mission area. (Not too much of a spoiler, and it might be funny to discover this on your own) This is actually true, as bad things will happen if you fart around exploring the office. You'll return right after you complete it, so you won't miss out on any items or anything. Once you actually get to the mission area, though, you'll have all the time you need.

An important thing to note for non-lethal runs is that, no, of course you can't kill anyone in the intro. Many people, including me, didn't think that. None of the hostiles are aware of you until they see you, and even though it looks like they're charging in after you, they'll settle into predictable patrols. The furniture, boxes, and other cover are placed so you can avoid everyone.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 7, 2016