Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Don't bother getting the Typhoon in order to cheese the bosses, they're easy enough anyway with these tips, coming from a stealthy player who isn't good at shooters. If you're the sort of person who loves finding a boss' weaknesses and beating them then ignore my tips, but if you just want to get past them and back to sneaking, they should help.

Boss 1 - There are explosive and poison gas barrels scattered around the place, pick them up and throw them at him until he's dead. He's not very quick and loses sight of you easily. EMP grenades stun him and give you time to get behind him or grab a barrel and throw it but they're not essential.

Boss 2 - Make sure you have a stungun and some ammo (you should anyway because it's an immensely useful weapon), when the boss rushes you, which you'll be warned about beforehand, stungun them and unload whatever guns you have into them until they die. The fight is a total joke this way. I bet you could stunlock them and just stungun them to death but I lacked to ammo to try this. EMP Shielding helps but isn't essential if you can time your jumps.

Boss 3 - Totally predictable, the room is a big rectangle, run around the outside and take cover. They'll come after you, shoot them when you see them until they fire grenades to flush you out. Then you run round to the opposite corner and they will always follow you round, start shooting again and repeat until they die.

These are not the only ways to cheese them, far from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Anno 2070 is big and scary. I feel like I understand the basic mechanics somewhat.

Is the Campaign worth jumping directly into or is the continuous play where the meat of the game is?

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Cheers, will probably go with the continuous play once I'm happy with the mechanics, I usually plump for free play in this sort of game but it's hard to know if the bulk of the game is in the missions or not.