Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
this is one of the most-asked for, I looked at the last half-dozen pages, didn't see anything.

finally getting around to NIER.

guess I just need to know who previously posted on it so I can narrow my searches.

VVVVV

thanks a bundle. All I could remember being mentioned was not to bother with content that I thought was boring.

looking forward to this one!

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 5, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Ainsley McTree posted:

Started playing Nier - is there a compelling reason to hang onto these raw materials I keep finding, or can I just sell them all at shops and do fine? I can see that they're used in sidequests, but I really don't feel like hunting down every sidequest I can find in the hopes that one of them will use my raw materials, I kinda just want to sell the bastards straight up. If I just sell them, will I do fine with money? Are there any particular ones I should hang onto?

I think the only three materials you need to get all four endings are Machine Oils, Goat Hides, and Eggplants (which you can buy at a store). So go nuts otherwise.

e Barudak, I'll send a FR to the metatag sometime tomorrow. I'd be interested in whatever crapass tourney you can dredge up. I still haven't played the game but it's increasingly likely I'll want to lock myself indoors all weekend doing just that.

also, you said 730, but would that be EST?

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 18, 2011

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Centipeed posted:

Only a few tips for Final Fantasy 13 on the Wiki:

http://beforeiplay.com/index.php/Site/FinalFantasy13

If anyone wants to write a few more in the thread, I'll add them.

I know it isn't funny, but it's been long enough since this was said that it could be helpful:

Don't play it

awful, boring game somehow manages to strip out all of the things I ever liked about the series. Unless you're the kind of person who just wants to be told a story, and you insist on being told a bad one.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I am about to start Bartleby & Co. by Enrique Vila-Matas. Lay it on me.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Mayor McCheese posted:

Unfortunately I still haven't finished LISA which is a shame as it's a crazy rear end game. I can only offer some basic tips.

-You're going to have to grind quite a bit and backtrack.

-Not all characters are created equal and there's a ton to recruit. Those with keyboard commands tend to be a little bit more fleshed out.

-Hug walls for hidden rooms.

-A good deal of the game is trail & error. This is especially true when it comes to falling off of stuff. Save often as the game isn't afraid of killing you.

I'm not as far as this guy probably (through the 1st boss, have the first? mobility upgrade) but Lisa has been great about saying exactly what it's going to do and then doing it. There's a lot of Souls influence so I'm sure there's really well-hidden stuff I've missed. Grinding was not in its design so that's kind of a bummer though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
gently caress you if you're posting Bout exploits or endgame quest rewards in the I haven't started playing the game yet Megathread!!!