Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Polaron posted:

Find a mod to skip the starting temple in 2. Seriously, it's terrible.

Here's one I made a while back for the Steam thread. From the starting area, just run past the guy to your south into the village and you're good to go!

To install, unzip into the data\maps\ directory in your Fallout 2 folder. If you have the unofficial patch installed, make a backup of ARTEMPLE.CFG and ARTEMPLE.MAP in that folder and put these in there instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Here's the main GNR Enhanced download you'll need to plug into it as well.

e: oops, spelling

Convex fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 7, 2012

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Decided to install Mass Effect 2 on a whim this weekend and found out someone actually cracked how to fix the FOV without breaking all the cutscenes! Guide here. It covers all 3 games, I've only tested the second one though.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Do the Mother games need to be played in order? Thinking of playing Earthbound but don't want to miss out on any important story bits.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

voltron lion force posted:

Skip Mother 1 but play Earthbound before Mother 3.

Thanks!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

LooKMaN posted:

Any tips or information for Civilization V? This is my first time playing any of the 4X games and it's a bit overwhelming.

Unless you have a ridiculously expensive PC, turn off Terrain Shadows in the options menu. I'm not sure exactly why it's so intensive, but I have a 560ti and can happily run the game at 1080p, 60fps with 4x MSAA and everything on High except for that.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Barudak posted:

To echo what others have said, just cheat. The combat in Planescape is horrific and best skipped at all costs.

To echo this, having played through the game once with no cheating and again most of the way with STR and DEX maxed from the start, I enjoyed the second playthrough so much more. The core of the game is in the story, so you won't miss anything enjoyable as long as you leave all the other stats alone.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Any tips for Dino Crisis please? I heard it's a bit different from the RE games mechanically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Thanks for the advice!