Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
I'm about to play Mass Effect(to be followed by Mass Effect 2) for the first time and I'm not sure which class to pick between engineer and sentinel.
I'm leaning more towards sentinel but I'm a little worried it may be abit rubbish or am I over thinking and it wont really matter anyway?

Also is there anything I need to know before I start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
^Thanks for the help.
I was worried biotics would be kinda useless but I'm glad to hear the opposite.

Gonna boot it up sometime tomorrow

oh one more thing are the DLC (Bring Down The Sky/Pinnacle Station) for Mass Effect worth getting?

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 3, 2011

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

al-azad posted:

There is one missable in Arkham Asylum and that's the Party Crasher achievement. At the end of the game you'll walk through a long corridor with 20 something thugs wearing party hats. They're not hostile but this is the only time to get the achievement by beating the poo poo out of them.

I kicked all their asses in a perfect, unbroken combo on hard mode. Best feeling in the game.

Wait, you could just walk past them!?
The only bit of the game I found hard was having to beat all those assholes in one go and I could have just walked past them....I'm a idiot

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Picked up Dragon Age: Origins the other week for the Xbox 360.
I'm about 8 hours in and still haven't got a grip on the combat.
Has anyone got any tips because its putting me off an otherwise pretty fun game.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 15, 2012

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
^
Oddly I've already done most of that.
I always pack Sten/Alistair & Morrigan in my party using Stren/Alistair as a tank and taking control of Morrigan during combat as she seems stupidly overpowered.

I have tinkered with the tactics menu and do have them drinking down a HP potion at 25% and switch between attack nearest and attack weakest/strongest depending on the fight.

But still every time I get a bit outnumbered in combat it turns into everyone else is dead run around in circles taking pot shots till I fluke out and kill them or die twice and turn difficulty down to casual.

If there was a better way to manage each team member better during combat I'd be happy but at the moment combat seems abit of scramble and kinda annoying.

Am I doing it wrong or is the combat abit uncontrolable?

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 15, 2012

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Fruits of the sea posted:

Possibly a dumb question, but are you using the pause button constantly? That's essential for the more difficult fights.

Not a dumb question at all as I think that may be my problem. I didn't know you could pause and issue orders to different people.
I thought you had to chose a character then pause using the power wheel issue your order then flip to another character and repeat.
I didn't know you could just pause the game issue orders to all 4 then un-pause and repeat.
Guess I'm a idiot, I'll give it another go sometime later thanks guys

^ I also agree it would work much better if it was turn based.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Is there any silly little things I need to know about Fallout: NV
I've played Fallout 3 and I know there's a thread and a million guides online but I don't want to spoil anything.
All I want to know is are there any big things I need to know about.
Also when should I take on the DLC and in what order?

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
I'm replaying Arkham Asylum after playing few years ago on my friends PS3.
I didn't bother with the Riddler trophies but now I'm obsessed with grabbing them all this time. So when in the narrative is the best time to back track around the areas and collect the ones I've missed? As trying to grab them all as I go is breaking the narrative and making it all abit of a drag.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

scamtank posted:

Right when you've got all the tools to get at them, I say. The triple batclaw is the final one.

Thanks...

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Sleepy Dogs seems simple enough But is there anything I should know before I start???

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 11, 2013

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Thanks for the info...

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Maybe not the right place to ask but... I've just started playing Sleeping Dogs and just wanted to know do the DLC (Nightmare in North Point/The Zodiac Tournament/Year of the Snake) take after the end of the game or are just tacted on missions to the main game?

Also is there anything I should know before I get any deeper in...

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Alan Wake anything I need to know?

Seems simple enough...

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Hey gonna dive into Metro 2033 and just wanted to know if there's anything I need to know before I start..??

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
It might be on the wiki, sorry if it is but I'm just giving Castlevania: Symphony of the Night a go on Xbox 360 and I'm a tad lost.

I've only ever played Super Castlevania on the SNES when I was around 9 and this seem quite abit different.
I've figured the controls but what do the items do? how do I access them? and what do I need to know?

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Cheers guys for the Castlevania help.

I should have said I already knew it was going to be more Metroid than Super Castlevania.
After playing a few hours yesterday I found it was easier than I thought to get the hang off, I think the prologue threw me off I found a bunch of items but couldn't equip them.

Anyway I don't suppose you guys could help me again I'm just about to start up Mass Effect 2.
I know about time but I've played Mass Effect twice, watched a good few hours of buddy's playing Mass Effect 2 (including my old flatmate who played it non-stop in the lounge every night for what felt like months.) and I've played a fair amount of Mass Effect 3's multi.

I just want to know is there any little stuff I still need to know?
Also I thought I'd got all the DLC in a sale a while back but I forgot to pick up Overlord, is it worth getting now at full price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

paco650 posted:

You really should consider sticking with Paragon or Renegade answers so you don't end up short during some crucial crew vs. crew fight and have to explain yourself afterward like some kind of scorned dog.

This annoys me because I love playing as an arsehole who's a dick to everyone but I don't want to do the dumbass EVIL stuff which is going to leave me lacking in the points on both sides.
I mean the first renegade choice in the game is to shoot a mad guy in the back of the head

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Renegade Vangard FemShep is the best and funnist way to play, and it works out really well in ME3.

Sorry playing as (mostly) renegade infiltrator femshep.

Cheers for the help again guys....